Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cobran20

NEWS: People renting tents in housing crisis

6 posts in this topic

This is seriously desperate.

link

PEOPLE are living in squatter-like conditions to save money on rent in the city.

Renters in Melbourne are offering tents on a balcony instead of a normal bedroom — and people are desperate enough to move in.

Those who want cheap rent in the city can find adverts on sites like Gumtree, promoting the low-cost housing solution.

One tent is being rented out at Southbank for $90 a week.

The seller, who already lives with two other people, had previously lived in the tent for six months.

It is described as comfortable and has electricity and a mattress.

The person who moves into the tent can share one of two toilets and can have access to the living room, kitchen and two new fridges....

I used to rent out a bungalow in a backyard with Mrs Medved for the princely sum of $300/month. Gets harder to do that with little ones running about.

How very sad.

I don't know.

Do the greater population realise that everything  in life is weighted around the cost of housing.

Our entire economy in Australia has only risen on the back of home costs.

They have risen only because banks wanted to make bigger and bigger and bigger profits and knew that the only way they make astronomical profits is by lending more and more money.

They have recently reported the largest profits in their history. $billions of dollars being ripped from battlers paying down their 30yr mortgages.

Don't have to do anything. Just sit back in your leather chair and let the money keep rolling in.

Yet that piece of news seemed get absorbed with a whimper.

No outrage.

No fuming hordes shouting slogans "Down with the banks!"

Nothing really!!!

Even the mining boom couldn't be blamed for the rising cost of houses right around the country, and especially in Sydney and Melbourne.

Wages, services, consumer costs all are dependent upon the cost of the most stable asset:- (housing and land).

Everything in our society is driven by that one denominator, and our politicians have blood on their hands because they have loved, and have revelled in the prosperity while it was going up. They've increased the standard of living of all Australians they were all sprouting.

Look how well we live.

I wonder will they be so keen to take the credit for the decline in the standard of living on the way down.

I doubt it.

There will be rats scampering for the gutters, when the house of cards collapses.

When these prices start falling (and they will, when enough people wake up), it will be revealed that it was all purchased through a whimsical fairy tale!! Debt.

A fairy tale, without a fairy tale ending that is.

grylls1.jpg

BEAR Grylls’ latest challenge is to live in London while earning £12.50 an hour.

The survival expert is filming a new Channel 4 series in which he attempts to survive equipped only with an average income and a ‘studio flat’ in Clapham.

Grylls said: “Once I’d paid my £1,300 rent and put some money on my Oyster card there was nothing left for food, so I set a snare for my neighbour’s cat and cooked it in the sink.

“Tomorrow I’ll set up some Polynesian bird traps on Clapham Common, so at least I’ll have some sparrows to put in my sandwiches.

“I need some new shoes too, so I’ll cut down a tree and hope no one notices I’m wearing crude wooden flip-flops.”

He added: “I can’t afford to do anything except stay in and worry about money, which is really depressing when you’re meant to be doing all the stuff in Time Out.”

Grylls also revealed that his SAS ‘escape and evasion’ skills had allowed him to outwit Tesco security staff while stealing toilet rolls.

grylls1.jpg

BEAR Grylls’ latest challenge is to live in London while earning £12.50 an hour.

The survival expert is filming a new Channel 4 series in which he attempts to survive equipped only with an average income and a ‘studio flat’ in Clapham.

Grylls said: “Once I’d paid my £1,300 rent and put some money on my Oyster card there was nothing left for food, so I set a snare for my neighbour’s cat and cooked it in the sink.

“Tomorrow I’ll set up some Polynesian bird traps on Clapham Common, so at least I’ll have some sparrows to put in my sandwiches.

“I need some new shoes too, so I’ll cut down a tree and hope no one notices I’m wearing crude wooden flip-flops.”

He added: “I can’t afford to do anything except stay in and worry about money, which is really depressing when you’re meant to be doing all the stuff in Time Out.”

Grylls also revealed that his SAS ‘escape and evasion’ skills had allowed him to outwit Tesco security staff while stealing toilet rolls.

I expect that the number of stray animals around Clapham will be drastically reduced!  :P

This man is insane. How can you make a career out of eating bugs and drinking your own piss?

There wouldn't be many takers for his dinner parties.