Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Medved

Australian Charity Party

6 posts in this topic

A new political party on the block, but one that is very different:

http://www.australiancharityparty.com.au/Home

AustralianCharityPartyLogo03.png

Worth checking it out and the videos on the front page (particularly the middle one). If this get traction then the entrenched stench may get hit in the hip pocket... and charities would benefit!

Pass it on as word of mouth is the best way to share the message.

I was listening to radio this arve and the topic was Indonesian democracy. Turns out the Indonesians value democracy far more than we do.

It seems the better we have it the less happy we are? If a despot was elected today and promised that we would all be richer provided we gave up all of our rights to privacy and our civil rights we would elect that bastard. 

In Indonesia apparently they had people staying for the scrutineering phase and tweeting results from most of the 500000 polling booths to keep the bastards honest. 

I'm sceptical.

Who is behind it? I would guess the big Christian charities - and the money would effectively go back to them. Nice way for preferences of people who may vote for them to be redirected to Family First, effectively tricking people who wouldn't vote for FF to get preferences that way. 

The Australian Charity Party allows for universal values based or conscience voting by any members of parliament.

So it's not really a party at all. 

I'm sceptical.

Who is behind it? I would guess the big Christian charities - and the money would effectively go back to them. Nice way for preferences of people who may vote for them to be redirected to Family First, effectively tricking people who wouldn't vote for FF to get preferences that way. 

So it's not really a party at all. 

There are no (christian) charities behind it yet judging by the EOI page.

I think the focus is on educating people that if they don't want to vote for 'any of the above' then they can send their $5 (what their vote is worth) to charity. It's also worth remembering that prior to the 1970s there was no mention of political parties anywhere within the Commonwealth Constitution. Every member of parliament should re-present the will of their people (i.e., conscience voting and not voting by party compulsion).

This seems like a better way of voting than supporting red/blue/green team or Clive and his wackos.

There are no (christian) charities behind it yet judging by the EOI page.

Who's behind it then?

I think the focus is on educating people that if they don't want to vote for 'any of the above' then they can send their $5 (what their vote is worth) to charity. 

But which charity? The party get's to decide. Who is the party? How is the party funded if they give away all their electoral funding?

It's also worth remembering that prior to the 1970s there was no mention of political parties anywhere within the Commonwealth Constitution. Every member of parliament should re-present the will of their people (i.e., conscience voting and not voting by party compulsion).

Should but won't. Our constitution was set up with no/minimal parties. The reality today is very different.

This seems like a better way of voting than supporting red/blue/green team or Clive and his wackos.

It seems that way, but it's probably not. At least if you vote for Clive, you know Clive's ruling is final.

I like a parliament that is full of different parties and individuals. It shouldn't be easy to change laws. 

I like a parliament that is full of different parties and individuals. It shouldn't be easy to change laws. 

It also means that tough measures are often never implemented as everybody other than the  party in government will oppose them to earn quick browning points at the next election.