Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaph

How long will Barnaby remain?

10 posts in this topic

Hired. Fired. Rehired. Resigned - potentially all in the space of a few months. 

Breaking news...

Tamworth fast food franchise Red Rooster has removed the 'S' on their store front sign to show solidarity with Barnaby Joyce.

:D

I've always thought this guy is shifty.

I couldn't care how many women (or men) this guy bangs. But the hypocrisy he espoused during the same sex marriage debate while his secretary was carrying his bun is unbelievable. I suspect the gay mafia will come down on him like a tonne of bricks.  

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has announced Barnaby Joyce will take leave next week, so will not take up the role of acting prime minister.

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann will instead be acting PM when Mr Turnbull leaves the country

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-15/barnaby-joyce-will-take-leave-next-week-mathias-cormann-act-pm/9450796

Is this sick leave?

It comes as Mr Joyce faces questions over his living situation and expenses during his relationship with Miss Campion amid concerns taxpayer funds may have been misused.

On Wednesday, Labor demanded to see details of taxpayer-funded flights taken by Mr Joyce and Miss Campion. His use of a rent-free apartment in Armidale, where he lived with his former staffer following the end of his marriage, was also raised in parliament.

Mr Joyce has declared the house on his interests register, but said it was given to him as a gift from a personal friend when he was not an MP.

“It’s on the record and it’s there for you to see,” Mr Joyce said on Wednesday.

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/fresh-questions-over-salary-travel-for-barnaby-joyce/news-story/2b37f2085122babe1b19195b4f7642d4

Obviously some 'administrative errors' are going to be coming out soon. Pay it back, no worries. 

Barnaby has only ever been for Barnaby – in life and in politics.

He has allowed his Nationals team basically to run amok over the past couple of years, ignoring government policy and responsibilities to cabinet solidarity, and to government unity, speaking freely on many issues, and on many occasions, notionally “in the interests of the bush”.

Barnaby simply cannot remain as Deputy Prime Minister, irrespective of the Coalition agreement. He doesn’t deserve it on either merit or performance. If this requires the renegotiation of that Coalition agreement, so be it.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politics/federal/joyce-doesn-t-deserve-to-be-deputy-pm-20180217-p4z0p8.html

Note the author is John Hewson.

I think the Libs are trying to lessen the power of Nats in this whole thing. Rightly so too. The nats have less than ten % of the vote and members of parliament. Yet they automatically get the DPM gig and nearly half their members are ministers. 

he did not believe he was in breach of the ministerial code of conduct prohibiting the employment of spouses or relatives because Ms Campion was not his partner when she worked for Senator Canavan.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/mathias-cormann-looking-forward-to-answering-for-barnaby-joyce-at-senate-estimates/news-story/2a8d25f81c0db2a577eb2a5433d958b0

She was not my partner at the time. She was just a staff member I was banging. It wasn't until 12.01 that she became my partner.

Where's my pension?

12 hours ago, zaph said:

She was not my partner at the time. She was just a staff member I was banging. It wasn't until 12.01 that she became my partner.

Where's my pension?

+1. John Clarke's witty humour would have taken the absolute p!ss out of this on the Clarke&Dawe segment in Thursday's 7:30 Report