tor

Cheap and Easy

29 posts in this topic

Meh. Buy them by the case when they are on sale, and they come pre-stacked...

(Actually it took me a second or two to work out how come I wasn't obsessing over the stackability of cans also - and that's why!)

Yeah but my cupboard for tins has shelves that stack 3 high and 5 deep[1] so I need tins that stack. 3 cases of tomatoes is not a requirement :)

When I (finally) build my real pantry and big pantry then I will go for single case shelves (big pantry) and some kind of roller stack thing (real pantry) but with the current economic climate I have diverted "cool idea" money to "pay the mortgage quickerer" money. Dropping interest rates again makes paying it off too tempting.

Which is sad but I guess gives me a year or so to think about cool things I can do when I am debt free.

[1] and has bloody supports for the shelf above at the third can height which means non stackable cans cascade. Who designs pantry shelves like this? insane people I say.

I have diverted "cool idea" money to "pay the mortgage quickerer" money. Dropping interest rates again makes paying it off too tempting.

Which is sad but I guess gives me a year or so to think about cool things I can do when I am debt free.

Oh brother, that I can relate to. Pay the mortgage quickerer is where it is at.

If things keep on track we will pay off ours in the five years minimum required by our financial institution, thereby neatly avoiding the early discharge fee. Should be in a few months time.

Mmmm mortgage free. Happy to put up with a crap pantry (or in my case, lack of solar system) for that!

Oh brother, that I can relate to. Pay the mortgage quickerer is where it is at.

If things keep on track we will pay off ours in the five years minimum required by our financial institution, thereby neatly avoiding the early discharge fee. Should be in a few months time.

Mmmm mortgage free. Happy to put up with a crap pantry (or in my case, lack of solar system) for that!

Oh nice. Very envious.

I let my eyes drift from the prize a bit this year (turned 40, world championships, cool stuff for the house, got depressed at the whole being in debt thing) but when they announced the interest rates going down and the builders finished the last "required" thing it spurred me back into action. My graphs are going crazy!

Oh nice. Very envious.

I let my eyes drift from the prize a bit this year (turned 40, world championships, cool stuff for the house, got depressed at the whole being in debt thing) but when they announced the interest rates going down and the builders finished the last "required" thing it spurred me back into action. My graphs are going crazy!

If you are envious, I am incredulous - I never thought we'd get to this point, especially as I thought we were insane to be buying 'at the top of the market' way back in 2007.

Turns out I miscalculated. Can't say I'm too sorry, though.