cobran20

Debunking The Man-Made Global Warming Myth Consensus

769 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, cobran20 said:

Al went for the most extreme prediction like a good shrill to get the most attention and sure enough he got egg on his face. But the sheeple fell for the merchant of panic ... and still do.

Well no he didn't in this case. He is misquoted and the misquote thing didn't happen.

You have now claimed a popular strawman argument to support the fact you want to believe the lie.

When deciding who the mislead people are I suspect the ones that have the misquote and original source, look at them and say 'the misquote is what he said and therefore he is wrong' are going to be leading the pack.

By lying instead of admitting the two quotes are different you expose your cognitive dissonance so clearly it is obvious to anyone that you have been brainwashed.

If this is any example of your decline into submission I would like to offer any females in your life a "get out now" warning as you are now starting to use the misogynistic phrases of the alt right community as well as the normal "sheeple" crap. This is not a good sign for those that are around you.

5 hours ago, tor said:

Well no he didn't in this case. He is misquoted and the misquote thing didn't happen.

You have now claimed a popular strawman argument to support the fact you want to believe the lie.

When deciding who the mislead people are I suspect the ones that have the misquote and original source, look at them and say 'the misquote is what he said and therefore he is wrong' are going to be leading the pack.

By lying instead of admitting the two quotes are different you expose your cognitive dissonance so clearly it is obvious to anyone that you have been brainwashed.

If this is any example of your decline into submission I would like to offer any females in your life a "get out now" warning as you are now starting to use the misogynistic phrases of the alt right community as well as the normal "sheeple" crap. This is not a good sign for those that are around you.

I'm not sure if you bothered to watch the video or were in a sober position to understand what he said, but at 2:08 in the video he states:

...Some of the models suggest to Dr Maslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar cap during some of the summer months could be completely ice free within the next 5-7 years...

in case you have a condition disallowing you from being able to concentrate on watching a video for more than a couple of seconds, you can at least try to read it on Snopes:

On 14 December 2009, during a speech at the Copenhagen Climate Conference, Gore cited newer research from the same group:

These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.

That statement put Gore in hot water when Maslowski told The Times of London that his data did not allow for such a prediction:

“It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at,” Dr Maslowski said. “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.”

Mr Gore’s office later admitted that the 75 per cent figure was one used by Dr Maslowksi as a “ballpark figure” several years ago in a conversation with Mr Gore.

The claim that Gore “predicted” an ice-free Arctic in 2014 is a simplification of these events. However, Gore is definitely guilty, in these cases, of cherry picking science or playing loose with the details of that science....

If you're still struggling with the comprehension, seek medical help!

ahaha you're hilarious.

You said "Al warned them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”

Then you said that Al said "model predicts a 75% chance of ice totally disappearing during 'some of the summer months within 5 years"

Which means you are either stupid or lying.

_Now_ you say "The scientist never claimed that" in you defence of the first liar to discredit the second one.

Which means you have undermined your initial case if it was about climate change (they are liars), and undermined your perpetual claim about scientists and climate change (the scientist was incorrectly quoted).

Do you wonder if _all_ the newspaper articles you are hauling out are equally sh*t? I suspect they are. Both the pro and anti. They are f*cking journalists and media whores. Half of them work for Rupert Murdoch and the other half are government teat sucking lefties.

If your whole vendetta here is about about media people then that is fine go and have your way with them, I doubt any of us will disagree with you when you sh*tpost "Journalist f*cks up again - my google alert to the conspiracy" series.

If you have to substantiate hating media people as being more than that (like I dislike media people generally but I am okay with it, you might need it to be a crusade) then please stop tarring the scientists with the associative brush of the media people.

--- this is where my post turns from my usual sh*tposting to actually serious by my standards ----

And especially for the people in your life stop associating with people whose hatred for everything not white, male, straight, cis, sexually repressed, entitled is almost certainly turning your life into a cesspool of hatred. Anything good happens and you are constantly "this other thing is bad".

Please look at what the people you are hanging out with have to say on everything else in the world. Seriously, the key phrases you are using indicate you are hanging out with people your kids do not want you to turn into. Your wife doesn't either.

Check what your friends think about your wife's right to choose, your daughters right to have a social life, your sons right to date a girl. I mean f*cking chads & stacys right?

Dog whistling is easily reverse searchable and you are buying in at a bad level.

Or of course hit the gym, lawyer up, delete facebook and buy a gun. What could go wrong?

2 hours ago, tor said:

ahaha you're hilarious.

You said "Al warned them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”

Then you said that Al said "model predicts a 75% chance of ice totally disappearing during 'some of the summer months within 5 years"

Which means you are either stupid or lying.

_Now_ you say "The scientist never claimed that" in you defence of the first liar to discredit the second one.

Which means you have undermined your initial case if it was about climate change (they are liars), and undermined your perpetual claim about scientists and climate change (the scientist was incorrectly quoted).

Do you wonder if _all_ the newspaper articles you are hauling out are equally sh*t? I suspect they are. Both the pro and anti. They are f*cking journalists and media whores. Half of them work for Rupert Murdoch and the other half are government teat sucking lefties.

If your whole vendetta here is about about media people then that is fine go and have your way with them, I doubt any of us will disagree with you when you sh*tpost "Journalist f*cks up again - my google alert to the conspiracy" series.

If you have to substantiate hating media people as being more than that (like I dislike media people generally but I am okay with it, you might need it to be a crusade) then please stop tarring the scientists with the associative brush of the media people.

--- this is where my post turns from my usual sh*tposting to actually serious by my standards ----

And especially for the people in your life stop associating with people whose hatred for everything not white, male, straight, cis, sexually repressed, entitled is almost certainly turning your life into a cesspool of hatred. Anything good happens and you are constantly "this other thing is bad".

Please look at what the people you are hanging out with have to say on everything else in the world. Seriously, the key phrases you are using indicate you are hanging out with people your kids do not want you to turn into. Your wife doesn't either.

Check what your friends think about your wife's right to choose, your daughters right to have a social life, your sons right to date a girl. I mean f*cking chads & stacys right?

Dog whistling is easily reverse searchable and you are buying in at a bad level.

Or of course hit the gym, lawyer up, delete facebook and buy a gun. What could go wrong?

seek medical help

6 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

With so much flaming I think this thread is responsible for global warming. :)

Pass the marshmellows...

I was just trying to promote healthy debate on religious beliefs. :rolleyes:

You're running out of allies cobran... First the farmers, then business, now the NSW libs. One by one you're being isolated. Who exactly has the religious belief?

Federal government facing energy uproar as NSW distances itself from Canberra

Mr Taylor brushed off the commission's report, saying power prices were already coming down because of the government's pressure on large energy providers.

A source within the COAG meeting said ministers were angry at the federal government's moves.

"It got very ugly quickly," they said.

"It was a full-on revolt."

A meeting of the state energy ministers early next year is likely to deal with the issues raised by Mr Harwin.

A source close to the NSW government said the federal government was being held to ransom by climate sceptics who won’t move on emissions but believed its plan would have received support from enough state energy ministers to pass.

Mr Harwin aimed to ask the Energy Security Board – which is the overarching energy industry body – to develop national policy options for how the country can achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050.

12 hours ago, staringclown said:

Who exactly has the religious belief?

Wheeee martyrdom and then next Jesus! I can say "I knew him when he was just a nobody".

16 hours ago, staringclown said:

You're running out of allies cobran... First the farmers, then business, now the NSW libs. One by one you're being isolated. Who exactly has the religious belief?

Federal government facing energy uproar as NSW distances itself from Canberra

Terrific. Now remove all subsidies, carbon emission and any restrictions and just let the cheapest, reliable source of energy win on its own merit.  Let a free market decide. I'm all for it.

3 hours ago, tor said:

Wheeee martyrdom and then next Jesus! I can say "I knew him when he was just a nobody".

It's Thursday today, so remember to take the blue pill.

4 hours ago, cobran20 said:

Terrific. Now remove all subsidies, carbon emission and any restrictions and just let the cheapest, reliable source of energy win on its own merit.  Let a free market decide. I'm all for it.

Windmills and solar is cheapest. But you will want to burn a fossil. 

1 hour ago, zaph said:

Windmills and solar is cheapest. But you will want to burn a fossil. 

Did you miss the word 'reliable' in my response. I'd love to see the public reaction if the entire country turns into another Adelaide. If nothing else, it should ensure the outcome of the following elections!

On 20/12/2018 at 9:55 AM, tor said:

Not a disciple however? :)

On 20/12/2018 at 8:17 PM, cobran20 said:

Did you miss the word 'reliable' in my response. I'd love to see the public reaction if the entire country turns into another Adelaide. If nothing else, it should ensure the outcome of the following elections!

Reliability of renewable energy

3 hours ago, staringclown said:

Put it to the test in South Australia. Remove all external sources of electricity from other states and let them go 100% renewable.

Looking forward to the results. If it proves correct and cheaper than fossil fuel based sources without the need for subsidies and taxes on carbon, then I'm all for it.

On 12/22/2018 at 1:21 PM, cobran20 said:

Put it to the test in South Australia. Remove all external sources of electricity from other states and let them go 100% renewable.

Looking forward to the results. If it proves correct and cheaper than fossil fuel based sources without the need for subsidies and taxes on carbon, then I'm all for it.

You do realise that most of the energy subsidies in Australia are for the coal industry right? If they can't figure out how to compete in your "subsidies are communist or something else bad" world in some couple hundred years why does anyone else have to in 20 or 30 or 50?

Or is this just another of your attempts to copy the propaganda of the states by using made up lies which are insinuated rather than stated to try and muddy the argument that the people you support are way more f*cked up than you present them as? If you want to be a libertarian pawn so much why don't you move there? they won't let you in or something because you're not such a great catch?

I can't remember if Armstrong is predicting a colder winter than last year for the states or for europe. I am guessing europe as last year was insanely hot, from memory record breakingly hot - you may remember me wandering around in a t shirt in krakow. This year is worse, not even any snow surviving on street impact. Even Poles are taking off their coats when they go into the over heated shopping malls now. I suggest investing in companies making some kind of coat carrying basket or rack...

If he chose lazily europe he might have made a mistake as last years super cold US winter might be surpassed. Probably caused by sunspots and not by the disruption to the equatorial protective winds but, I mean who cares right?

Sunspots!!!! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6536269/Experts-say-disruptions-polar-vortex-cause-temperatures-plummet-US.html

(article does not mention sunspots or hemlines)

11 hours ago, tor said:

I can't remember if Armstrong is predicting a colder winter than last year for the states or for europe. I am guessing europe as last year was insanely hot, from memory record breakingly hot - you may remember me wandering around in a t shirt in krakow. This year is worse, not even any snow surviving on street impact. Even Poles are taking off their coats when they go into the over heated shopping malls now. I suggest investing in companies making some kind of coat carrying basket or rack...

If he chose lazily europe he might have made a mistake as last years super cold US winter might be surpassed. Probably caused by sunspots and not by the disruption to the equatorial protective winds but, I mean who cares right?

Sunspots!!!! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6536269/Experts-say-disruptions-polar-vortex-cause-temperatures-plummet-US.html

(article does not mention sunspots or hemlines)

The north american and UK winters are proving to be one of the worst.

I follow those with skin in the game. They get punished by getting it wrong rather than rewarded with extra grant monies.

Edited by cobran20

11 hours ago, tor said:

You do realise that most of the energy subsidies in Australia are for the coal industry right? If they can't figure out how to compete in your "subsidies are communist or something else bad" world in some couple hundred years why does anyone else have to in 20 or 30 or 50?

Or is this just another of your attempts to copy the propaganda of the states by using made up lies which are insinuated rather than stated to try and muddy the argument that the people you support are way more f*cked up than you present them as? If you want to be a libertarian pawn so much why don't you move there? they won't let you in or something because you're not such a great catch?

You do know that renewables are effectively getting much higher government help via the constraints placed on carbon based sources, such as the RET?

On 12/31/2018 at 7:09 PM, cobran20 said:

You do know that renewables are effectively getting much higher government help via the constraints placed on carbon based sources, such as the RET?

You agree that coal gets subsidies then? Weird chain of logic if so:

Renewables shouldn't get subsidies, they should fight coal in an even market

- coal gets most of the subsidies

Renewables shouldn't get any subsidies. Coal can keep theirs.

- oh okay then I guess. Why not just lead with that?

I hate renewables

- yeah we noticed.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:07 PM, cobran20 said:

The north american and UK winters are proving to be one of the worst.

I follow those with skin in the game. They get punished by getting it wrong rather than rewarded with extra grant monies.

So Armstrong's prediction of a colder Europe is failing despite it being a safe bet as last year was so damn hot and instead he talks about the predictions he didn't make? Nice prophet.

As for people with skin in the game.

I am going through my usual annual trip to rural Poland at the moment, the farmers I am talking to have skin in the game. You may remember about 4 years ago I suggested Poland was an interesting place to invest for a bunch of reasons.

These guys remember 2006 (from memory). Once again Poland is freakishly warm, unlike last year though this year there is no snow cover on the fields from the furtherest North I have been, Upper Podlasie, down through Silesia. Going to be an interesting next few months.

I think a significant portion of international exportable agriculture product comes from "cold" countries. Poland has some 60% of the country given over to agriculture. In 2006 (or whenever it was) they had a warm winter. Crop yields were down some 20% (similar for most of the eastern euro countries affected but they produce negligible product comparatively).

Cold agriculture, I think, is more susceptible to temperature fluctuations than warm countries. A lot of that is to do with frost damage, if there is no snow during the winter period the crops die as the snow is an insulator. (I think this might be where Armstrong got his idea from and he garbled it up a bit either through lack of knowledge or deliberately to support his "any stance except warming"). Most of Poland has highs within say 5 degrees of zero during the day. So warmer by a few degrees is a real issue. How country agriculture doesn't have such a small range of tolerance as far as I am aware. I think I posted my thoughts on Japanese rice farming here a while back. Temperature variations of a few degrees are not of such great concern for yield there (again nightmarishly complex comparison though, politics being a big differentiating factor).

The study I linked to a few weeks back regarding yield of damaged arctic flora is causing some consternation when we translate the gist of it but a reasonable number of people have said that is pretty much what they have observed over the years anyway so it is not huge news.

Anyway there are a bunch of other factors involved (Russian tourists, historical issues with farm sizes etc) which make it all very complex and there are strategies a few people are playing with to combat this years warmth. However none of these guys have blogs or subscription sites where you can "follow them" sorry. They make their money farming.

I think I will stick with my guys over yours for now.