zaph

Tony Abbott to be overthrown next week

12 posts in this topic

It’s likely Abbott will be overthrown in the next nine days and his successor Dutton, Hunt or Turnbull rapidly and brutally excise Hockey from the Treasury; not certain, but likely.

Why do I say this? Well, in Question Time today he, Tony, was very strange indeed, his face calm but his voice arching upwards huskily into polecat soprano as he asserted repeatedly that ‘not one dollar’ had been cut from Health and Education, though Plibersek waved a government document saying eighty billion dollars had been, and his backbenchers’ faces behind him, and the Ministers’ faces beside him, were melancholy-dire. He seemed mad, and it was clear they’d given up on him, the worst policy-salesman in their history (he had lost, in seven months as PM, 1.3 million votes), and were making frantic plans in hugger-mugger to be rid of him.

A while ago, it was revealed in the Fairfax online papers that no AFP officer had advised him not to go to Deakin lest he be roughed up there; he had made that up; he had lied about it. And here he was, lying again, reconfiguring history as he has this last fortnight, pretending the eighty missing billions were never there in the first place; had never existed; were figments of Shorten’s crazed imagination. No eighty billion; never ever.

This was familiar. This was the Tony who had attempted a punch-up on the floor of the House, and sneered at Bernie Banton in his last week of life, run out on his pregnant bride and broken Joe Hockey’s jaw. He had ‘gone rogue’, as the saying is, perhaps because of some back-pain-relieving drug, or simple angry sleeplessness, or some private crisis, or his Catholic conscience plaguing his dreams. But he was bonkers, innumerate, glitched, crinkle-eyed and repetitive (he urged Labor to ‘axe the Carbon Tax’) as Peter Costello predicted he would be. He had forgotten already the knighthoods due on the Queen’s Birthday. He was on some other planet. He was floating.

I predicted his arrival, and I was alone in doing so, correctly doing so; alone in the nation. I now predict his going.

Thursday or Friday next week.

http://www.ellistabletalk.com/2014/05/27/abbotts-end-37-the-last-nine-days/

Calendar Reminder set.

I think you will be disappointed. 

What is this website that espouses such profanity, that Tony may not be the messiah? 

There's no chance that Abbott will be defrocked at this stage. Perhaps, in 9.5-12 + months if he continues to be so unpopular. 

"the worst policy-salesman in their history"

His predecessors have done a much better job at selling bad news, in fact, worse budget news. 

Tony is a good 'head kicker'. He did it well under Howard, and he did it well as the opposition leader. But a head kicker is not good to lead a govt.

I won't actually be disappointed it doesn't really factor as a huge factor in my life as I am off. It would be nice to see that Australians were standing up to their representatives and saying "seriously?" but I don't really see it happening. Hell Penny Wong supported the "gays can't get married and we're not going to even talk about it" thing after the masses of the labour party voted to at least have a chat about it.

There have been some decent things done (or at least attempted to be done) by politicians but they do seem to be few and far between and often attacked on, what seems to me, a purely partisan basis.

I did see this when an atheist prime minister started the commission into the kiddie f*ckers and the Traditional Christian Values supporter prime minister oversaw (not claiming it was his personal thing as I have no idea) taking money off that commission and putting it into finding out if the _4_ people that died in the insulation thing died because of bad managerial skills of a previous prime minister.

One of these things is still going on...

I have yet to see any of the pundits make that link but it screams out to me as damn weird.

Caveat: I am working on the Commission for Kiddies but I doubt realistically his defunding would cause me any issues as it is only one of my clients.

Tony is a good 'head kicker'. He did it well under Howard, and he did it well as the opposition leader. But a head kicker is not good to lead a govt.

Head-kicker?…certainly.   Leader in the caucus room?  …nope.    I'm interested to see how far they'll let him go.   

Whilst nothing happened, it is interesting to note how the leadership question became major news during this period.

He should have been asked how much Clive is paying him to vote for PUP.

That probably would have been the only question his intellect could cope with!

THE Oval Office, Washington. June 2014:

Presidential aide: “The Australian Prime Minister is here Mr President.”

Tony Abbott: (grins) “Asubuhi nzuri Mr Rais.’”

Barack Obama: “I beg your pardon Prime Minister?”

TA: “Aaarrr … it’s Swahili Mr President – good morning you know? Just thought I’d break the ice with some native lingo … ah … ah … your old man being African and all. Even got to dust off some of my old schoolboy parlez-vous Francais for the frog kiddies back in Europe.”

BO: “It’s fine Mr Abbott. We speak perfectly good English here. And you can call me Barack.”

TA: “And you can call me ‘sir’ … just joking, Queen’s birthday you know. (winks) That’s Dame Peta in the corner pretending to look exasperated, isn’t that right luv?”

BO: “I see. How was your meeting with [international Monetary Fund chief] Christine Lagarde?”

TA: “I will not be lectured on economics and climate change by that woman; I will not.”

BO: “Sorry I asked. What about [uS Treasury Secretary] Jack Lew?”

TA: “Look, I errr, I just got in from Canadia and had a very busy schedule. And can I say that from where Australia sits, that Mr Lew … aahhh … no one, however smart, however well-educated, however experienced is the suppository of all wisdom.”

BO: “Perhaps we should move on. How are Australia’s preparations for the G20 progressing?”

TA: “Is that a trick question? Because look, aaarr, I ... ah … we don’t want to clutter these talks with climate debate.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/opinion-president-obama-meet-the-prime-minister-of-australia-mr-tony-abbott/story-fnihsr9v-1226948606450

Well worth reading the rest!