cobran20

Debunking The Man-Made Global Warming Myth Consensus

954 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, staringclown said:

At least diamonds don't set off the metal detectors. And they're light weight. 

Problem with diamonds is that you better hope the cartel doesn't get broken up. There is no physical shortage of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, staringclown said:

It turns out he's not keen on any debate. His rules for posting comment are:

So to post a comment that comment must not conflict with the views posed in his echo chamber. Or else one would be banned presumably. Hard to lose an argument if you're not even prepared to have one.

Rule #1 is because people keep asking the same questions. I don't contribute, just monitor his predictions ... which are proving to be much more accurate than the IPCC's!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, staringclown said:

Yeah, one swallow does not a summer make. It was maybe a perfect storm (pardon the pun) in terms of heat. Non-standard thermometer readings make it impossible to know. It's still weather (a single event) rather than a trend in weather records being broken on the high side. (climate)

For example it's hot in Canberra at the mo. 37.6 @ 7:30pm with another three days forecast for 41 degrees. That's a heatwave but still weather. However, there is a stat - number of days per annum above 35 degrees which if shows a consistent increase over time,  would infer a change in climate. I'm still waiting for those sunspots to kick in though. Cos f*ck my left boot it's hot.

In other words, it is a cycle that reoccurs, rather than a modern phenomena. Who would have thought that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cobran20 said:

Any further updates from those melting Polish farmers? 

More snow forecast as parts of Europe battle worst snowfall in decades

I wonder if they think their spring crops will fail due to heat?

 

Back in Japan so I'm not sure for most areas we visit. Your link didn't mention much about Poland. I know where I spend most of my time is getting snow but also above zero most days which is still destroying the snow cover, fortunately way up there is not agriculture heavy. It'll be a month or two before they know if everything is okay I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tor said:

Back in Japan so I'm not sure for most areas we visit. Your link didn't mention much about Poland. I know where I spend most of my time is getting snow but also above zero most days which is still destroying the snow cover, fortunately way up there is not agriculture heavy. It'll be a month or two before they know if everything is okay I believe.

Open Google Maps and have a look at where Austria geographically resides relative to Poland. Considering the winter weather tends to blow from the north east (Siberia), you'll find the if Austria is freezing, then Poland is probably worse. Right now, I'd guess those farmers would be using snow shoes based on this video of their current weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cobran20 said:

and the flip side in Russia

That response is up there with "Worse things happen at sea". I don't live in Russia. I live in Canberra. Where BTW it is still 38 degrees @ 8:00pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cobran20 said:

In other words, it is a cycle that reoccurs, rather than a modern phenomena. Who would have thought that!

It's a cycle you say? Do you have a chart? What's the frequency? Every 120 years?

Looks more like a trend to me...

https://images.theconversation.com/files/174400/original/file-20170619-5835-6rwyjv.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, staringclown said:

That response is up there with "Worse things happen at sea". I don't live in Russia. I live in Canberra. Where BTW it is still 38 degrees @ 8:00pm.

Which is worse, living in Canberra or 38 degrees @ 8pm? :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, staringclown said:

It's a cycle you say? Do you have a chart? What's the frequency? Every 120 years?

Looks more like a trend to me...

https://images.theconversation.com/files/174400/original/file-20170619-5835-6rwyjv.png

Cycles withing cycles. Contact Armstrong and Inigo for the data. They have it and use it for making more accurate predictions than the IPCC.

Here is a posting from Inigo to compare going back longer than the data the BOM seems to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

Which is worse, living in Canberra or 38 degrees @ 8pm? :)

NZ is just perfect right now. But back to reality next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which is worse, living in Canberra or 38 degrees @ 8pm? :)

 

a bit of column A and bit of column B :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2019 at 9:41 AM, staringclown said:

Which is worse, living in Canberra or 38 degrees @ 8pm? :)

 

a bit of column A and bit of column B :)

I could handle spending summers in NZ. About 10-15 degrees cooler than western Sydney. :)

Having seen the north & south islands, I'll stick to the south island for future summer getaways. Way more spectacular if you enjoy the outdoors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SMH - 12 Jan 1939

Windsor (west Sydney) hit 122F (50C).  I stand to be corrected, but that would be higher than the highest temps reported over the last 20-30 years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2019 at 4:23 PM, cobran20 said:

Cycles withing cycles. Contact Armstrong and Inigo for the data. They have it and use it for making more accurate predictions than the IPCC.

Here is a posting from Inigo to compare going back longer than the data the BOM seems to use.

The data prior to the BOM cutoff was unregulated and subject to massive variation. Thermometers left in the sun record higher temps than temperatures that are not exposed to direct sunlight which is why the BOM don't use the data. Your man is using bad data and coming up with bad results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 2:09 PM, cobran20 said:

SMH - 12 Jan 1939

Windsor (west Sydney) hit 122F (50C).  I stand to be corrected, but that would be higher than the highest temps reported over the last 20-30 years.

 

 

So your article from the Lismore Northern Star states that scores of people feinted when the temperature in Sydney reached 92 degrees Fahrenheit in 1939. That's 33 degrees Celsius. Imagine how many feint when it reaches 40+.

We must be made of sterner stuff nowadays.

What was the duration of the 1939 heatwave? How do you know what the temperature was at Windsor?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2019 at 4:23 PM, cobran20 said:

Cycles withing cycles. Contact Armstrong and Inigo for the data. They have it and use it for making more accurate predictions than the IPCC.

Here is a posting from Inigo to compare going back longer than the data the BOM seems to use.

How can I contact Inigo when he refuses to engage with anyone that disagrees with his opinion? You're the one making the argument on his behalf. Surely the onus is on you to back up your statements with evidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, staringclown said:

The data prior to the BOM cutoff was unregulated and subject to massive variation. Thermometers left in the sun record higher temps than temperatures that are not exposed to direct sunlight which is why the BOM don't use the data. Your man is using bad data and coming up with bad results.

coming up with bad results did you say? Perhaps you should track his forecasting record relative to the BOM or IPCC. Then you'd know what bad results means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, staringclown said:

How can I contact Inigo when he refuses to engage with anyone that disagrees with his opinion? You're the one making the argument on his behalf. Surely the onus is on you to back up your statements with evidence?

I track his forecasting. If it is good and he says he uses cycles, who am I to argue. Ditto for Armstrong.

On the other hand, believing in 'scientific evidence' that has led to atrocious forecasting records...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now