cobran20

US Homeownership at Lowest Level in over 50 Years

5 posts in this topic

If the rise was based on the same idea as Aus "you get rich buying a house" and the decline based on foreclosures you would expect a return to "normal". There is nothing "normal" in the graph. I would have expected it to be run back to post WWII at least to show a gradual (I assume) increase to the seventies. That would make the graph better visually.

If they didn't do that I assume either home ownership wasn't tracked back then or it made a bad visual.

If the rise was based on the same idea as Aus "you get rich buying a house" and the decline based on foreclosures you would expect a return to "normal".

They overshot to the upside and now it will be to the downside - the pendulum swings both ways.

Letter of Resignation from the Palo Alto Planning and Transportation Commission

...After many years of trying to make it work in Palo Alto, my husband and I cannot see a way to stay in Palo Alto and raise a family here. We rent our current home with another couple for $6200 a month; if we wanted to buy the same home and share it with children and not roommates, it would cost $2.7M and our monthly payment would be $12,177 a month in mortgage, taxes, and insurance. That’s $146,127 per year — an entire professional’s income before taxes. This is unaffordable even for an attorney and a software engineer....