Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the iceyone

Property slowdown just begun?

11 posts in this topic

http://www.thebull.com.au/articles/a/26400-aussie-property-slowdown-has-just-begun.html

These days it’s cheaper to buy a home in the playground of New York’s rich and famous, The Hamptons, than it is to buy in most Australian capital cities. Home prices in New York’s beachside retreat fell 13% last year, and are expected to tank again this year. Today, the median sale price in The Hamptons, the home of Madonna and Lady Gaga, is US$780,000, which equates to $726,828 in Australian dollars. For this money, you’d be lucky to pick up a fibro cottage in Brisbane or a pokey townhouse in Newtown.

Says it all really!

1 person likes this

http://www.thebull.com.au/articles/a/26400-aussie-property-slowdown-has-just-begun.html

These days it’s cheaper to buy a home in the playground of New York’s rich and famous, The Hamptons, than it is to buy in most Australian capital cities. Home prices in New York’s beachside retreat fell 13% last year, and are expected to tank again this year. Today, the median sale price in The Hamptons, the home of Madonna and Lady Gaga, is US$780,000, which equates to $726,828 in Australian dollars. For this money, you’d be lucky to pick up a fibro cottage in Brisbane or a pokey townhouse in Newtown.

Says it all really!

That has to be the most bearish article I have read in the past 30 years!

And that's coming from a website that calls itself "the bull".

i dunno what would be more annoying, French neighbors or Americans.

http://www.my-french...de-house/50167/

A comparison of the national stereotypes.

French v American

These international house comparisons probably should include cost of living, wages etc. But I can't imaagine Australia would come out of it looking good.

Edited by Ugg

No shots of the interior, it could be falling apart.

This Manor house originally built in 1860, with 11 main rooms to redecorate, offering around 280 sqm of living space, with a gite and outbuildings is located on the outskirts of a very beautiful village of the Perigord Vert.

It is falling apart! The add says it has 100sqm of habitable space in the guest house. The manor is probably a wreck. The roof is new though so it sounds like someone started the reno and ran out of cash. I forgive it though as it costs less than an average four bedroom dwelling in my catchment area and it's on 7000 sqm of land. :) A further 1 million euros and you could host and evil genius convention. And smoke a pipe without looking silly.

A further 1 million euros and you could host and evil genius convention. And smoke a pipe without looking silly.

Eh!? Now I feel all self-concious.

It is falling apart! The add says it has 100sqm of habitable space in the guest house. The manor is probably a wreck. The roof is new though so it sounds like someone started the reno and ran out of cash. I forgive it though as it costs less than an average four bedroom dwelling in my catchment area and it's on 7000 sqm of land. :) A further 1 million euros and you could host and evil genius convention. And smoke a pipe without looking silly.

Seems to me an evil genius convention can go either way. Either the lap of luxury (smoking rare animals and laughing evilly), or really dingy, like a gathering of Anti-batman villains in a sewer.

Seems to me an evil genius convention can go either way. Either the lap of luxury (smoking rare animals and laughing evilly), or really dingy, like a gathering of Anti-batman villains in a sewer.

That's easy - just don't redecorate one of the 11 rooms. :vampire:

http://www.thebull.c...just-begun.html

Says it all really!

that's it.. im moving to the Hamptons