staringclown

How long will Tony remain

315 posts in this topic

Palmer is the perfect political chameleon who has mastered the art of blowing with the wind! He'll come undone at some stage.

I am trying this method in life lately. I say yes to everything. I was even accused of being a Yes Man yesterday. It's working well for me so far. It keeps conversations short, avoids conflict and keeps people off my back.

I am trying this method in life lately. I say yes to everything. I was even accused of being a Yes Man yesterday. It's working well for me so far. It keeps conversations short, avoids conflict and keeps people off my back.

So what happens when you say 'yes' to conflicting requests?

So what happens when you say 'yes' to conflicting requests?

I usually only communicate with one person and it doesn't arise. Giving in to everything had me be accused by some of my team members of favouring the biggest whiner on my team though.

Chris Berg from the IPA arguing for free borders as the last frontier of free market economics. It bemused me given the current stop the boats campaign.

There was a restriction of labour thread on this very forum recently which the Chris Berg article would seem to agree. Likened to the shortage of labour arising post the black plague and the subsequent demands for higher wages/formation of guilds etc... Personally, I have been offered a job with Amazon but the wages are unspectacular and they don't include both the missus and my own wages so I'm stuck in this soon to be pariah backwater for the time being...

Personally, I have been offered a job with Amazon but the wages are unspectacular and they don't include both the missus and my own wages so I'm stuck in this soon to be pariah backwater for the time being...

Well congrats anyway. It's always good to have options.

The only risk when there is something else on the table is that you are more chance of telling your current boss to get stuffed.

How is this thread not flashing red at the moment? 10th July was the last post! Just arrived back in OZ yesterday to headlines of Coalition melting down on so many fronts that it is hard to get my head around it all. If Tony doesn't start a war with Tonga soon to distractify he is surely due to get replaced. My vote is for Corey Bernardi to replace him. That would be consistent with lib logic at the moment.

I suspect the overwhelming mentalness of the situation has divided everyone - if he would do just _one_ mental thing he'd be out. But he is rocking out the spying, secretly shipping refugees back, punishing bludgers and so many other things that no one can get behind a single reason to get rid of him :)

1 person likes this

True. It is hard to articulate the issues and is easier to drop jaws (drawers) and slap forehead in his general direction.

I suspect the overwhelming mentalness of the situation has divided everyone - if he would do just _one_ mental thing he'd be out. But he is rocking out the spying, secretly shipping refugees back, punishing bludgers and so many other things that no one can get behind a single reason to get rid of him :)

I'm starting to suspect that George Brandis and Eric Abetz are Labor moles. Not a lot else can explain the level of incompetence on display. 

Morrison, I'm afraid is a true believer.

Other than that tor is right. My outragometer has exploded. 

The Libs do not seem to be impacting public service wage demands:

ABS: 6345.0 - Wage Price Index, Australia, Jun 2014

They will very impact very shortly if they get their way. They are proposing pay rises of 0.8% per year for the next three years for DHS. A real pay cut in exchange for loss of other conditions. Defence isn't much better. We were supposed to have a new agreement by June but they are stalling on any offers unless the APSC and two cabinet ministers sign off on the agreement. No back pay can be awarded. They are trying to pick a fight and I imagine they eventually may get one.

Maybe it's their way of trying to cut the payroll budget without cutting jobs (and getting the accompanying headlines)...?

Or trying to paint unions as the bad guys...?

Maybe it's their way of trying to cut the payroll budget without cutting jobs (and getting the accompanying headlines)...?

Or trying to paint unions as the bad guys...?

It's ideological. They have no qualms about cutting jobs. Hockey is already threatening Campbell Newman style austerity cuts cos his budget is being stalled. I'm OK with this because Campbell Newman is looking increasingly likely to lose his own seat.

Abetz is dying for unions to lose their rag so he can cry that unions are being unreasonable. Howard took on the docks and this bunch are taking on the APS.

The current line is that any pay rises for the APS will need to be sourced from "borrowed" money.

There is no problem in finding money for stopping jihadists from travelling to to Iraq/Syria. There is no problem finding money for stopping boats. There is no problem finding money to fund the PPL scheme. Magically, this is other money that supports the government agenda and can be found that does not require borrowing.  :lol:

The current bent is for outsourcing to private enterprise all which can be outsourced. Outsourcing will probably improve cost at the price of quality of service. I'm fairly sure we can trust foreign nationals to protect our data. After all they are subject to the same laws as we are... Wait!

Hockey's comments on fuel today are yet another reason for the public to turn even more hostile toward them.

IMO they would have been better off doing more dramatic reform. Unfortunately unless you are having a baby and your or your partner having the baby is on good money there is nothing in the budget that feels like a win.

Will there be an issue around privatising the public service around governance? I expect that auditing private companies and awarding the contracts to them that will allow them to step into the shoes of our ps, will end up costing taxpayers a large swathe of any savings they are planning on making. Then these private entities when they are selecting contractors and the likes for public works / programs etc will not necessarily be independant.

Hockey's comments on fuel today are yet another reason for the public to turn even more hostile toward them...

Where did he get the idea that persons on low incomes have on average less distance to drive to work  that persons on higher income?  :wacko:

Many cannot afford a new(er), more fuel efficient car.

yes, they don't tend to live inner city either except the homeless.

i thought high income  earners had company cars?  anyhow libs  game plan is to cut the crap out of things until the next election then a round of  decent   handouts,   that kept Howard in power for ages and they seem to    sticking  with it

I get the feeling current ministers like the Treasurer are either really, really poorly advised or are completely out of touch with the real world... or a combination of both. They just come across as utter idiots but you don't get that far without some nous.

I would argue they are looking worse than the previous one. The previous might have been incompetent at what they were trying to do but generally they seemed to be trying to look after everyone. This one seems incompetent at what they do but are sh*tting the poor/weak/different.

So I guess end result might be roughly the same but the path to that result is different.

I was being generous and trying to not let my left leaning and dislike of Tony and Joe cloud my post. 

“I think that the people who would like to see the break-up of the United Kingdom are not the friends of justice, not the friends of freedom, and that the countries that would cheer at the prospect of the break-up with the United Kingdom are not the countries whose company one would like to keep.”

Gail Lythgoe, campaign organiser for pro-independence group Yes Scotland, hit back Mr Abbott’s comments, telling Fairfax Media that “independence seems to be working well for Australia".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/advocates-of-scottish-independence-not-friends-of-freedom-and-justice-tony-abbott-20140816-104xem.html#ixzz3AaYl3ccm

I don't think we should let Tony out of Australia, it's just embarrassing. 

I don't think we should let Tony out of Australia, it's just embarrassing. 

Our monarchist PM would be happy if he could take Australia back to being a fully fledged colony of England, totally ruled by the English government or better still - by the monarch!

Wasn't he born in Wales?

Our monarchist PM would be happy if he could take Australia back to being a fully fledged colony of England, totally ruled by the English government or better still - by the monarch!

Wasn't he born in Wales?

If only he could get the job of governor - or what ever it is. Otherwise it would be a different story.