Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 posts in this topic

This piece by Matt Barrie has been featured in several forums.

This is referenced from Zero Hedge.

Thought it was worth a new topic. So much to talk about. Which card will fall first? Which card will be played by the politicians in one last ditch effort to keep the dream afloat? Which card do the banks require to be maintained in order to stay solvent?

So many cards. So little time.

****Warning - Very Long......****

Edited by Solomon

Yeah I read that. It was so long I was fatigued to post it here. :)

I stopped waiting for Godot and got on with life. It's been almost a decade waiting for things to roll over. I think the closure of the auto industry will be the tipping point, plus instability in China. Interesting to see both governments in China and Saudi Arabia go on anti-corruption purges. Not sure it's completely altruistic.

Until China rolls over I think Australia will keep limping along. The best bet Oz has is to be the money laundering safe haven it has promoted itself to be, but go full retard.

I get the feeling it's more likely to be an external trigger than an internal one. Australia is usually five years behind the rest of the world.

Keep in mind while Australia has a dirty shirt it may not be the dirtiest... so collapse is all relative. If there's a drop in both property prices and forex rates watch for foreigners to buy up everything. It's always a good time to buy!

Governments can keep pumping stimulus so as long as they can keep rolling over/selling bonds. And I think respective central banks may be buyers similar to those in the EU.

So don't watch a pot to boil. It's cracked and going to blow, so make the best of a bad situation and have an exit plan. The tough thing is if China goes down the whole world goes down, so we're all in the sh*tter.

What politicians do is almost irrelevant. I'd like to see them go full retard (said that again) by having a FHOG of like $100k and $200k in regional areas. People haven't woken up to the fact that Australia is trending towards an economy like Argentina. It's totally depressing, I'd rather not think about it else turn into a nihilistic wreck.

If none of that was coherent it's because I'm quite tired.

So yeah, it will break but live it up before Hades comes to your neighbourhood.

Scomos pushing for super to be available for FHB. When the future is being raided you know they are getting desperate. They will stop at nothing. I'm with medved. Enjoy your life and hedge against what you can. I haven't read the article yet but will do so in a soberer moment.

"If I need super then, man, I really f*cked up. And let me tell you I have f*cked up before so I know what _really_ means"

Favourite quote by my favourite person.

1 person likes this

On 19/11/2017 at 7:42 PM, staringclown said:

Scomos pushing for super to be available for FHB. 

No.

The govt is trying to get first home saver accounts (Rudd) v2.0 through parliament. A nothing policy. They're doing it so they can say they did something when they did nothing.