staringclown

Predictions thread

55 posts in this topic

I think IBM on the New York Stock Exchange will be a good investment in the long term. It is now around US$203 per share. Perhaps the reason Warren Buffett has invested heavily in the company is because of their Watson technology. Basically, this is a case of the 'rise of the machines' technology that can beat human expert knowledge:

http://www-03.ibm.co...tion/us/watson/

So, I am just waiting for a market correction before taking a position in IBM.

I started buying IBM today at $144 per share.

prediction for the FED  rate increase, i say 0.1% or ten basis points, " see we raised rates "

I don't see central banks, especially the RBA's obsession with having to move by 25bpts. Ten bpts is far more appropriate when rates are this low - in either direction. Ten does bugger all to signal the market though. 

I don't see central banks, especially the RBA's obsession with having to move by 25bpts. Ten bpts is far more appropriate when rates are this low - in either direction. Ten does bugger all to signal the market though. 

yeah thats why i said 0.1%, its an increase but it doesnt  actually upset the markets. and yeah on a %2 rate, its still an increase of %5 on repayments, which is a sizable increase.