Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaph

How long will Campbell Newman remain?

33 posts in this topic

There's a good chance that Newman will lose his seat at the next QLD election, due in 6 months or so. If so (and LNP win govt - which they almost certainly will) I predict there'll be bickering about who becomes leader and we may be back for an early election. 

I think people are tiring of the continual LNP line that govt under Labor was bad and therefore we are good.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/solar-tariff-scheme-bigger-bungle-than-health-payroll-newman-20141012-1152wu.html

Most thinking people would agree that the solar feed in policy under labor was a bit nutty. But then the sheeple like it, blaming labor for something that sheeple like and don't see as a problem does the LNP no favours. 

I know I shouldn't, but I do like a real life cops get the bad guys show - mostly from the USA.

The latest 'crack' 'RAP' cop team on the Gold Coast is the emphasis of the show - charged with clearing up motor cycle gangs in QLD.

Over the last three episodes they've managed to bust: someone for parking illegally, a small time dealer, a small time grower, a car pursuit, busted someone at a bus stop for having a few grams of pot, a bikey for having a small knife and such offences. A great use of 100 cops. 

How much did the QLD govt pay for the production of this useless propaganda? 

View at your discretion - http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/gold-coast-cops/season-1/episode-3

I'll skip it. Better watching bikers self-record their run-ins with police on youtube. VLAD laws suck (and are likely to be found 'colour of law' when eventually challenged in the High Court).

The race is on. The bookies have Newman as losing, but the party staying.

That would be the upset/swing of the century considering the majority they gained at the last election.

That would be the upset/swing of the century considering the majority they gained at the last election.

Bookies rarely get things wrong. 

Do you live in QLD Cobran?

We have optional preferential voting in QLD, which means most people just vote 1. That can lead to some wild swings. 

Tim Nickels(& dimes) has better odds of being the next premier, than Campbell.

Bookies rarely get things wrong. 

Do you live in QLD Cobran?

We have optional preferential voting in QLD, which means most people just vote 1. That can lead to some wild swings. 

Tim Nickels(& dimes) has better odds of being the next premier, than Campbell.

No, I live in NSW. The VIC govt recently got kicked out after only 1 term in office which is unusual given previous history of state elections. But Labor got so decimated at the last QLD election, that a win now would mean an equivalent swing after only 1 term for the incumbent. That would make state election change from staid to highly volatile.  :o

Edited by cobran20

No, I live in NSW. The VIC govt recently got kicked out after only 1 term in office which is unusual given previous history of state elections. But Labor got so decimated at the last QLD election, that a win now would mean an equivalent swing after only 1 term for the incumbent. That would make state election change from staid to highly volatile.  :o

I'm not expecting Labor to gain office, just that it is likely that Newman will lose his seat.  If that happens, watch the yokel and REA MPs fight it out for who can come up with the most ridiculous policy. 

I was driving with mum today and commented on the large number of election signs (the ones people put in their garden). I asked her who she was going to vote for, and to my amazement she said, probably labor for the first time in my life. Reasons - mostly her friend working for the govt was made redundant. Even with out the friend issue she doesn't like Newman. Thinks he's smarmy, and a 'little Hitler'. This is a huge thing from a woman who said 'you go to the school, take the brochure from the liberals and number the squares as they say' when I asked her about voting at 18.

If that happens, watch the yokel and REA MPs fight it out for who can come up with the most ridiculous policy. 

At one point 20% of MPs in QLD parliament had been a REA at some stage in their lives. It's a natural progression, from white lies to black lies. 

A word of wisdom from my mum...

me: What's this god/religion thing?

If you're good you go to heaven, if you're bad you go to hell. Not sure what happens to average people (We're not average people; now be good).

You need the church when someone is born, dies, or marry's. You have to attend church for a couple of weeks and promise to be good, if you have money you don't have attend church. Burial services are free if you can't afford it - everything else you have to pay for, but it's not that expensive. 

Cost of election 'promises' so far:

LNP - 1.82 b

ALP - 400m

Why is the LNP going on a spending spree when they claim QLD has a debt problem? 

State Opposition Leader Annastacia Palaszczuk has failed to name what level the GST is set at in a light-hearted FM radio quiz, prompting an incredulous response from hosts.

Amazing. I didn't think there was an adult in Australia with an IQ over 20 that didn't know what rate the GST is. 

1 person likes this

Amazing. I didn't think there was an adult in Australia with an IQ over 20 that didn't know what rate the GST is. 

She's blamed it on not having had her morning cup of coffee to start her brain! I just hope that if she becomes Premier, then she better appoint a treasurer with some level of economic literacy. Otherwise, QLD will be broke again.

She's blamed it on not having had her morning cup of coffee to start her brain! I just hope that if she becomes Premier, then she better appoint a treasurer with some level of economic literacy. Otherwise, QLD will be broke again.

I could have the worst hang over ever and still be able to answer that question. 

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/queensland-state-election-2015/queensland-election-2015-chris-davis-says-lnp-dangerous-for-democracy-20150129-131s6c.html

Fast forward to 2.27 in the vid in the article and discover that the GST is 11%

I spent this morning handing out how to vote cards for the independent for my seat. He's not some child slapping two bit candidate - he got 19% of the primary vote at the '12 election. 

(in case people missed my previous post QLD has optional preferential voting)

The school was decorated in all the glory of a political Christmas, with the usual variety of colourful bunting and signs. To my surprise there was bunting "remember to number every box" in electoral commission colour and font - that's not right I thought; on closer inspection it was authorised by A Chisholm. It was Labor bunting, with no mention of Labor, to the average punter it looked like official EC bunting. 

LNP/ALP had their usual army of volunteers to harass you with how to vote cards. The greens had one guy (the candidate. He disappeared after an hour, presumably to have a joint and then gorge on organic, gluten free, vegan treats. He never returned). We had myself and one other. What was surprising is that 'get up' had three people handing out how to vote cards to protect the reef (perhaps the green's candidate confused that with how to have a reefer?) - recommending voting green or Labor if you wanted to protect the reef. 

Get up and Labor were encouraging numbering every box in their spruiking. We were silent on preferences, leaving it totally up to voters. LNP was very much just vote 1. At one point I thought there was going to be a punch up between one of the get up guys (make your vote count number every square) and the LNP dude (you only have to number one square).

It's rather daunting to the run the 'junk mail' gauntlet to get to vote. 

How to avoid attention:

- talk on your phone

- be blind or non English speaking 

- grunt your way through

- take everyone's how to vote cards

- wear a nappy 

It's rather daunting to the run the 'junk mail' gauntlet to get to vote. 

How to avoid attention:

- talk on your phone

- be blind or non English speaking 

- grunt your way through

- take everyone's how to vote cards

- wear a nappy 

... or don't vote!

The annoying thing is that the Labor and Liberal cretins turned up at the train station handing out flyers weeks on end before the elections in Victoria, so I couldn't completely avoid it.

looks like they've lost government. Wow that was unexpected. Abbotts tenure is surely under threat

Perhaps Tony could bestow a knighthood upon Campbell to console him?

Perhaps Tony could bestow a knighthood upon Campbell to console him?

I think Tony will now bestow a knighthood to anybody who votes for him.

But a question mark still hangs over the final result of Ferny Grove after the Electoral Commission of Queensland admitted the Palmer United candidate had been found to be an undischarged bankrupt and therefore, should not have been permitted to run for office.

The matter has been referred to Crown Law but could potentially end in the electorate heading back to the polls if the Court of Disputed Returns finds the PUP votes and preferences influenced the seat's outcome. 

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/labor-had-secret-plan-to-govern-20150203-1355wi.html