tor

Grocery bills

78 posts in this topic

I'm told some research outfit discovered that Coles, in particular, has an untrusted Brand. .

Do tell? About time someone noticed. Coles is renowned for taking the product Woollies won't. Anyone who has had anything to do with the pointy end of food processing knows that, and that sort of knowledge has to seep into the community eventually.

Buy a freezer!

Got one. Best budget buy I ever made, it paid for itself within a year, I reckon. It enables us to make real mileage out of good loss leaders when they come around.

Dose, your analysis of inflation by stealth is spot on.

Do tell? About time someone noticed. Coles is renowned for taking the product Woollies won't. Anyone who has had anything to do with the pointy end of food processing knows that, and that sort of knowledge has to seep into the community eventually.

You don't even have to be told by anyone. I am by no means a gourmet and have no huge "buy free range because it is nicer to the animal" thing happening. Coles has, up until maybe 6 months ago, had the worst vegetables I have seen. You just have to look at them and you can see they are the seconds rates veges.

While I don't care too much about the perfectly shaped veges I do realise that in a supermarket that has mostly pretty shaped veges and one that has the mis shapen ones it is a reasonable guess who pays the premium and probably spends more on looking after the veges until I get to buy them.

That said, Harris Farms, St Ives. Worth going even with my incredible racial and social prejudices :)

you can see they are the seconds rates

You haven't seen second rate until you visited Coles Guildford. The neighbourhood pigeons are bigger than the large $10.90 BBQ chickens.