Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cobran20

How long will Trump last?

32 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, tor said:

Nukes are expensive. 10 or 20 gives you negotiating power. More than a few hundred will bankrupt the country through upkeep and sanctions (China and Russia don't like the idea of an armed to the teeth N Korea either).

I guess on the bright side if we do have armegeddon I might get to try out all the bayonet training I have been doing the past couple of years :)

You might find that steel melted in Hiroshima & Nagasaki, near the blast zone.

Your tinfoil hat is not going to save you either.

9 minutes ago, cobran20 said:

China has already stated that they will take a neutral stand if there is was. Both Russia and China approved the latest UN sanctions, meaning they're cutting lose their unruly child.

Kim cannot lose or be seen as weak as otherwise he is likely to be deposed. He does not care about his people. So he would have no problem starting a nuclear war if it means saving his neck.

China have said they will take a neutral stand if NK strike first. If the US strike first it's a different ballgame

Wha? A nuclear war won't save his neck. It'll guarantee it gets stretched. That's if he survives the war he starts.

1 hour ago, cobran20 said:

You might find that steel melted in Hiroshima & Nagasaki, near the blast zone.

Your tinfoil hat is not going to save you either.

_My_ tinfoil hat? not sure where you think I am into conspiracy theories. In my mind you are the one that supports the fringe and alternative ideas...

21 minutes ago, tor said:

_My_ tinfoil hat? not sure where you think I am into conspiracy theories. In my mind you are the one that supports the fringe and alternative ideas...

My views are not fringe, just not always PC. I don't mind being an independent thinker rather than a member of the gullible herd.

I also don't mind agreeing with the handing out of bitter medicine of that is the correct treatment.

25 minutes ago, cobran20 said:

If Kim launches those missiles on Guam, it will qualify as NK striking first.

Absolutely. If NK shoot first they are deader than disco. It will be akin to pearl harbour. Carnage will ensue so I doubt very much it will actually happen. If it does I'll concede the point on rationality. I'm on the cusp of fifty and will hope to avoid the call up. I'm not skilled with the bayonetz. :)

I don't believe any state would "win" if a war was to break out, only lose less. The concentration camps in North Korea are sickening. The regime should be held to account but unless the Chinese government pulls the strings then nothing really changes.

What is interesting is the border conflict between China and India. Not sure if it is the Chinese government wanting to flex their muscle or the Indian government being opportunistic while focus is on the Korean peninsula.

The potential loss of life is obvious, but a lot of people forget about the impact to industrial production. South Korea produces a large percentage of screen technology (LCD/LED, etc.), biggest ship builder in the world, etc. and Japan is an even bigger supplier of high-tech equipment.

Unless it's the Chinese government pushing for regime change then it ain't gonna be pretty (and even that is at risk of getting very ugly).