Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staringclown

How long will Scomo remain

74 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, tor said:

I do have to say that Australian racism seems to have changed in the 5 years we were away. Like casual racism seems way more common now, different for different groups but, my lord, it is weird when members of your family have turned into that american stereotype.

And no one seems to understand words any more. I had someone say they support Singapore's forced integration at the same time they were saying they were conservative. Like wtf? What does conservative mean if you support government deciding where you live?

This has truly been a weird arse couple of months. And we only did it to ensure Cobran knows we are better than his astrologist and numerologist and he won't believe us anyways. Sheesh. Next time I just do sh*t quietly :)

In the meantime, 4 weeks left for any one that wants to come try korean barbeque cooked on the most bizarre barbecues ever invented (Volcano! by an australian solving every problem you never knew you had with a BBQ, sorry I already gave it away when we leave) and have ssam which totally tastes like what Nagoya would have made if they were aware of this crazy idea instead of just deep fried pork.

Cobran tell your friends not to go killing kiwis again please. We want out of this country and you probably want us out so lets call it a draw.

We can challenge your astrologist and numerologist (who weren't here and involved) for the next interesting thing if you like. Person there before it happens gets points? I think that is the best way to measure it. I do believe they are zero currently...

They're my friends as much as yours are the ones who undertook the massacre in Sri Lanka. Presumably you're more than Ok with them doing the same  in Australia?

7 hours ago, cobran20 said:

You cannot find anybody worse at picking candidates & admin staff. She should rename her party to PH's Circus party.

I'd imagine Clive has better snacks at his events. 

1 hour ago, zaph said:

I'd imagine Clive has better snacks at his events. 

You'd have to hurry before he eats them himself.

1 person likes this

On 5/13/2019 at 7:31 PM, staringclown said:

How long will Scomo remain? 

Hopefully about 5 more sleeps.

I just hope we get rid of the far right. Mutton, A butt, Anning, Corey and friends.

It's a hard election to call with uncle Clive's massive presidential style campaign spending. 

First home buyers policy giving 10% of FHB a LMV of 95%. Subsidy from the party of the free market.

I don't understand this statement.

I'd like more details from both parties on this policy. Will the govt just pick up the LMI premium? Or will they run their own 'insurance'. Either way the cost just doubled. 

8 hours ago, zaph said:

I just hope we get rid of the far right. Mutton, A butt, Anning, Corey and friends.

It's a hard election to call with uncle Clive's massive presidential style campaign spending. 

I don't understand this statement.

I'd like more details from both parties on this policy. Will the govt just pick up the LMI premium? Or will they run their own 'insurance'. Either way the cost just doubled. 

Sorry.

100000 FHB per year apparently. The scheme is capped at 10000 so 10% of FHB get the right to have a 95% mortgage. My understanding is that the LMI is covered by the gov and a guarantee to reimburse 20% to the banks in the event of default. As it's a brain fart a bit more detail would be of benefit. The NZ scheme on which this is based caps the income levels of recipients at around 30% lower.

My own hitlist is quite long

Top 10 losses which will make me happy in no particular order:

Tony Abbott 

Eric Abetz 

Kevin Andrews

Peter Dutton

Craig Kelly

George Chistiansen

Barnaby Joyce

Michaelia Cash

Greg Hunt

Scott Morrison

Melissa Price

Matthew Canavan

Bonus points for Josh Frydenberg, Simon Birmingham, Jim Molan, Michael Keenan, Angus Taylor, Dan Teehan, Tim Wilson (IPA), James Paterson (IPA), Mitch Fifield, Michael McCormack, Matthias Corman, Michelle Landry, Stuart Robert, Zed and Christian Porter

People I'd like to see win who aren't Labor or Green candidates:

Kerryn Phelps

Rob Oakshot

Helen Haines

Others that will cheer me up when they lose:

Malcolm Roberts (and everyone else from PHON)

Clive Palmer (and everyone else from United Australia)

Bob Katter

Brian Burstan

Fraser Anning

Jacqui Lambie

Not a complete list but a good starting point

21 minutes ago, staringclown said:

Sorry.

100000 FHB per year apparently. The scheme is capped at 10000 so 10% of FHB get the right to have a 95% mortgage. My understanding is that the LMI is covered by the gov and a guarantee to reimburse 20% to the banks in the event of default. As it's a brain fart a bit more detail would be of benefit. The NZ scheme on which this is based caps the income levels of recipients at around 30% lower.

I guess we'll get the detail after the scheme has started, most likely towards the end.

Top 10 losses which will make me happy in no particular order:

Tony Abbott 

Eric Abetz 

Kevin Andrews

Peter Dutton

Craig Kelly

George Chistiansen

Barnaby Joyce

Michaelia Cash

Greg Hunt

Scott Morrison

Melissa Price

Matthew Canavan

Bonus points for Josh Frydenberg, Simon Birmingham, Jim Molan, Michael Keenan, Angus Taylor, Dan Teehan, Tim Wilson (IPA), James Paterson (IPA), Mitch Fifield, Michael McCormack, Matthias Corman, Michelle Landry, Stuart Robert, Zed and Christian Porter

For some reason Barnaby will get in easily. I'd like to see that mean spirited bloke go too.

The member for Manila hasn't been targeted by the left so he'll be fine. Not sure why - he is an easy target. 

Others that will cheer me up when they lose:

Malcolm Roberts (and everyone else from PHON)

It's certain Roberts won't get in. Perhaps one phony senator, most likely from WA will just scrape in. If one nation get's any seats, they won't hold them by the next election.

Clive Palmer (and everyone else from United Australia)

Clive will get in. Perhaps another one or two senators. Most likely no lower house seats. I think he's good for the right and will mostly be asleep or absent from parliament.

Bob Katter

Back by popular demand. But no other Katter's. His family, ops party, have their hands full in QLD state seats. 

Brian Burstan

Likely to get returned. Pretty harmless.

Fraser Anning

Who? Not a chance.

Jacqui Lambie

Good chance of getting in due to Tasmania's small population. It's pretty easy to get a senate spot in Tas.

22 hours ago, zaph said:

I guess we'll get the detail after the scheme has started, most likely towards the end.

For some reason Barnaby will get in easily. I'd like to see that mean spirited bloke go too.

The member for Manila hasn't been targeted by the left so he'll be fine. Not sure why - he is an easy target. 

It's certain Roberts won't get in. Perhaps one phony senator, most likely from WA will just scrape in. If one nation get's any seats, they won't hold them by the next election.

Clive will get in. Perhaps another one or two senators. Most likely no lower house seats. I think he's good for the right and will mostly be asleep or absent from parliament.

Back by popular demand. But no other Katter's. His family, ops party, have their hands full in QLD state seats. 

Likely to get returned. Pretty harmless.

Who? Not a chance.

Good chance of getting in due to Tasmania's small population. It's pretty easy to get a senate spot in Tas.

Barnaby. I was close enough to egg him and I missed my chance.

I thought Manilla was on a big margin?

I hope you're right about swivel-eyed Roberts and Clive for that matter. Roberts because he has the most punchable face in Australia and Clive because if he wins, every billionaire in the country will be splashing the cash to further their own agenda. Thin end of the wedge.

Lambie just annoys me because she's a bogan. Still in a democracy someone has to represent bogans I guess.

Vale Bob. I grew up with a vision for Oz which I didn't think would regress. Turns out you have to keep fighting your entire life.

11 hours ago, staringclown said:

Barnaby. I was close enough to egg him and I missed my chance.

I think throwing a shoe would be more appropriate for that man.

I thought Manilla was on a big margin?

3 odd percent from memory. Anyway he's set for a fourth term

Vale Bob. I grew up with a vision for Oz which I didn't think would regress. Turns out you have to keep fighting your entire life.

Long live Bob!

11 hours ago, zaph said:

I think throwing a shoe would be more appropriate for that man.

This one perhaps?

Giant_UCLA_Shoe.1533485502.jpg

1 person likes this

Antony Green calls it a Scomo win at 9:31pm.

Looks like Scomo will remain until at least 2022. :)

Now will there be an investigation into Russian influence in the election?

Edited by cobran20

2 hours ago, cobran20 said:

Antony Green calls it a Scomo win at 9:31pm.

Looks like Scomo will remain until at least 2022. :)

Now will there be an investigation into Russian influence in the election?

Shifty has admitted defeat and will resign as Labor leader. 

At least Tony A butt is gone. But the other right wingers seem to be holding on. Watch the coalition lurch to right now or Dutton will knife another PM. 

On 5/16/2019 at 7:39 PM, staringclown said:

I hope you're right about swivel-eyed Roberts and Clive for that matter.

Money can't buy you love. Palmer won't get a senate spot. Not sure about other states. Early election coverage doesn't cover the senate enough. 

Green said Palmer spent $1500 per successful lower house vote; at least he'll get $2.50 per vote from the AEC,

9 hours ago, zaph said:

Shifty has admitted defeat and will resign as Labor leader. 

At least Tony A butt is gone. But the other right wingers seem to be holding on. Watch the coalition lurch to right now or Dutton will knife another PM. 

Noticed how Labor got decimated in QLD, a state where they had to pick up seats. There will be a lot of soul searching over that one.

8 hours ago, zaph said:

Money can't buy you love. Palmer won't get a senate spot. Not sure about other states. Early election coverage doesn't cover the senate enough. 

Green said Palmer spent $1500 per successful lower house vote; at least he'll get $2.50 per vote from the AEC,

Fatso spent about $60m on the campaign for about 3.5% of the votes. Can he afford his next meal without going on a diet?

Malcolm Roberts returns to Parliament for One Nation, after losing his seat when the High Court found he was a dual citizen and thus had been ineligible for election in 2016.

This has restored my faith in democracy, or at least the ability to have an idiot in every village. An idiot in every village should be legislated. 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:41 PM, zaph said:

This has restored my faith in democracy, or at least the ability to have an idiot in every village. An idiot in every village should be legislated. 

Roberts has been quite since his election.

Based on the quality of the opposition so far, Scomo should get across the line again in 3 years time.

6 hours ago, cobran20 said:

Based on the quality of the opposition so far, Scomo should get across the line again in 3 years time.

So you're now in favour of the CGT and NG rules?

10 hours ago, staringclown said:

So you're now in favour of the CGT and NG rules?

I'm stating that from what I have seen of the current opposition, the electorate will stick with Scomo. They are not putting forward much of an alternative. Early days, but Albo is looking like another Beazley.