Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fed up

How the world has changed

3 posts in this topic

Started my career many years ago working for Western Mining Corp and part of that was selling gold on the LME, hedging the proceeds etc. How times have changed! WMC taken over long ago and I get that, but now the LME is being bought out by the Chinese. It's a whole different ball game and speaks volumes to my mind about where things are going in the future.

Started my career many years ago working for Western Mining Corp and part of that was selling gold on the LME, hedging the proceeds etc. How times have changed! WMC taken over long ago and I get that, but now the LME is being bought out by the Chinese. It's a whole different ball game and speaks volumes to my mind about where things are going in the future.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-06/D9VDIC280.htm

where things are going in the future

Things are going into the 'S' bend! The Chinese are not long away from some serious civil unrest as the property market bursts along with the shadow banking and financial dualism really puts a few more noses of of joint.

The UK is going to be a poster child of 'empire lost'. Its car marques are owned by bizarre foreign entities, Aircraft manufacturing, engineering etc.

http://www.businessw...6/D9VDIC280.htm

Things are going into the 'S' bend! The Chinese are not long away from some serious civil unrest as the property market bursts along with the shadow banking and financial dualism really puts a few more noses of of joint.

The UK is going to be a poster child of 'empire lost'. Its car marques are owned by bizarre foreign entities, Aircraft manufacturing, engineering etc.

Old empires who live beyond their means end up having to sell their family jewels. Mind you, Australia is not that much better. We've sold a lot of prime agricultural land and our main commodity companies are either wholly or substantially foreign owned.