Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaph

Clive Palmer

15 posts in this topic

I suspect Clive is seeking a new home. Majorca worked well for some. I'd go for South America. 

Like Skase, he seems to have the funds to pay for expensive legal bills.

5 hours ago, cobran20 said:

This reminds me so much of the way Chris Skase played the courts with his 'illness'

'Sick' Clive Palmer brings breathing apparatus to court

Palmer does look quite sick. I don't know why he's required to front up to court and explain where his nefew is. Do your own research your majesty!

Edited by zaph

8 hours ago, zaph said:

Palmer does look quite sick. I don't know why he's required to front up to court and explain where his nefew is. Do your own research your majesty!

He's been on a diet. He is also presumably suffering from Pancreatitis. But I'd have no doubt that he's hired a good lawyer & doctor to play with the courts like Skase did.

On 10/05/2017 at 7:19 PM, cobran20 said:

This reminds me so much of the way Chris Skase played the courts with his 'illness'

'Sick' Clive Palmer brings breathing apparatus to court

I've still got his promotional CD spruiking Glen Lazarus for the senate for his Palmer United party. It comes with a B side dedicated to the titanic. 

Brisbane Magistrates Court heard Mr Palmer faces charges of aiding, abetting or counselling the commission of an offence by another person.

The court heard the criminal charges were in relation to conduct by one of his companies, Palmer Leisure Coolum.

Mr Palmer's barrister Chris Wilson told magistrate Mark Howden that he would likely call for the charges to be thrown out when the case returned to court on June 13.

Mr Palmer will remain on bail in the meantime.

In a statement, ASIC said the charges related to the proposed takeover of timeshare villas at the Coolum resort in 2012.

ASIC said Palmer Leisure Coolum breached the Corporations Act by publicly proposing a takeover bid for the company operating the timeshare scheme, but failing to follow through with an offer within two months.

The charges carry a maximum penalty of two years' jail, an $11,000 fine for individuals, and a $55,000 fine for a corporation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-06/clive-palmer-charged-by-asic-over-resort-management/9625938

Last seen en route to Belize with two south east Queensland mayors and a suitcase full of gold. 

3 hours ago, zaph said:

Last seen en route to Belize with two south east Queensland mayors and a suitcase full of gold. 

and flying in his private jet!

On the other hand, that total fine of $66K probably represents a minute fraction of his wealth. So he has only temporarily gone to Belize on a relaxing holiday that he deserves so much!

Edited by cobran20

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-12/clive-palmer-seeks-1.8-billion-damages-qld-nickel-liquidator/9648674

Businessman Clive Palmer says he is seeking $1.8 billion in damages from the administrators and liquidators of his Townsville nickel refinery.

It is part of a counterclaim being made in the long-running court case over the future of Queensland Nickel (QNI).

QNI collapsed in 2016 with $300 million in debts, putting more than 800 people out of work.

Is it April One?

11 hours ago, zaph said:

Is it April One?

Either his silk advised him that he has a chance with the claim or he must be playing some kind of stalling game.

This is just ludicrous.

It is true. Mr Bumble from Oliver Twist got it right, "the law is an ass."