AdminBot

Broken avatars

28 posts in this topic

Not much I can do about this - ran a script that restored *some* of the avatars, but not all.

If yours is missing, just pop it back again.

Damn version upgrades.

She's dead Jim... no wait, she's not!

Would have been nice to have received notice of the forum upgrade. :)

I thought it had gone the way of GHPC.

BTW - what happened to the green layout? Or is it user configurable? Or am I going colour blind?

Edited by Mr Medved

thanks for your work behind the scenes getting everything back in order.

+1, though I'd agree with Mr Medved that an advance warning would have been nice.

Are we still able to attach files to a posting? If so, how do you do it?

At the bottom of the page cobran. You need to use the "more reply options" button to see it. 

Untitled_zps81756156.jpg

thanks for your work behind the scenes getting everything back in order.

+2 Thanks RE. The new interface is great. I was never a fan of the green. Reminded me of a seventies house I used to live in. All olive and mission brown.  :down:

+2 Thanks RE. The new interface is great. I was never a fan of the green. Reminded me of a seventies house I used to live in. All olive and mission brown.  :down:

Hehehehe!

That olive and mission brown theme was designed by RE in the first place. Back when the forum started I requested that the default IP.Board theme would also made available.

Actually, you can still select the old theme by clicking on "Change Theme" in the bottom left corner. BUT DON'T DO IT!!! It will stuff up your rendering, and it could very well have been the cause of all the problems RE had in upgrading the forum.

I have to say I loved the quirky green theme because it suited the quirky board. I am having trouble with this blue theme. I can't make out the changeover from the light blue to the white and I cannot see the outline of posts and frames around posts.It is quite painful for the eyes to figure out where one framed object starts and another framed object ends. This also affects buttons that are light blue and which don't stand out enough from the white background.

I am going to try the alternate theme possibility to give my eyes some ease.

Edited by sydney3000

Sydney300 also would like to relate that he switched to the green theme and apparently has locked himself out. Could a mod set his account back to default theme and maybe remove the option from the site. I assume he asked for the removal as he just won't be able to stop himself using it again in future.

Sydney300 also would like to relate that he switched to the green theme and apparently has locked himself out. Could a mod set his account back to default theme and maybe remove the option from the site. I assume he asked for the removal as he just won't be able to stop himself using it again in future.

Is this for real?

Pick the wrong colour and you get kicked out from the forum?  :shocking:

I think I'll just stick with the pastel blue for now then...

Edited by Mr Medved

Buggered if I know if it is real, he sent the message through the sales inquiry type thing on my website, Confused the crap out of one of my drones :)

Hi Syd, You're not locked out according to the admin console. Try deleting the cookies from your browser. This should revert your theme from the green back to default.

Thanks tor and admin. I wasn't really "locked out". Once the green theme was active the web pages didn't display the content which didn't allow me to change it back. Deleting the cookies in the web browser didn't help since the theme setting is stored on the server side. 

Steveno is reporting the same problem with having selected the theme.

Steveno is reporting the same problem with having selected the theme.

... and so how does it feel doing support desk work? :)

I tried to get attention in many ways but the website doesn't have a web contact form. I did create new accounts but when they are not approved you can't post. I didn't see an option to message a member either.

I tried to warn you all about the green theme...

The reason I could recover from it was that I had another window of the forum open with the list of new content, which allowed me to re-select the IP.board theme. Sorry if that made people think it was no big deal trying the green theme.

1 person likes this

... and so how does it feel doing support desk work? :)

Somewhat nostalgic :)

Should we have a go to internet place agreed upon before this site dies in case ..errr....this site dies? Anonymity is good and bad. It would be a shame to lose contact with you folks here, even if it is only anomously. Or we could just use Tor's help desk ;) 

Maybe just an admin contact well known.

Call me a preppa for the zombie apocalypso.

:scared:

Call me a preppa for the zombie apocalypso.

:scared:

My flatmate and I went halves on a gift for a friend today. I proceeded to scan the invoice. I email it to my flatmate. He asked me why I emailed him the invoice. I said in case our friend needs it when the product fails. He said he was going to give her the invoice. I said that we are all prepared when Armageddon strikes since we can take our computers to the shop and say the invoice is on this laptops hard drive. He said it wouldn't be useful if the computer didn't work. I said that is where Gmail comes in handy since the NSA will be ready to supply us with a copy of it. He has that look that says he doesn't understand why I scanned the invoice.

Or we could just use Tor's help desk ;)

You can use that, most people with the faintest clue /inclination on how to use google know it anyway. And I know for a fact that several of the trolls know it as I mailed them my home address and asked them round.

simon@sqlservices.com.au

Although the website may well go down when I am feeling drunk and obnoxious so alternate plans are probably sensible as well.

Should we have a go to internet place agreed upon before this site dies in case ..errr....this site dies? Anonymity is good and bad. It would be a shame to lose contact with you folks here, even if it is only anomously. Or we could just use Tor's help desk ;)

I read Silk Road is back up again... ;)

I am sometimes on the silver stackers web site but not as often. It gets a bit too loony at times there, even for my standards.

Should we have a go to internet place agreed upon before this site dies in case ..errr....this site dies?

All the other bears, hang out on Australian Property Forum -- with us trolls!!

Edited by Sherlock