cobran20

Debunking The Man-Made Global Warming Myth Consensus

673 posts in this topic

Okay Dokey. You realise "Just weather" is going to f*ck you personally quite badly if you are wrong based on what I know about you. You have children, You have a house in what is possibly going to become bush fire territory. If the people you think are wrong are correct you aren't interested in hedging your bets? More guts than me. (although to be honest you rent still I think though the house burning is someone else's problem and for all the wailing about their kiddies few grown ups seem to actually do sh*t for them in the context of saving the world for the kiddies - obviously they do the nurturing growing stuff as they see fit but few in my experience do anything about the "world for my kiddies" thing).

13 hours ago, tor said:

Okay Dokey. You realise "Just weather" is going to f*ck you personally quite badly if you are wrong based on what I know about you. You have children, You have a house in what is possibly going to become bush fire territory. If the people you think are wrong are correct you aren't interested in hedging your bets? More guts than me. (although to be honest you rent still I think though the house burning is someone else's problem and for all the wailing about their kiddies few grown ups seem to actually do sh*t for them in the context of saving the world for the kiddies - obviously they do the nurturing growing stuff as they see fit but few in my experience do anything about the "world for my kiddies" thing).

It's a game of probabilities and I'm betting on those with a track record for being correct (often at least), rather than those with 30 years of predictions that have not materialised.

5 hours ago, cobran20 said:

It's a game of probabilities and I'm betting on those with a track record for being correct (often at least), rather than those with 30 years of predictions that have not materialised.

So no hedging at all then? Sounds like ideology rather than analytical to me.

17 minutes ago, tor said:

So no hedging at all then? Sounds like ideology rather than analytical to me.

Based on facts presented before me more like it. In any case what real hedging would you have?

12 hours ago, cobran20 said:

What would shock the gullible sheeple the most ...

link

history repeating

I think everyone's been quite polite here. But you are a phuckwit. Not a scientist, not a clue. Not even an almost scientist. 

Anyway, there was some hail in my backyard today - proof of warming.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:16 PM, cobran20 said:

Based on facts presented before me more like it. In any case what real hedging would you have?

Well I mean the obvious

If the world goes completely to hell and I survive:

1. Assets of various kinds in any continent so I can bail if the one I am in goes to hell.
  2. Contacts in those countries.
  3. Caches of tools around the place.
  4. Skills to use those tools.
  5. Various weapons / fighting skills
  6. Multiple "get by" language skills
  7. (no medical knowledge - that is probably happening in 2 yrs)

If things stay the same:

1. Clients in different countries / denominations
  2. Tax sensible planning for company / assets
  3. 2 companies with wildly different profiles
  4. Enough contradictory online presence to ensure I don't get targeted easily
  5. All the things above which still help in this scenario
  6. (too much asset allocation to Aus RE at the moment, that gets fixed in 6 months hopefully)

If things get better:

1. All of the above plus a bit of software which I might be able to sell this time round

I have things I believe will happen but I am never dumb enough to assume I will always be correct and put everything in that basket. And of course all the above is stuff I would probably do in any given situation anyway I just skew things a little to match what I suspect might happen.

Zaph is correct though, you are just a little ball of fear and paranoia with a lack of "reality to beliefs" checks going on. That's why you are so easy to manipulate. You don't even know when you are being manipulated even when you get told point blank that you are being manipulated.

Oh and I have only skimmed the article but this is the kind of study which I think would fall into "climate not weather". Not sure if others agree:

https://phys.org/news/2018-10-degrees-decimated-puerto-rico-insect.html

To me climate change is measured in long term second effects as they tend to be more stable as far as I can tell (but that could be my engineering background bias so I don't really trust that instinct).

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, zaph said:

I think everyone's been quite polite here. But you are a phuckwit. Not a scientist, not a clue. Not even an almost scientist. 

Anyway, there was some hail in my backyard today - proof of warming.

FYI, not a sheeple either. Have you noticed that the rain has mostly been coastal, without having much impact on the inland drought?

For the record, can you confirm that you are totally discounting that we may be heading into a food famine if global cooling materialises?

Just wanting to ascertain who the real phuckwits will be when the next prediction from the experts fails to materialise in a few years time ... like all previous ones.

10 hours ago, tor said:

Well I mean the obvious

If the world goes completely to hell and I survive:

1. Assets of various kinds in any continent so I can bail if the one I am in goes to hell.
  2. Contacts in those countries.
  3. Caches of tools around the place.
  4. Skills to use those tools.
  5. Various weapons / fighting skills
  6. Multiple "get by" language skills
  7. (no medical knowledge - that is probably happening in 2 yrs)

If things stay the same:

1. Clients in different countries / denominations
  2. Tax sensible planning for company / assets
  3. 2 companies with wildly different profiles
  4. Enough contradictory online presence to ensure I don't get targeted easily
  5. All the things above which still help in this scenario
  6. (too much asset allocation to Aus RE at the moment, that gets fixed in 6 months hopefully)

If things get better:

1. All of the above plus a bit of software which I might be able to sell this time round

I have things I believe will happen but I am never dumb enough to assume I will always be correct and put everything in that basket. And of course all the above is stuff I would probably do in any given situation anyway I just skew things a little to match what I suspect might happen.

Zaph is correct though, you are just a little ball of fear and paranoia with a lack of "reality to beliefs" checks going on. That's why you are so easy to manipulate. You don't even know when you are being manipulated even when you get told point blank that you are being manipulated.

extreme paranoia doesn't rule my life, tin hats are not my scene.I'm comfortable with the life plan I've taken until I begin to see evidence to the contrary,

On 9/12/2018 at 8:02 PM, cobran20 said:

... This downturn in global cooling will spark a rise in food prices on the horizon. ...

Your specific predictions will be matched against this one from Armstrong, which I expect we will know the answer within 5 years:

... This downturn in global cooling will spark a rise in food prices on the horizon. ...

surrounded by farmland....

Dubbo's coldest morning on Sunday, but only since 1940

If this continues over the next couple of years, we'll certainly which forecaster is correct (again) and which are a bunch of phuckwits.

There will be no middle ground...

11 minutes ago, Mr Medved said:

I guess their water supplies did not dry up.

If you run a business based on their predictions, you'd be bankrupt multiple time over, unless you were like Gore who flogged to the sheeple what he was recommending and made $$$$ out of it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45898333

Only a thousand years of documented weather. Hey this one isn't "in my days things were X" memories. Probably just weather though. Don't worry.

My lord is that really two long term data series showing change in a few days? Yes I think it is.

Probably I am getting less links/prod on my Cobran manipulation. I need him to post more but how do I make that happen?

13 hours ago, tor said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45898333

Only a thousand years of documented weather. Hey this one isn't "in my days things were X" memories. Probably just weather though. Don't worry.

My lord is that really two long term data series showing change in a few days? Yes I think it is.

Probably I am getting less links/prod on my Cobran manipulation. I need him to post more but how do I make that happen?

So freezing weather in Texas and cherry blossoms in Japan. Is that consistent with the global warming predictions made?

On 10/16/2018 at 10:13 PM, tor said:

Oh and I have only skimmed the article but this is the kind of study which I think would fall into "climate not weather". Not sure if others agree:

https://phys.org/news/2018-10-degrees-decimated-puerto-rico-insect.html

To me climate change is measured in long term second effects as they tend to be more stable as far as I can tell (but that could be my engineering background bias so I don't really trust that instinct).

I agree 100%. Spot on.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, cobran20 said:

Oh yeah, Tim Ball. Is he the same guy that claimed and stills claims that he has a PhD in climatology despite his admitting in  defamation suit that his PhD is in Geography? Is he also the guy that claimed then retracted that he was a professor for 28 years only to admit it was only 8? Pretty sure that guy has been comprehensively discredited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Ball