Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tor

Site flagged as malware

10 posts in this topic

Apparently Medved is getting the site flagged as malware by his work browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah - I couldn't do my lunch time reading. What a drag!

Luckily I'm the IT department at home so no worries here. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

Yeah - I couldn't do my lunch time reading. What a drag!

Luckily I'm the IT department at home so no worries here. :)

I've had that problem at work for quite a while now. Need to use the Tor browser to view this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not blocked at work today! I can enjoy reading over lunch for a change. Not sure if RumpledElf has done anything (I assume not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

Not blocked at work today! I can enjoy reading over lunch for a change. Not sure if RumpledElf has done anything (I assume not).

Just checked at my place of work. It is still a suspect phishing site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen this issue since the upgrade. Have you cleared your browser cache etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2017 at 5:31 PM, staringclown said:

I haven't seen this issue since the upgrade. Have you cleared your browser cache etc?

Forgot. I'll do it next week and try on different browsers as well. I still got the Tor browser if all else fails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cobran20 said:

Forgot. I'll do it next week and try on different browsers as well. I still got the Tor browser if all else fails.

Forgot that I had remote access to my work notebook. :wacko:

Anyway, I have just cleared all history, cookies, etc in FireFox and it still does not work. The issue must be that it has been blacklisted by the place where I work. The error message has the organisation's logo followed by:

Quote

Suspected phishing detected

We’ve blocked this page as it was designed to steal your private information or infect your computer with malicious software. Read on to find out how to recognise and avoid clicking on untrustworthy links in future.

I'd have to ring the helpdesk or the network staff and request to remove the domain name from the blacklist. So I'll stick to using Tor, which I'm using to make this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not blocked at work today. Last week I installed a free anti-virus software on my home notebook and flagged this site as malware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0