AndersB

Geopolitics

57 posts in this topic

The abhorrent terrorist attack in Paris will profoundly change geopolitics. The incident shows that Muslim immigration to Europe weakens the ability of the global elite to mobilise European countries in advancing the elite's agenda. Europe will therefore close its borders and stem the flow of asylum seekers.

At the risk of looking like a card-carrying member of the tin-foil hat brigade, I am of the belief that money buys power. Big money buys big power and those with big power want more power and money.

Following this assumption results in the conclusion that there are groups of power elites around the world that want control. This does not mean that they succeed in world domination but they want to achieve it. As I see it there are several global power groups; USA, Europe, Israel (with their influence in the USA), Russia, and China.

The New Great Game is an example of this power play where western power interests want supremacy over Central Asia and the Middle East. Wikileaks reported that in 2008 Prince Andrew had told the Ambassador to the Kyrgyz Republic:

"...the United Kingdom, Western Europe (and by extension you Americans too") were now back in the thick of playing the Great Game.  More animated than ever, he stated cockily: "And this time we aim to win!

The terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo happened just 10 months ago that killed 12 people and injured 11. That was by then one of the worst terrorist attacks in recent European history. Now there are over 120 dead from yesterday's acts of terrorism.

Why France? An article in the Economist gives us a clue:

20150110_gdc999_3.png

As can be seen from the infographic, France has the largest ratio of muslims among the Western European national populations; probably even more than the 8% shown above. The l'Express estimated that there are 7-10 million migrants from Middle Eastern and North African countries. Not counting converts to Islam, that would mean that up to 15% of the French population are muslims.

It is therefore not surprising that the biggest pushback against western interference in the Middle East is seen in France. Mainstream media (MSM) is the mouthpiece of the moneyd power elite and has been the traditional tool for brainwashing people and controlling public opinion. This does not work when you have a large portion of people with roots from the very region in which you militarily intervene.

A recent example of the role of MSM in propaganda is the latest war in Iraq. Any figment of imaginary weapons of mass destruction was used as justification to invade Iraq and oust its stable government. This had nothing to do with oil, of course! Any such notions would be just crazy paranoia from conspiracy nutters. What it was reeeeally all about was Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL) as announced by the White House press briefing 2003:

MR. FLEISCHER: Good afternoon. Let me give you a report on the President's day. The President this morning has spoken with three foreign leaders. He began with Prime Minister Blair, where the two discussed the ongoing aspects of Operation Iraqi liberation.

Why are terrorist attacks a sign of pushback? Aren't the attacks just rare insane acts of a very few extremist madmen? I think the sign is related to the old saying that the pen is mightier than the sword. MSM is one giant pen controlled by big money. This is not news to us on this discussion forum where we have watched in astonishment the property brainwashing of people by the advertising money of the RE industry. So what can you do if you have no access to the pen, no platform for dialogue? There is only the sword left and the violence it brings.

The global elite will never give up control of their MSM pen. There will be no access to their media platforms for you and I. There will be no dialogue for mutual understanding - only continued one-sided propaganda. Therefore, if dialogue and diplomacy is out of the question, the only alternative is to minimise the number of dissenting voices. Hence, the European borders will shut.

Edited by AndersB

Another tinfoil theory would be just looking at my travel plans... I go to Poland and Russia invades next door, I come to Japan and the Yakuza go nuts and start what looks to be a promising internal war (it fizzled for a bit while we were away but now we are back the rhetoric is building again). While we were away in the US they decided to really double down on their cops vs civilians battle.

We decide to go to France and they decide to blow it up before I get there. All I can say is I would avoid NZ in August next year I guess...

Every action has a reaction. 2017 has been mentioned by Armstrong multiple times...

MARINE LE PEN TOPS ANOTHER FRENCH PRESIDENCY POLL

The Front National party in France are moving one step closer to seriously challenging for the country’s presidency. A new opinion poll reveals that their leader, nationalist firebrand Marine Le Pen, has topped yet another poll ahead of the elections in 2017....

The next Crusades is on its way...

At the risk of looking like a card-carrying member of the tin-foil hat brigade, I am of the belief that money buys power. Big money buys big power and those with big power want more power and money.

Following this assumption results in the conclusion that there are groups of power elites around the world that want control. This does not mean that they succeed in world domination but they want to achieve it. As I see it there are several global power groups; USA, Europe, Israel (with their influence in the USA), Russia, and China.

Big money big power is Saudi Arabia. The regime is one of the most despicable on the planet, but you don't hear 'peep' about their atrocities against human rights. It's a farce that they chair the UN Human Rights Council. The House of Saud has been financing terrorism for decades yet mysteriously receive little 'blowback'. When it falls it will be bloody and a bloody good day IMO.

France is stuffed because there are minority communities such as Muslims that have no economic future there. They are the permanent underclass (though obviously there are exceptions). Poverty and inequity breeds violence. I think Merkel is insane or delusional. Opening the doors as the German government has is inviting this type of violence in 5, 10, 15 years from now... or sooner. The refugees will become an underclass and it wouldn't suprise me if a minority lash out like in France. I don't like Australia's island concentration camps for refugees that the European response is either insane (I doubt) or intended with these types of consequences deemed acceptable.

The one thing guaranteed from MSM is you won't get the truth. Nobody in MSM is going to call Syria a proxy war as part of the new "great game" played by US/UK/Saudi/Qatar/Turkey/etc. on one side, Russia/Iran/China/Iraq/etc. on the other side and Israel playing both sides.

Anyway, that's my incoherent ramblings.

Edit: I used to read a LOT of 'conspiracy theories'. There's a lot of rubbish out there but some of it is pretty close to the mark so I don't consider tinfoil hats necessarily to be a bad thing. :)

Edited by Mr Medved

There has been waves of migrants to this country. Albeit most of the waves had no real reason to despise us. Even the Vietnamese were from the south and were allies in the main. The Islamic migrants to this country will suffer the same prejudices as other waves. Over time they will be accepted. The speed of which will depend upon the leadership shown by politicians.

All religions are anathema to me personally. But I have little will to prevent those that wish to believe whatever from practising. The only caveat I do have is that they don't attempt to impose any righteous bullsh*t on me. The extremists seem to want to do that. I'm anti-extremism in all its forms. Christian, Buddhist (yes there are some extremist buddhist motherf*ckers in Burma), Hindus (Beef anyone) Muslims and apple fanboys. Good and bad everywhere, Live and let live, you know the drill.

As far as the great game goes, I doubt it's going to be as much fun as the first time. Afghanistan for the Russians and subsequently Chechnya and Iraq/Afghanistan for the US has shown that Lawrence of Arabia is an anachronism. Plenty of countries are prepared to tool up the opposing forces. And then the tooled up bring the battle home. As for the Saudis they are among the worst perpetrators of beheadings and they get off scot free. Mind you the huge swords they use must be more humane...

We decide to go to France and they decide to blow it up before I get there. All I can say is I would avoid NZ in August next year I guess...

When are you in France? We're planning on March/April 2016. Be nice to meet up for a vin?  :wine:

Interesting points about Saudi Arabia. It would be interesting to analyze their agenda and influence a bit closer.

I'm anti-extremism in all its forms. Christian, Buddhist (yes there are some extremist buddhist motherf*ckers in Burma), Hindus (Beef anyone) Muslims and apple fanboys. Good and bad everywhere, Live and let live, you know the drill.

You have to make som exceptions. Otherwise you are a bit extreme in your anti-extremism view.  :)

Never fear Anders my lad, my quality of mercy is never strained. It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven... If i believed in heaven that is...

When are you in France? We're planning on March/April 2016. Be nice to meet up for a vin?  :wine:

Looks like we will be in Nice for a language course in 2017 now. Things came up here which have meant, if we get our visas, we need to stay here for a bit.

There has been waves of migrants to this country. Albeit most of the waves had no real reason to despise us. Even the Vietnamese were from the south and were allies in the main. The Islamic migrants to this country will suffer the same prejudices as other waves. Over time they will be accepted. The speed of which will depend upon the leadership shown by politicians.

All religions are anathema to me personally. But I have little will to prevent those that wish to believe whatever from practising. The only caveat I do have is that they don't attempt to impose any righteous bullsh*t on me. The extremists seem to want to do that. I'm anti-extremism in all its forms. Christian, Buddhist (yes there are some extremist buddhist motherf*ckers in Burma), Hindus (Beef anyone) Muslims and apple fanboys. Good and bad everywhere, Live and let live, you know the drill.

As far as the great game goes, I doubt it's going to be as much fun as the first time. Afghanistan for the Russians and subsequently Chechnya and Iraq/Afghanistan for the US has shown that Lawrence of Arabia is an anachronism. Plenty of countries are prepared to tool up the opposing forces. And then the tooled up bring the battle home. As for the Saudis they are among the worst perpetrators of beheadings and they get off scot free. Mind you the huge swords they use must be more humane...

Totally agree that all forms of religious extremism should be repudiated - they all function on the basis that "we're always correct and anybody else needs to follow". Australia has had waves of immigration over the years from different cultures and they all eventually integrated/assimilated with the Australian society and values. Muslims, however politically incorrect I may sound, are much more reluctant to integrate due to their religious & cultural beliefs. Evidence of this only requires to see what has happened in European countries, North America, etc. It is the same issues everywhere. This is a clash of civilisations. You cannot have one society who lives by 21st century standards and another a millennia behind living together.

Looks like ISIS will keep going until 2021...

They certainly won't destroy it by bombing it from the air!

Therefore, if dialogue and diplomacy is out of the question, the only alternative is to minimise the number of dissenting voices. Hence, the European borders will shut.

Unfolding as expected:

EU's Founding Treaty To Be "Reconsidered", Seeking End To Passport-Free Travel

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-20/eus-founding-treaty-be-reconsidered-seeking-end-passport-free-travel

Further thoughts on where we are heading, I think we will face a new global cultural agenda. For the power elite with mad world domination and control agendas it will also be much easier to brainwash and manipulate the masses if you have entrenched mono-cultures and institutionalised group-think.

The old divide-and-conquer multiculturalism didn't work for the power control freaks. We will therefore see a new wave of enforced Political Correctness with focus on nationalism and conformity to the state-sanctioned culture. It will be couched in terms of "unity" and "inclusion" of course. Screaming down opposing views and bullying mafia tactics to ruin people's reputation and livelihood will be the fate for those that do not obey the new cultural diktat.

How's that for bearishness? :)

Edited by AndersB

I probably should add that I am personally in favour of valuing national culture. The local population should value its culture and historical heritage. There should be a proud sense of a shared national identity. Immigrants should strive to either adopt the local culture or at least become bi-cultural.

When I migrated to Australia I tried very hard to become Australian. So much so that I had almost no contact with the Swedish communities in the country. That was probably taking the integration process a bit too far, but I really wanted to become a fair dinkum Aussie, mate! (probably failed miserably, though - e.g. I don't rubbish Kiwis enough and I don't play cricket).

The old concept of multiculturalism seemed to create segregation, or at the very least didn't seem to stop segregation from happening. I think society needs to review the paradigm of multiculturalism very carefully.

What I cynically object against is the thought-police and media elite (and useful idiots) just pushing big money propaganda.

Russia is extremely angry about the terrorist attack on the Russian airliner. Granted, more people died in that attack than in Paris recently.

Is Russia looking for an opportunity to punish Saudi Arabia for financially supporting ISIS? Such a move would probably also boost oil prices, which wouldn't hurt Russia's economy either.

http://www.kasparov.ru/material.php?id=564C7EF0D54B2

English commentary on the article:

http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/11/19/putin-appears-preparing-to-attack-saudi-arabia-and-qatar-next-illarionov-says/

Realistic or just conspiracy stuff?

Here is a "fanning the flames" article from a Russia-friendly on-line publication:

http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20151116/1030197229/saudi-arabia-qatar-russian-airbus.html

Edited by AndersB

Similar story in Pravda:

"Russia warns Turkey and Qatar"

www.pravdareport.com/russia/politics/19-11-2015/132648-russia_qatar-0/

Similar story in Pravda:

"Russia warns Turkey and Qatar"

www.pravdareport.com/russia/politics/19-11-2015/132648-russia_qatar-0/

A repeat of the Russo-Turkey wars? Only problem is that Turkey is now part of NATO and the Saudis are on very friendly terms with the US though a lot of terrorism emanates & is funded from Saudi Arabia.

I guess such act would quickly stop the bear market in oil!  :P

I'm not sure the Russian military/government would be so crude (pardon the pun) as to just to bomb oil fields or other similar targets. If they did want to target sites in Saudi Arabia then they could do so from their base in Syria.

What did raise my eyebrow is apparently Chinese troops are in Syria too (could possibly just be propaganda):

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-21/us-french-aircraft-carriers-rush-toward-syrian-coast-find-numerous-russian-warships-

A repeat of the Russo-Turkey wars? Only problem is that Turkey is now part of NATO and the Saudis are on very friendly terms with the US though a lot of terrorism emanates & is funded from Saudi Arabia.

I guess such act would quickly stop the bear market in oil!  :P

Oh dear...

BEIRUT: In a dangerous escalation in the Syrian conflict, a fighter jet – believed to be Russian – has crashed in Syria near the Turkish border, with Turkish media reporting it was downed by Turkish F16s after it violated Turkish air space...

... while CNN Turk says Russia's defence ministry confirmed its SU-24 jet had been downed and that the fate of the two pilots who parachuted out was unclear. Some local media reports indicated at least one pilot was "in the hands of locals"...

Hmmm... that escalated quickly. I hope cooler heads prevail so that outright war doesn't happen.

My guess is that Putin will only hit Turkey financially. But some key people will need to watch their back for the rest of their lives.

This is what happened to the Chechen leaders when they attacked Moscow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege

The following people were named by the Russian government as planners and financiers of the attack:

• Shamil Basayev – Chechen rebel leader who took ultimate responsibility for the attack. He died in Ingushetia in July 2006 in disputed circumstances.
  • Kamel Rabat Bouralha – British-Algerian suspected of organizing the attack, who was reportedly detained in Chechnya in September 2004.
  • Abu Omar al-Saif – Saudi national and accused financer,[155] killed in Dagestan in December 2005.
  • Abu Zaid Al-Kuwaiti – Kuwaiti and accused organizer, who died in Ingushetia in February 2005.