zaph

Exit Afghan

8 posts in this topic

I've been watching some docos on Netflix about the middle east. It's sad.

If you are with god you will win

If you are with god you will win

It's pointless trying to introduce western democracy and freedom of speech in a medieval society that is tribal and only understands leaders who carry big sticks. If only a fence could be built around for containment purposes!

Cobran is channelling Homer today then I guess...

Perhaps you would like to list the number of countries in the region that have a tradition of freedom of speech, regular democratic elections, free of tribal/sectarian violence? You can add Afghanistan as well. The Israelis certainly found fencing a major way of curtailing terrorist attacks.

Perhaps, based on the polls, Europe is full of Homers.

But then perhaps, you would like to live in a place where you get beaten with a stick every time you get caught drinking alcohol.

I remember reading about a Russian guy who grew up in Chechnya.

One thing he said it was typical for Russians to teach children to be cooperative when in dispute, whereas the Chechens would teach their children to fight - totally different culture. He got in some pretty savage fights with Chechens growing but he gained their respect by winning (bloody) fights.

That reminds me of Afghan warrior culture. It's totally different. I wouldn't build a fence, just keep a distance and leave them alone.

That reminds me of Afghan warrior culture. It's totally different. I wouldn't build a fence, just keep a distance and leave them alone.

That approach doesn't work when they land on your shores. The issue is right-in-your-face and you have no choice but to deal with it.

I remember reading about a Russian guy who grew up in Chechnya.

One thing he said it was typical for Russians to teach children to be cooperative when in dispute, whereas the Chechens would teach their children to fight - totally different culture. He got in some pretty savage fights with Chechens growing but he gained their respect by winning (bloody) fights.

Looks like russian policy has not changed:

'Refugees' Harass Women in Russian Nightclub, Are Promptly Beaten and Sent to Prison