Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaph

Colombian Airport security

7 posts in this topic

I love watching the airport security shows. They're mostly about fruit, veggies and meats coming to Australia, with the occasional drug bust. 

Airport security Columbia is all about busting people leaving Columbia with drugs. WTF? What country cares what people take from their country? I suspect the Colombians have a deal with the USAians. f*ck Americans. 

#God bless America 

14 hours ago, zaph said:

I love watching the airport security shows. They're mostly about fruit, veggies and meats coming to Australia, with the occasional drug bust. 

Airport security Columbia is all about busting people leaving Columbia with drugs. WTF? What country cares what people take from their country? I suspect the Colombians have a deal with the USAians. f*ck Americans. 

#God bless America 

You might find that most airports are concerned about what you have in your luggage or within your body at time of departure.

This includes explosives, smuggling of wildlife, drugs, etc. They may not advertise it, but I'm fairly certain checks are done covertly using technology and sniffer dogs.

Edited by cobran20

14 minutes ago, cobran20 said:

You might find that most airports are concerned about what you have in your luggage or within your body at time of departure.

This includes explosives, smuggling of wildlife, drugs, etc. They may not advertise it, but I'm fairly certain checks are done covertly using technology and sniffer dogs.

None of the other border security shows I watch have anything on outbound travellers - Australian, Irish, American, Canadian shows.

I haven't experienced the same level of scrutiny when leaving a country as when entering one. I used to travel internationally a lot, but that was a long time ago so perhaps things have changed. Maybe Tor could comment as I believe he travels a lot. 

It may seem covert but when you travel a lot you see a pattern. Random checks are not always random. I would be stopped, lightly questioned and had a dog run over me everytime I returned from PNG. It's a source country for pot into Australia and I did the trip frequently so I was of interest. My story made sense and the dog didn't detect so I was let go. The only time I had further scrutiny and taken to a room was when I was sick once. Must have been sweating and looking nervous and probably not that cooperative. 

10 minutes ago, zaph said:

None of the other border security shows I watch have anything on outbound travellers - Australian, Irish, American, Canadian shows.

I haven't experienced the same level of scrutiny when leaving a country as when entering one. I used to travel internationally a lot, but that was a long time ago so perhaps things have changed. Maybe Tor could comment as I believe he travels a lot. 

It may seem covert but when you travel a lot you see a pattern. Random checks are not always random. I would be stopped, lightly questioned and had a dog run over me everytime I returned from PNG. It's a source country for pot into Australia and I did the trip frequently so I was of interest. My story made sense and the dog didn't detect so I was let go. The only time I had further scrutiny and taken to a room was when I was sick once. Must have been sweating and looking nervous and probably not that cooperative. 

I've 'randomly' been selected to have my luggage tested for explosives at time of departure a number of consecutive times. Considering I don't fly all that often, I began to feel persecuted!

Hasn't happened last couple of times I've flown. 

7 hours ago, zaph said:

None of the other border security shows I watch have anything on outbound travellers.

Maybe Tor could comment as I believe he travels a lot. 

Departing for the states you get grilled fiercely in the departing country in a lot of places now but generally speaking when leaving not much gets done. Quick scans and occasionally bomb swabs although easy enough to avoid them or force them just with timing in conjunction with other passengers.

Most places I have entered recently I only really get a good going over if I fly economy class even then usually that is only for the UK, apparently my travel background makes me look dodgy to the Brits. I got pulled over by the flu camera recently but I figure that was just coz I am so damn hot :)

I think I've said this before, but I was profiled the last time I went to the UK. Had to wait almost half an hour while the police did a background check. The reason for being delayed was because I "travel a lot".

The USA officials sometimes grill me on how much cash I have when I'm leaving. Actually, last time was quite pleasant, maybe because I entered/exited via Dallas. The Texans may be a bit more friendly than other places.

Almost always get my bags swabbed for explosives. Seems to be just a routine thing nowadays. My sister's bag got triggered when exiting the U.S. and she missed her return flight. Apparently the sodium or something like that in her peanuts was the cause for alarm. So don't travel with peanuts!

On 12/5/2017 at 11:54 AM, zaph said:

We (Australia) have become vastly more interested in outgoing travellers since that guy used his brothers passport to go fight for ISIS. We are in the process of honing biometric scanning to ensure that that situation doesn't happen again. That is why outgoing passengers now pass through "smart gates". A lot of cash also gets smuggled so persons of interest can expect a lot more scrutiny on the way out.