Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cobran20

Construction work stalls as the residential sector goes sharply into reverse

7 posts in this topic

Do you think any australian government would do differently? Goose and Gold and such...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tor said:

Do you think any australian government would do differently? Goose and Gold and such...

There is a big difference between p!ssing money away as if there is no tomorrow as Krudd & Goose did, paying multiples for unnecessary construction work and waiting firstly for confirmation of a downturn and then squeezing hard deals, maximising value of tax payers monies. The Libs are generally much better at that.

Personally, governments should be mandated to run surpluses every year and only to be used for natural emergencies, war in your own country or extreme economic downturn. They are very good at promising high ticket items that require massive, ongoing funding without worrying as to whether the economy can afford it each year. Look at Venezuela for what the end game looks like if you don't control it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure you know much about Venezuela and I suspect you are simply following the American right wing nutbag.

I am not sure you know much about anything actually when it comes down to it.

You sure do have a bunch of opinions though! Go Man Go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tor said:

I am not sure you know much about Venezuela and I suspect you are simply following the American right wing nutbag.

I am not sure you know much about anything actually when it comes down to it.

You sure do have a bunch of opinions though! Go Man Go!

I'm sure you know SFA. Look up Cuba, the old USSR (which I visited at the time). So tell me of a good socialist dream that didn't come undone financially. Notice China & Vietnam's economies turned capitalist? I guess not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venezuela is not Cuba or the USSR (which I visited at the time too)

I have to admit visiting Leningrad didn't give me any particularly deep understanding into "communist economic theory as implemented" but I guess I have as much as you.

You'd have been younger than 18 at the time I am guessing.

Maybe you were a self taught child genius!! you extrapolated the Venezuela situation based on your teenage impressions of the USSR.

There are few (no?) fully capitalist or socialist economies in the world. Most (all?) are hybrids.

Norway is often considered socialist (esp. a few years back). Venezuela would probably fall in the same general area I'd guess - probably less extreme really in many ways.

I am sure this will help you understanding Venezuela's situation.

ahahahaha No I'm not! Go Man Go! You're f*cking living the dream. Can't read charts, can't understand basic economic theory, can't understand scientific method. wheeeeeeee.... no wonder you need your astrologer and numerologist, gotta get your opinions from somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tor said:

Venezuela is not Cuba or the USSR (which I visited at the time too)

I have to admit visiting Leningrad didn't give me any particularly deep understanding into "communist economic theory as implemented" but I guess I have as much as you.

You'd have been younger than 18 at the time I am guessing.

Maybe you were a self taught child genius!! you extrapolated the Venezuela situation based on your teenage impressions of the USSR.

There are few (no?) fully capitalist or socialist economies in the world. Most (all?) are hybrids.

Norway is often considered socialist (esp. a few years back). Venezuela would probably fall in the same general area I'd guess - probably less extreme really in many ways.

I am sure this will help you understanding Venezuela's situation.

ahahahaha No I'm not! Go Man Go! You're f*cking living the dream. Can't read charts, can't understand basic economic theory, can't understand scientific method. wheeeeeeee.... no wonder you need your astrologer and numerologist, gotta get your opinions from somewhere.

I was 24 if you must know. Watching almost empty supermarkets in their capital city for the locals, special and fully stocked ones for tourists who paid with $US, as well as people queuing around a large block just so they could buy ice cream tells you enough about their economy. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, just a bit of brain, which admittedly is a lot to ask of some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0