AndersB

Round the world flights in first class for $3800

33 posts in this topic

Well done for getting in early. :)

Thanks.

Wow, they really hiked the price! The 4-continent round-the-world in First Class is now USD $15,443 + taxes and fuel fees for a total of around $17,000.

I have to make a round trip SYD-BER with departure before August 9 and return any time thereafter with the trip lasting about 3-4 weeks. I usually use Zuji but their website has become sneaky. I now have a list of online websites and I will utilise them to find the right flight. The trip could also be turned into SYD-BER+BER-VIE+VIE-SYD but I doubt this complication would make comparisons easier.

I did hear that providers are aware that Australians are rich and vice versa trips out of Europe don't cost that much. Is there a way for me to book this flight via some European website and drastically cut the cost? Do I have to have a European IP address to complete such trick?

Any comments are welcome.

Edited by sydney3000

I have to make a round trip SYD-BER with departure before August 9 and return any time thereafter with the trip lasting about 3-4 weeks. I usually use Zuji but their website has become sneaky. I now have a list of online websites and I will utilise them to find the right flight. The trip could also be turned into SYD-BER+BER-VIE+VIE-SYD but I doubt this complication would make comparisons easier.

I did hear that providers are aware that Australians are rich and vice versa trips out of Europe don't cost that much. Is there a way for me to book this flight via some European website and drastically cut the cost? Do I have to have a European IP address to complete such trick?

You could try using an anonymizer syd. I use the "tor" browser bundle to get around local content restrictions on the BBC website.

Your IP address will not register as Australian. It would be interesting to compare if the costs of booking are different.

Edit: Don't download documents using the tor browser. It will bypass tor and reveal your real IP. Browsing web sites only

Prices may be based on departure city not by IP address so not sure anonymous web connections will help.

From memory I was told Oslo-Melbourne return was around 1200AUD... fat chance getting that rate from Australia.

Buying a round-trip Australia-Europe-Australia will not be cheaper when bought from a different location, unfortunately. However, Europe-Australia-Europe is quite a bit cheaper, but that will not be of much help to you unless you intend to travel every year.

Airfares from Singapore seems to be quite a lot cheaper, though. So perhaps you can get a cheap flight to Singapore using a low cost carrier like Scoot for example, which is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. You can pick up return flights to Singapore from Sydney for about $400 on promotional fares.

From Singapore you can get great deals, like flying business class with SriLankan Airlines to London return for about $2,200. SriLankan is not too bad an airline and has been invited to join the Oneworld Airlines Alliance (which Qantas belongs to)

http://www.oneworld..../members-elect/

I haven't got the details of a good Singaporean online travel agency yet, but I'm sure you can find one with Google.

I ended up with Zuji again after my 2008 and 2010 trips even though I checked about 15 different websites. I actually was able to shave $20 off Zuji by using a redirector website instead of Zuji directly. travel com.au had a $70 cheaper fare but it didn't allow for online booking and I didn't wish to make a phone booking. Tor didn't make any difference and it is very slow.

I forgot to mention that I found my waiting-to-book convenient because I didn't want to end up with a flight that needed to be rerouted because of the Qantas changes. After the Qantas tie up with Emirates they are still uncompetitive in regards to price.

Edited by sydney3000

I just figured it out. I could have saved 18% on my flights. For years I wondered why it was so difficult to fly to Berlin and it always carried a premium over the natural cheap inner-Europe flights.

The press talked about China Southern Airlines putting on some specials to London yesterday. I therefore checked if my flight to Berlin had gotten cheaper. It didn't even though the flight without last leg was cheap.

I would have gotten 18% cheaper if I had booked Sydney-Amsterdam via Zuji and Amsterdam-Berlin via Lufthansa instead of booking Sydney-Berlin via Zuji.

Live and learn.