Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaph

Is there a QLD council that isn't under investigation?

8 posts in this topic

Former Ipswich mayor Paul Pisasale had free use of a Brisbane apartment block owned by the family of a developer who has made more than $1 million by reselling undeveloped former council sites in Ipswich.

Mr Pisasale was chairman of the council-owned company that sold the land to the developer, Chris Zenonos. Fairfax Media has been unable to find any record of Mr Pisasale disclosing any gifts from Mr Zenonos or any relationship with the developer. Ipswich City Council has declined to answer questions on the topic.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/key-to-brisbane-unit-was-ready-for-paul-pisasale-no-questions-asked-20170731-gxmcp0.html

Oh no no no, we don't have corruption in Australia. To say so would be blasphemy.

These councillors are just entrepreneurial.

2 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

Oh no no no, we don't have corruption in Australia. To say so would be blasphemy.

These councillors are just entrepreneurial.

Paul ' for sale' is as dodgy as they come. 'Oh, my back' - I have to resign.

I hope he got more than a couple of nights at a 'dirty' motel for his services to the property industry.  

The Crime and Corruption Commission has charged former Ipswich mayor Paul Pisasale with two counts of attempting to pervert justice.

Fairfax Media understands one of the charges relate to calls Mr Pisasale allegedly made this week to his former driver, Steve Potts, in which he offered to help him find a job in exchange for Mr Potts recanting allegations the former mayor had misused his official car.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/paul-pisasale-faces-fresh-charges-after-ccc-probe-20170803-gxoxq2.html

The court heard the 65-year-old remained in a mental health facility and was not in a fit state to be questioned by authorities.

Mr Pisasale had been scheduled to appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Tuesday morning but was represented by his lawyer instead.

Defence solicitor Glen Cranny told the court the former councillor's treating psychiatrists could not give an estimate of when he would be fit to leave a clinic in New Farm.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/paul-pisasale-not-in-a-fit-state-to-appear-in-court-20170808-gxrfry.html

6 hours ago, zaph said:

Truly amazing how the rich & powerful find the 'right' doctor to help get them off the hook - Bond, Skase, Palmer...

Despite my general cynicism towards politicians, I feel a bit sorry for Paul Pisasale. I met him back when he was deputy mayor in Ipswich and he was then working very hard to improve the city and promoted the town 24/7. He was then very popular in the electorate.

After he got elected mayor he held regular local business leaders meetings and tried to mobilise commitment to economic development. I was there as a representative of an aerospace company. 

But that was 15 years ago. Paul must have been seduced by land developers' money and 'favours' since then. Pity the temptations got the better of him. I think he had good intentions in the beginning. 

Or maybe I just have sympathy for the man because he gave me a city medal once :o