Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staringclown

Fragments of Book of the Dead found in Brisbane

6 posts in this topic

Fragments of Book of the Dead found in Brisbane

Man this article can't be real. :o

Dr Taylor is the curator of the British Museum's mummy collection. The British Museum currently has a mummy exhibition on display at the Queensland Museum.

He was taken to the museum's storeroom to see more and says what came next is a once-in-a-lifetime discovery.

"After a very short time it became apparent that we did indeed have many fragments of the Book of the Dead," he said.

Dr Taylor says the rare specimens belonged to a high priest of the Temple of Amun, around 3,400 years ago.

First two ingredients for disaster are mummys and a british museum curator.

"So what we've got in Brisbane are the missing portions of this ancient book which has been split up, divided across the world for well over a hundred years."

Maybe there was a reason for that chief. ;)

"So it is a significant find, and if we can reconstruct the whole document that's going to tell us a lot.

So he's going to reassemble the book of the dead. If he goes ahead and reads it out aloud there will be trouble.

I wonder what effect reanimated corpses running around brissy will have on property prices.*

* Yes, It's a joke zaph. :)

* Yes, It's a joke zaph. :)

ahem

Probably arrived in Brisbane during the great flood.

ahem

Probably arrived in Brisbane during the great flood.

Or rained from the sky in balls of fire. I wanna know who the mysterious woman is. Bet she wears a veil.

yeah i think the reason for the divide was so that curious people wouldn't go ahead and try to read the thing! might end up causing curses and who knows what