cobran20

SMH: Taxing times

32 posts in this topic

I suggest that the current system will be more generous / flexible than any changes they make in 5 years time and the changes will be incremental locking out future gens whilst allowing Boomers to adjust and maximise the pro's and minimise the con's of the current system.

That might just be the cynic in me. Personally I think that Super is a great idea that's going to be stolen. Don't forget that 3% of your income tax was supposed to go towards paying you a pension but it was stolen by bureaucrats who put it into consolidated revenue for ease of management then it was promptly never mentioned again.

I'm thinking more along the lines that Boomers will eventually be told to make the most of the generous concessions as there is no tax base to pay a living pension to so many retirees. Either that or the government better open the immigration floodgates to increase tax revenue ... assuming there is employment for most persons seeking work.

With a bit of luck the ALP will be the material of archives and museums in 5 years.

Today I tore my Kevin 07 T shirt into 4 pieces.

With a bit of luck the ALP will be the material of archives and museums in 5 years.

Today I tore my Kevin 07 T shirt into 4 pieces.

This is where the forum requires a functioning "like button". thumbsup.gif

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, zaph said:

It sparkles!! 

A lot of money for a bit of glitter did you say? Looking forward in a couple of years when all Telcos offer 5G plans compared with the NBN's current prices.