cobran20

Debunking The Man-Made Global Warming Myth Consensus

769 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, tor said:

My google alert for "'record' or 'extreme' weather" has been very much focussed on 'Australia' and 'Hot' recently. If I had skin in the "Cobran is experiencing Cognitive Dissonance at a level giving wannabe french film directors erections that hurt" game I'd bother copy pasting them.

But I feel bad just pasting a ton of sh*t links and always feel obliged to make comments per link after actually reading them and I have stuff to do... mostly of course those things are drinking and letting off fireworks this past month :)

Ok Tor, let's discuss your latest bit of BS. Since you lived in Sydney, you would know that it was not unusual to get summer like temperatures from as early as September (as per a couple of years ago as an example). This year, the hot summer temperatures did not arrive until about the week of Xmas. I know, I live there and noted it for reference.

So tell me about that globull warming melting Sydney BS again ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2019 at 11:18 PM, tor said:

So Armstrong's prediction of a colder Europe is failing despite it being a safe bet as last year was so damn hot and instead he talks about the predictions he didn't make? Nice prophet.

As for people with skin in the game.

I am going through my usual annual trip to rural Poland at the moment, the farmers I am talking to have skin in the game. You may remember about 4 years ago I suggested Poland was an interesting place to invest for a bunch of reasons.

These guys remember 2006 (from memory). Once again Poland is freakishly warm, unlike last year though this year there is no snow cover on the fields from the furtherest North I have been, Upper Podlasie, down through Silesia. Going to be an interesting next few months.

I think a significant portion of international exportable agriculture product comes from "cold" countries. Poland has some 60% of the country given over to agriculture. In 2006 (or whenever it was) they had a warm winter. Crop yields were down some 20% (similar for most of the eastern euro countries affected but they produce negligible product comparatively).

Cold agriculture, I think, is more susceptible to temperature fluctuations than warm countries. A lot of that is to do with frost damage, if there is no snow during the winter period the crops die as the snow is an insulator. (I think this might be where Armstrong got his idea from and he garbled it up a bit either through lack of knowledge or deliberately to support his "any stance except warming"). Most of Poland has highs within say 5 degrees of zero during the day. So warmer by a few degrees is a real issue. How country agriculture doesn't have such a small range of tolerance as far as I am aware. I think I posted my thoughts on Japanese rice farming here a while back. Temperature variations of a few degrees are not of such great concern for yield there (again nightmarishly complex comparison though, politics being a big differentiating factor).

The study I linked to a few weeks back regarding yield of damaged arctic flora is causing some consternation when we translate the gist of it but a reasonable number of people have said that is pretty much what they have observed over the years anyway so it is not huge news.

Anyway there are a bunch of other factors involved (Russian tourists, historical issues with farm sizes etc) which make it all very complex and there are strategies a few people are playing with to combat this years warmth. However none of these guys have blogs or subscription sites where you can "follow them" sorry. They make their money farming.

I think I will stick with my guys over yours for now.

BTW, this lack of rain during the last European summer is totally consistent with periods of low sunspots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2019 at 11:40 PM, tor said:

My google alert for "'record' or 'extreme' weather" has been very much focussed on 'Australia' and 'Hot' recently. If I had skin in the "Cobran is experiencing Cognitive Dissonance at a level giving wannabe french film directors erections that hurt" game I'd bother copy pasting them.

But I feel bad just pasting a ton of sh*t links and always feel obliged to make comments per link after actually reading them and I have stuff to do... mostly of course those things are drinking and letting off fireworks this past month :)

Meh, I wouldn't worry. The heat here is self evident. Even Cobran must be feeling it.

Man I miss fireworks though. They banned them in the ACT since I moved here. It was the only place in Oz where they were still legal until nanny got to us. Getting bladdered and attempting to blow myself up was one of the few pleasures of living here. Scotland had them and I recall buying a biggest, fattest rocket for 20 pounds. All to celebrate the death of a catholic. There's something wrong with this country when we can't celebrate religious schisms. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 7:06 PM, cobran20 said:

BTW, this lack of rain during the last European summer is totally consistent with periods of low sunspots.

Where's our sunspots C? Shouldn't they have an equal effect globully? Or they more of a northern hemisphere, winter thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 6:56 PM, cobran20 said:

Ok Tor, let's discuss your latest bit of BS. Since you lived in Sydney, you would know that it was not unusual to get summer like temperatures from as early as September (as per a couple of years ago as an example). This year, the hot summer temperatures did not arrive until about the week of Xmas. I know, I live there and noted it for reference.

So tell me about that globull warming melting Sydney BS again ...

So tell me about the summer of 1972? You've lived in Sydney since when? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, staringclown said:

Where's our sunspots C? Shouldn't they have an equal effect globully? Or they more of a northern hemisphere, winter thing?

The rain Australia has mostly been near the coast. No much inland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, staringclown said:

So tell me about the summer of 1972? You've lived in Sydney since when? 

1970. It was basically just as hot in the 1970s and no A/C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, staringclown said:

Meh, I wouldn't worry. The heat here is self evident. Even Cobran must be feeling it.

Man I miss fireworks though. They banned them in the ACT since I moved here. It was the only place in Oz where they were still legal until nanny got to us. Getting bladdered and attempting to blow myself up was one of the few pleasures of living here. Scotland had them and I recall buying a biggest, fattest rocket for 20 pounds. All to celebrate the death of a catholic. There's something wrong with this country when we can't celebrate religious schisms. :)

I'm actually in NZ for 3 weeks. Much nicer temperatures. I'm surprised you're against the banning of fireworks. After all, it is the left that tends to like to control everything you do. I missed cracker night and the Thunders you were able to buy in the 1970's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cobran20 said:

1970. It was basically just as hot in the 1970s and no A/C

No, basically it wasn't...

2230123_1547083494693.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cobran20 said:

I'm actually in NZ for 3 weeks. Much nicer temperatures. I'm surprised you're against the banning of fireworks. After all, it is the left that tends to like to control everything you do. I missed cracker night and the Thunders you were able to buy in the 1970's.

Very nice. Glad you're keeping cool.

Leftists love a bit of bomb throwing:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, staringclown said:

No, basically it wasn't...

2230123_1547083494693.png

 

 

Saw that in the paper today. I'll quote Inigo who is proving to be far more accurate at predicting climate than the IPCC or BOM as per predictions they have published ... and he can express it more succinctly as well:

 

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, staringclown said:

Very nice. Glad you're keeping cool.

Leftists love a bit of bomb throwing:)

 

Look at what is happening around the world. We're getting a close approximation of the 1930's. The end may not be pretty. The expanding yellow vest movement is showing a push back against the corrupt government policies, including the globull warming policies such as hiking oil prices to force EVs. The leftards and their globalist policies may end up getting what happened to the marxists in the 1930's. A world I'd rather not see, but it looks unavoidable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobran20 said:

Look at what is happening around the world. We're getting a close approximation of the 1930's. The end may not be pretty. The expanding yellow vest movement is showing a push back against the corrupt government policies, including the globull warming policies such as hiking oil prices to force EVs. The leftards and their globalist policies may end up getting what happened to the marxists in the 1930's. A world I'd rather not see, but it looks unavoidable.

Leftards. That's funny. Well righties like fireworks too

Surely Armstrong has a view on this cycle. Wealth gets concentrated and laws so unfair that the great unwashed rise up. Russia, France etc. Revolution is inevitable as the rich can't actually help themselves. That's what regulation is for. Granted, it generally only delays the process. The rich can hire lawyers to bypass regulation or get the rules changed. However, if one is lucky, one can avoid "interesting times" altogether. Solely a matter of when one is born. Personally, I'm sowing diamonds into my jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cobran20 said:

Saw that in the paper today. I'll quote Inigo who is proving to be far more accurate at predicting climate than the IPCC or BOM as per predictions they have published ... and he can express it more succinctly as well:

 

Capture.JPG

I'm not sure I understand the logic. One alleged temperature change from hotter to colder and the entire system is corrupt? What's the tweeters handle? I feel the need to go humiliate her.

Edited by staringclown
sexism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, staringclown said:

I'm not sure I understand the logic. One alleged temperature change from hotter to colder and the entire system is corrupt? What's the tweeters handle? I feel the need to go humiliate her.

It is a he (David) and it was a general reference to how the BOM has removed other temps they don't like. But feel free to respond here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, staringclown said:

Personally, I'm sowing diamonds into my jacket.

Like gold, good luck getting through customs nowadays if you need to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, staringclown said:

It was the only place in Oz where they were still legal until nanny got to us. 

The revolt against the nanny state is setting new levels. Hit them were it hurts. I hope it spreads as I find the 110km limit ridiculous when in the NT it was not a problem to drive at 130km on the highways.

Gilets jaunes protesters 'destroy over half of speed cameras' in France

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 6:50 PM, cobran20 said:

Prediction made on 31/10/2018 (I noted it for testing his accuracy):

Actual results:

How cold is it in the USA now as DESERTS turn to SNOW

Whistler Blackcomb Had Its Snowiest December On Record and the Snow Just keeps coming!

Now let's compare that to those wonderfully accurate predictions from the IPCC, for which the world has been paying $squillions!

What a difference having skin in the game makes...

Here is another one:

Forecast posted on 28/12/2018

Actual

I'll see how around the 22/1/2018 holds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2019 at 4:59 AM, cobran20 said:

It is a he (David) and it was a general reference to how the BOM has removed other temps they don't like. But feel free to respond here.

It turns out he's not keen on any debate. His rules for posting comment are:

Quote

Things you need to do to stay on my Face Book:-

Donts:-

1.Make stupid/smart comments if you haven't read all the posts.
2.Don't swear or even abbreviated swear words as they won't show as they are filtered by FB.
3.Believe in Global Warming, its the wrong site for you.
4. Don't make up stuff/guess without your own research, you will make yourself look stupid in front of all the other people following my FB. 

Things you can do:-

1. Buy books I suggested
2.Read all the posts to get up to speed, I can't keep repeating myself.
3. Follow these sites:-

Weather information:-

www.joannenova.com.au
https://jennifermarohasy.com
www.metvuw.com (10 day weather forecast maps).

So to post a comment that comment must not conflict with the views posed in his echo chamber. Or else one would be banned presumably. Hard to lose an argument if you're not even prepared to have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2019 at 5:00 AM, cobran20 said:

Like gold, good luck getting through customs nowadays if you need to leave.

At least diamonds don't set off the metal detectors. And they're light weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2019 at 2:31 PM, cobran20 said:

The weather in 1896

Yeah, one swallow does not a summer make. It was maybe a perfect storm (pardon the pun) in terms of heat. Non-standard thermometer readings make it impossible to know. It's still weather (a single event) rather than a trend in weather records being broken on the high side. (climate)

For example it's hot in Canberra at the mo. 37.6 @ 7:30pm with another three days forecast for 41 degrees. That's a heatwave but still weather. However, there is a stat - number of days per annum above 35 degrees which if shows a consistent increase over time,  would infer a change in climate. I'm still waiting for those sunspots to kick in though. Cos f*ck my left boot it's hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now