AndersB

How long will Kevin remain

143 posts in this topic

I reckon an Obama like "I am sooooooo disappointed in you guys".

Man I loved those.

Is it too early to start this thread?

Post election loss would mean - what?

If Labor loses the election and not by a landslide like they expected under Dillard, then I reckon Krudd would be kept for at least a year and then see what the polls say (after all both parties seem to be heavily poll driven). I don't know who would replace Krudd. Shorten is being touted as a future Labor leader, but I suspect that he has too much blood on his hands, so unlikely to be elected.

If the Liberals win, it will be interested to see how the Mad Monk fares after one year, since at this election the public is more likely to 'vote Labor out than vote Abbott in'. So, like Krudd, perhaps Turnbull will have his revenge before the following federal election.

If the Liberals win, it will be interested to see how the Mad Monk fares after one year, since at this election the public is more likely to 'vote Labor out than vote Abbott in'. So, like Krudd, perhaps Turnbull will have his revenge before the following federal election.

Anyone wants to start a thread named 'How long will Tony remain'?

If Labor lose I expect that Rudd would stay on as leader provided it's not a whitewash. If Abbott doesn't screw up too badly and the polls swing toward the government then Rudd will be under pressure. We know what Labor do to unpopular leaders let alone unpopular opposition leaders. I don't expect the polls will swing toward an Abbott government initially as he will be making a lot of unpopular "yet to be announced" decisions early in his term.

what no turnball v rudd election thread?

That is my hope. Dudd zooms up the polls and the LNP get nervy and pop the loon. Malcolm and Joe party.

Taking the reins in Sep is a poisoned chalice for MalJoe but they are probably the most capable.

Abbott at the helm will be a quagmire. I am soooo over the stop the boats waffle.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Mr Rudd will run the country from his Norman Park home where his wife Therese will also live.

Mr Rudd will only stay at the PM's official residences at the Lodge in Canberra and Kirribilli House in Sydney when in those cities on official business.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/kevin-rudd-once-again-running-the-nation-from-his-back-deck-in-brisbane8217s-norman-park/story-fnii5v70-1226672194878

What, if any, effect will this have on sentiment towards KRudd?

Personally, I couldn't care where the PM lives, but will some people be upset?

So Krudd is now 50-50 according to newspoll. Extraordinary.

I heard numerous theories as to why.

• He is an outsider but so are a lot of the population and the more that he is scorned by the liberals citing criticisms by his colleagues the more the populous will back him. A strategy using the criticisms of colleagues is being blunted because most of those people are now going anyway.
  • He was wronged by the party that sacked him and the balance has now been restored. Justice has been served. (I'm not at all convinced that this is the reason)

I have a third theory. He has emerged from a bitter period of spiteful personal politics as a conciliatory third way (rightly or wrongly) to both Abbott and Gillard and the public are embracing the change. Neither Abbott nor Gillard have come out well from the recent vitriol.

Rudds speech today illustrates the change in strategy. The "accord" Mk II where unions and business cooperate in the national good is clever. Not saying he will win but he is definitely in with a chance.

The forces of Labor are being mobilised. The Kouk is out spruiking the Labor record.

Likewise the IPA are fighting a rear guard campaign. They were a shoe in two weeks ago.

I (and the IPA) can't understand why Abbott hasn't welcomed a debate over debt and deficit! It's not a good look. Usually it's the PM dodging debate.

Anyone wants to start a thread named 'How long will Tony remain'?

Perhaps now would be a good time! happy.gif

Kevin Rudd would lose 2013 Federal Election if Malcolm Turnbull returned to his old job, finds poll

KEVIN Rudd would lose the election by a landslide if the Coalition's Malcolm Turnbull was restored as Opposition Leader, a new poll has shown.

Mr Turnbull, who was knifed by Tony Abbott in 2009, is twice as popular as Mr Rudd when it comes to preferred prime minister status and would put the Coalition in line to secure a majority government, according to a Seven Network/ReachTEL poll....

....Mr Turnbull outstripped Mr Rudd by 30 points in preferred PM status, 65 per cent to Mr Rudd's 35 in the poll of 2000 respondents.

The poll also showed the Opposition communications spokesman - known for his belief in climate change - would secure the Coalition a two party preferred vote of 58 per cent to Labor's 42 per cent.

I've read a few articles where Turnbull has been denying he's sharpening the knife. Means it's likely.

I've read a few articles where Turnbull has been denying he's sharpening the knife. Means it's likely.

Unlikely that they will change as the election is likely to be called for late August from what I've heard. Last major obstacle removed this afternoon.

Kevin's TODO list:

Remove Julia. Check.

Gonski and NDIS bedded down. Check.

Carbon tax replaced with ETS bought in early. Check.

Asylum seekers now exiled to PNG. Check.

Ahead in polls? Check.

Call election...

Hope for best

Kevin Rudd plans to visit the Governor-General on Sunday or Monday to seek approval for an election on September 7.

Sources have told Fairfax Media that Mr Rudd has now settled on the date and will fire the starter's gun on what promises to be one of the most intense political contests in memory.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/pm-decides-election-set-for-sept-7-20130802-2r4x4.html#ixzz2arPHESqG

Kevin Rudd plans to visit the Governor-General on Sunday or Monday to seek approval for an election on September 7.

Sources have told Fairfax Media that Mr Rudd has now settled on the date and will fire the starter's gun on what promises to be one of the most intense political contests in memory.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz2arPHESqG

It's official - election on 7/9/2013.

link

It's official - election on 7/9/2013.

link

Therefore, Kevin will only be PM until September 7th.

Thankfully, as the government should now be in caretaker mode, he can't spend too much of our money between now and then.

I read a piece in either today's or yesterday's CM about why parties have their campaign launches only a week or so from the election date.

Up until the party campaign launch the taxpayer picks up all the travel, accommodation and other costs for MPs and their staffers.

When someone in Murdoch position and with his history is opposed to something like the NBN it does make me think the NBN is probably a good thing for me...

When someone in Murdoch position and with his history is opposed to something like the NBN it does make me think the NBN is probably a good thing for me...

But The Empire is going to put the Mad Mank in power and the NBN will be crippled.

But The Empire is going to put the Mad Mank in power and the NBN will be crippled.

Probably. Shame really. Oh well, back to digging up rocks and selling each other houses. Probably have to get some more (white) immigrants to keep them high...

KRudd is a very good campaigner. Tony is hopeless. More and more Australian politics is being turned into an American style presidential race. If that's the case Kev can, Tony can't.

We're a long way from the finish line, but at this stage I tip Kev to win.

KRudd is a very good campaigner. Tony is hopeless. More and more Australian politics is being turned into an American style presidential race. If that's the case Kev can, Tony can't.

We're a long way from the finish line, but at this stage I tip Kev to win.

So another 'Unlosable' election as the Visiting Professor suffered at the hands of Keating? On the positive side, the Mad Monk should be replaced by Turnbull.