Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cobran20

Deadline looming for chance to buy a home in Sardinia for less than $2

5 posts in this topic

Finally, an affordable mortgage!

link

An idyllic Italian town may be saved from extinction by a bold plan from the town mayor to sell off houses for €1 ($1.57). ...

...New owners would have to commit to renovating the homes within three years and spend a minimum of about $32,000. ...

I remember reading about scheme by a Swiss Canton to do the same thing (though not that low).

There's a reason why such towns have dwindling populations. It would really require someone to buy up the whole town and make significant investments to make it worthwhile. IN other words, it probably ain't worth it.

I have a Croatian friend who says the same about islands off the mainland. Sure, it sounds great, but no infrastructure and no work (unless telecommuting), and limited transport. Unless there's a vibrant local economy there's a limited future.

4 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

I remember reading about scheme by a Swiss Canton to do the same thing (though not that low).

There's a reason why such towns have dwindling populations. It would really require someone to buy up the whole town and make significant investments to make it worthwhile. IN other words, it probably ain't worth it.

I have a Croatian friend who says the same about islands off the mainland. Sure, it sounds great, but no infrastructure and no work (unless telecommuting), and limited transport. Unless there's a vibrant local economy there's a limited future.

Sell your property in Australia and retire there ... Mmm...

Many southern europeans who migrated to Australia after WW2, retired back in their home country, living off the Australian pension.

Could think of much worse options!

12 hours ago, cobran20 said:

Sell your property in Australia and retire there ... Mmm...

Many southern europeans who migrated to Australia after WW2, retired back in their home country, living off the Australian pension.

Could think of much worse options!

... until you need medical services or support from extended family. But other than that it may work for retirees.

10 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

... until you need medical services or support from extended family. But other than that it may work for retirees.

buy_nembutal_exit_international.jpg