AndersB

US Elections 2016

58 posts in this topic

Alternately you could think she is bringing it up conveniently after a tape of the accused basically confessing to predatory sexual behaviour surfaces...

There are a few ways it could be interpreted and lots of options of which money is only one (I assume you think the democrats paid her to make the accusation).

I assume you think the democrats paid her to make the accusation

Absolutely. The coincidence is too much. With the election so close and Trump gaining, desperate people do desperate things.

Trump doesn't have to - he has wikileaks and Putin on his side!

This election will go down in the history of US politics based on the 'quality' of the candidates & their associates.

Her case hasn't been covered by the media much and had no impact on the polls. If I remember correctly it started being covered when 538 had trump down around 10% chance of winning. That all adds up to it not being done by an organised practical and ruthless group (which people seem to say the Democrats are) in my opinion.

It would be more sensible to approach it with the timing that the FBI guy used. That took hillary from 90% down to 70% according to 538.

Possible of course but seems a stretch to me when there are more logical explanations.

Her case hasn't been covered by the media much and had no impact on the polls. If I remember correctly it started being covered when 538 had trump down around 10% chance of winning. That all adds up to it not being done by an organised practical and ruthless group (which people seem to say the Democrats are) in my opinion.

It would be more sensible to approach it with the timing that the FBI guy used. That took hillary from 90% down to 70% according to 538.

Possible of course but seems a stretch to me when there are more logical explanations.

Coverage started at the latter stage of the election, when Trump started gaining. Every bit of mud & smear is being dug up to throw at the opposition (by both sides).

If my daughter was raped, I'd expect her to be going to the police to have criminal charges laid immediately, not civil charges 22 years later. What bothers me about all these women coming forward is why now and not immediately when some of the accusations occurred decades ago? Were they paid?

The civil rape case (why civil & not criminal?) was alleged to have been done against one of Epstein's call girls. This is the same Epstein that Bill Clinton was also involved with and Hillary has eternally defended him.

That Trump is a maggot is not something I totally disagree with him. But then it is probably an asset for US President based on past history, as seen here, here and here! My biggest problem with Trump is that he is attracting the support of serious maggots like the KKK.

So what is the other choice for POTUS? It is Hillary who:

• is unable to keep classified information secret,
  • is directly linked to a Foundation that received pay-to-play donations and from countries like Saudi Arabia. Now what is the human rights record from such countries on women young girls, homosexuals, religious groups (other than muslims)?!!

The US citizens have the choice between two unsavoury candidates. But only one is outwardly known to be corrupt and incapable of handling state secrets, which is a major drawback for POTUS. My money is on Clinton going to jail before Trump.

I wasn't aware that Trump was accused of rape until today. The alleged victim declined to go public allegedly due to death threats.

The reason for so many women coming forth (unpaid and unbidden) may simply have been Trumps denials. He is on record stating his behaviour. The women who were groped by the oompa-loompa and chose not to report it at the time as they fended him off. The denials irked them. Seems reasonable enough?

Pretty difficult decision to take on a man with the power and resources that Trump has. Especially as he has proven how litigious he is prepared to be and how much of a grudge he can hold. Brave rather than paid.

I wasn't aware that Trump was accused of rape until today. The alleged victim declined to go public allegedly due to death threats.

The reason for so many women coming forth (unpaid and unbidden) may simply have been Trumps denials. He is on record stating his behaviour. The women who were groped by the oompa-loompa and chose not to report it at the time as they fended him off. The denials irked them. Seems reasonable enough?

Pretty difficult decision to take on a man with the power and resources that Trump has. Especially as he has proven how litigious he is prepared to be and how much of a grudge he can hold. Brave rather than paid.

Both candidates probably deserve quality time behind bars. The one that wins will probably pardon him/herself. In Clinton's case, Obama can pardon Clinton as Ford did to Nixon.

Right now, the markets are predicting a Trump victory.

The case has been dropped. Either she didn't have a leg to stand on or monies were exchanged!

So now you think that both sides were paying her?

Free enterprise - sold to the highest bidder! The possibilities are that either side could have bought her off.

But I'm more inclined to believe that her lawyers told her that she didn't have a leg to stand on in court and then she may have be sued by Trump for defamation.

Currently I think it looks like trump is screwed which is a shame. I am pretty much in favour of him winning as being good for the world. I don't think he can precipitate WWIII in 4 years and I think he will screw it up so badly that populist politics will have a bad name for a while.

Currently I think it looks like trump is screwed which is a shame. I am pretty much in favour of him winning as being good for the world. I don't think he can precipitate WWIII in 4 years and I think he will screw it up so badly that populist politics will have a bad name for a while.

I agree that Clinton's corrupted politics can start war with Russia within one term!

This is better than the worm they use in Australia:

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president

Looks like you don't get a chance to find out probably. Florida is still hanging but Clinton just got nailed in a few key spots.

I personally think they have over promised on this one and it is going to bite them. The cool thing is hopefully it's a win either way; deliver on promises (build a wall, remove all the foreigners, return the manufacturing jobs) and we get an interesting experiment to watch. Fail miserably and hopefully populist / partisan elections will be a thing of the past.

I do feel sorry for the people in the states that are going to be impacted by the supreme court for the next few decades but they can always just move.

Now let's see what the markets think... I think the yen has been going up as trumps chances of winning did which sucks for me at the moment a bit.

Looks like you don't get a chance to find out probably. Florida is still hanging but Clinton just got nailed in a few key spots.

I personally think they have over promised on this one and it is going to bite them. The cool thing is hopefully it's a win either way; deliver on promises (build a wall, remove all the foreigners, return the manufacturing jobs) and we get an interesting experiment to watch. Fail miserably and hopefully populist / partisan elections will be a thing of the past.

I do feel sorry for the people in the states that are going to be impacted by the supreme court for the next few decades but they can always just move.

Now let's see what the markets think... I think the yen has been going up as trumps chances of winning did which sucks for me at the moment a bit.

The experiment is not restricted to the US. Just watch the European elections next year. Merkel's policies have sealed the outcome.

I totally forgot about this until my wife just mentioned it now.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president

Good result IMO. Interesting to see how the wealthier/more developed states went for Clinton while the poorer/less developed states went for Trump. Similar to the Brexit vote, the unwashed are unhappy!

He's a very effective influencer/manipulator/PR guy. His line about "forgotten men and women" is a riff on Menzies from almost a century ago. How things never change.

The Chinese spin on it: http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/donald-trump-is-elected-president-in-historic-upset/

Chinese state media described the election as the embodiment of America’s democracy in crisis in contrast to China’s stability under authoritarian rule.

The state-run Xinhua News Agency said the campaign highlighted that “the majority of Americans are rebelling against the US’s political class and financial elites.” :D

Waiting for Russian response! ;)

The most striking thing for me was the conciliatory  note of the victory speech. It's almost as if he was just using the extremist rhetoric to get elected or something... :-P

He now has half of the USA expecting him to arrest Hilary tomorrow and sack the robots that currently manufacture cars O/S to return jobs to Detroit again. iPhones manufactured in the US? They'd sell for 2K and not actually work. Let alone expelling 11 million illegal workers that do the jobs that Americans won't. Can you really invoke such division and then back out?

I suspect that like here and Abbott experiment the turn around time for presidents that don't deliver is ever decreasing...

I just posted this on my blog

http://upstreamview.com/

Triumphant Trump comes up trumps

Mainstream media (MSM) have serious credibility problems. They will have to explain tomorrow what they thought impossible yesterday still happened today.

MSM painted Trump and his supporters as racist women haters. If that is true, then the 53% of white women that voted for Trump must fall into that category.

It is now clear that MSM became the mouthpiece of the elite. Trump got more support from working and middle class voters than Clinton. It is ironic that the Republicans are now the party for the working class.

MSM must quickly look into their own future relevance and survival. They will now start to blame others for their failure to give a voice to main street voters and holding the feet of the powerful to the fire. It will not be surprising if Hillary Clinton herself will be thrown under the bus by news media. Pollsters will also be in their crosshairs.

Expect lots of skeletons appearing in closets soon.

Edited by AndersB

Trump victory shows America is still the land of opportunity

He has now shown that with a dream and hard work there is no limit to what can be achieved by a billionaire.

http://upstreamview.com

Edited by AndersB

My few comments on the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States.

I think this is what true desperation looks like.

I also think it is all economic.

As the economy of the whole world continues to deflate (with this I agree with Martin Armstrong) and the debt load increases, the American people are starting to become very frustrated and I imagine in many households they are now desperate just to survive. 

Take a look at this graph posted by ZeroHedge.

US-consumer-debt-total-ex-mortgages-2016

Millions have lost their homes and millions have lost their jobs, yet the politicians carry on their merry way seemingly oblivious to this pain.

When you live in ivory towers, how can you be truly conscious of what its like living in bark huts.

Well now they know; but I doubt whether this will actually change much.

Desperate people do desperate things!

The world (including Australia) has gorged itself on debt and while getting fat is easy, losing the weight is much harder!!

As the gap between the rich and poor widens, not only in America but around the world, this desperation will grow.

If Trump doesn't or can't provide what he promises, (which in my view, the political sector can't ever succeed in doing), there may be even more desperate issues for the leadership to deal with.

You can't solve desperation with rules......

Remember democracy depends on the compliance of the people to do the "right" thing.

Every government fears their mass constituency out of control. I have been to union rallies in the 1980's when workers were retrenched, and politicians were present, and they have been visibly intimidated.

It must be increasingly so in America with their such loose gun laws.

Desperation catches most people unawares, but when it becomes visible, you better take notice.

This is my take on the movement which I now believe is a world-wide phenomena. Coming to a country near you......

Just imagine what happens to the entire economy and apparent wealth of Australia if house prices were to fall even 10%.

Until the deleveraging is concluded it is only going to get worse. (And I don't even need Socrates to reveal such truth)

Edited by Solomon

I think this is what true desperation looks like.

I also think it is all economic.

Wait until the European elections to see what true desperation is like. Economically they are worse than the US and they have Merkel's stupid immigration policy as well. That is one big pressure cooker in the making that will result in serious fireworks!