Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staringclown

How long will Scomo remain

41 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, zaph said:

The fed deficit exploded under the coalition, not the ALP.

 

Note what happened after Krudd got elected in 2007:

Australia Government Budget

Costello left behind a nice surplus. Krudd took care of it in no time. You have to go back to the early Hawke years to find a surplus under Labor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, staringclown said:

and how is their current winter consistent with the IPCC's climate models - which predicted it? After all, government policy should reflect thorough, accurate research?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cobran20 said:

and how is their current winter consistent with the IPCC's climate models - which predicted it? After all, government policy should reflect thorough, accurate research?

Some sh*t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, staringclown said:

Scomo must be a tad concerned after the Victorian bloodbath. 

The Libs behaved like Labor, so they're entitled to the same outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really? Libs were all about law and order and terrorism. Lost it's sting I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, staringclown said:

Really? Libs were all about law and order and terrorism. Lost it's sting I think.

The price of changing leadership, same as Labor previously did. They'll get the same outcome at the next election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cobran20 said:

The price of changing leadership, same as Labor previously did. They'll get the same outcome at the next election.

Let's hope so. My fear is that Victoria will have deemed that punishment has been administered and put the baseball bats back in the cupboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, staringclown said:

Let's hope so. My fear is that Victoria will have deemed that punishment has been administered and put the baseball bats back in the cupboard.

What could go wrong when they have voted such experienced talent:

Baby-faced university student, 19, is forced to put his gap year on hold after creating history with a stunning victory in the Victorian election

Keep an eye on him to see if he will be Labor's version of the Democrat's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cobran20 said:

What could go wrong when they have voted such experienced talent:

Baby-faced university student, 19, is forced to put his gap year on hold after creating history with a stunning victory in the Victorian election

Keep an eye on him to see if he will be Labor's version of the Democrat's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

That's what happens in a landslide. The public seem discontent with inaction on climate change (among other things)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, staringclown said:

That's what happens in a landslide. The public seem discontent with inaction on climate change (among other things)

I'm so looking forward to those energy bills. I hope all subsidies are disclosed to hide the true cost to the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vic election needs to be seen in a broader context.

  • 1982, 1985, 1998 - Labor
  • 1992, 1996 - Liberal, off the back of a recession and State Bank collapsing
  • 1999, 2002, 2006 - Labor
  • 2010 - Liberal, by thinnest possible margin
  • 2014, 2018 - Labor

So that's 8 of the last 11 elections controlled/won by Labor. The Victorian Liberal Party had a blip with Baillieu getting up - which was a surprise result, and he wasn't Premier for the full election cycle.

The Liberal Party is essentially dying because its membership base is really old, its parliamentarians are mostly careerist hacks, and there's no sign that change or reform is desirable. There is no fresh blood. The fact that Brighton was almost won by a 19 year old Labor candidate says exactly where the Libs are in Victoria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0