Mr Medved

DB error today 2012-09-16)

60 posts in this topic

Thanks RE!

Anyone figured out how to change the layout of the home page? I used to be able to easily see which sections have unread posts, now it's not that easy.

Edit: Actually, finding unread posts is much harder than before the upgrade... not sure if this is an admin thing that would need to be set (i.e., bold font, list view).

Edited by Mr Medved
text

Thanks Tor. I think I just need to play around with the available controls.

My eyes are still adjusting to the green...

We had some spammers posting status updates on users profiles. They were able to do this before being approved. I have made status updates subject to mod approval to stop it happening. If anyone objects strenuously let me know. Apologies but I couldn't see any alternative aside from disabling status updates altogether. 

On 18/11/2016 at 3:23 AM, Mr Medved said:

Thanks Tor. I think I just need to play around with the available controls.

My eyes are still adjusting to the green...

At the bottom of the screen is option to select a Theme. Pick the simple default one and you'll get the traditional colors. 

Perhaps Adminbot could make it the default default theme?

Guys I am finding it a little hard to adjust to this new format.

Particularly when previously the "unread" material was much easier to find and navigate to. I know I'm probably unaware of some setting to get back to that convenience, but it was so much easier when you were linked to the last page of each thread.

Thanks to all those who have kept the conversation simple and sustained me in my desire to see a much more economically balanced world.

My thanks also to RE for sustaining the site for us nondescript wayfarers navigating through a sea of baloney.

9 hours ago, Solomon said:

Guys I am finding it a little hard to adjust to this new format.

Particularly when previously the "unread" material was much easier to find and navigate to. I know I'm probably unaware of some setting to get back to that convenience, but it was so much easier when you were linked to the last page of each thread.

Thanks to all those who have kept the conversation simple and sustained me in my desire to see a much more economically balanced world.

My thanks also to RE for sustaining the site for us nondescript wayfarers navigating through a sea of baloney.

http://simplesustainable.com/discover/unread/?&view=condensed

should show you new content, then just click the star by the conversation to go to the first unread post.