cobran20

Martin Armstrong's Economic Writings

3718 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tor said:

hmmm it is almost like he doesn't want to show off his prediction computers results by linking to them. If it is too hard for him to find them then I guess I am unlikely to.

Now that swaize seems to have given up on using Armstrong as tradable information and prediction I wonder if anyone else is. Given, off the top of my head, Buffet has provable records of his 20 odd percent compounded growth for a decade or two I wonder if that is a better option, certainly seems lazier and I am a lazy fellow.

IMO, until he has a service that issues clear buy & sell instructions, Socrates's performance cannot be measured for trading purposes. I would not subscribe unless my criteria was met.

He does seem to have loyal corporate/government clients looking at the photos of those packed out conferences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at Jim Jones conferences which cost way more, pleasurable sounds of what you want to hear sell tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tor said:

Look at Jim Jones conferences which cost way more, pleasurable sounds of what you want to hear sell tickets.

and Jim Jones track record is...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" which is why they cannot stand Trump. He cannot be bought. No amount of money will change his life style of that of his family."

That may be why the politicians can't stand him

"It’s now all about accomplishment and being remembered."

That is what I suspect will be his corrupting influence. Seems to have been already in some small ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cobran20 said:

In Victoria (not sure for the rest of Oz) lawyers are officers of the Supreme Court and swear an oath.

You can only serve one master, so ultimately they don't serve you.

I was also told of either a letter or judgement from a High Court judge that said they need to "uphold the system". You only get justice if you're not up against the system.

I met a guy who lived under Tito. He said justice existed if you had disputes with other people (i.e., someone stole my chickens), but if you challenged the system it would come crushing down on you. It's the same in Oz, it's just not many people pay attention to it or acknowledge it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

In Victoria (not sure for the rest of Oz) lawyers are officers of the Supreme Court and swear an oath.

You can only serve one master, so ultimately they don't serve you.

I was also told of either a letter or judgement from a High Court judge that said they need to "uphold the system". You only get justice if you're not up against the system.

I met a guy who lived under Tito. He said justice existed if you had disputes with other people (i.e., someone stole my chickens), but if you challenged the system it would come crushing down on you. It's the same in Oz, it's just not many people pay attention to it or acknowledge it.

The system is always larger than the individual. It is hard for us to imagine a possible scenario where enough people rose up against the system to enable it to change without violence of bloodshed. Jesus, Mahatma Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr possibly achieved the best outcomes from passive resistance, but they are rare exceptions.

To the system we are simply a number. A digit in a box.

I have wondered for a long time now, what our society might look like if we were to have a major economic downturn. I doubt it would be anywhere near as civil as during the last great depression.

But of course, that outcome is never going to happen. Onwards and upwards........ As Buzz Lightyear would say, "To infinity!!"

Edited by Solomon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Solomon said:

 

I have wondered for a long time now, what our society might look like if we were to have a major economic downturn. I doubt it would be anywhere near as civil as during the last great depression.

The great depression led to the civil unrest of the 1930's, which eventually exploded into WW2. There was nothing civil about WW2.

I reckon we're in the early stages of civil unrest and eventually we'll have the same ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow he is really doubling down on being Pro Trump! That seems risky, I wonder what the computer says...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tor said:

Wow he is really doubling down on being Pro Trump! That seems risky, I wonder what the computer says...

I wonder as well tor.

It could be that Armstrong already recognises that the writing is on the wall for Trump. They (whoever they really are) are refusing to let things lie. They are out for blood and I then think Marty can say; "See I told you they would not let him alone."

Heady days for American politics, because I wonder what happens with the general populace when Trump is impeached from office? I think we might see a reversal of the protests, and many of the Trump supporters are the ones with the guns!!

Whatever the outcome, it all looks very volatile for some time to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solomon said:

I wonder as well tor.

It could be that Armstrong already recognises that the writing is on the wall for Trump. They (whoever they really are) are refusing to let things lie. They are out for blood and I then think Marty can say; "See I told you they would not let him alone."

Heady days for American politics, because I wonder what happens with the general populace when Trump is impeached from office? I think we might see a reversal of the protests, and many of the Trump supporters are the ones with the guns!!

Whatever the outcome, it all looks very volatile for some time to come.

So far it seems to be harming the Dems more than the GOP

Democratic Party Image Dips, GOP Ratings Stable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impeachment and thrown out of office seems exceedingly unlikely. I don't think it has ever happened even with opposition in control of the senate and the house. Trump has both of them, to be impeached would take proof on a level which convinced everyone. Given the publics treatment of facts currently I don't think that level of proof is attainable short of Putin physically handing trump money :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the democrats got their prosecutor (and don't have the votes to shut down the government anyway).

I do find it amusing that for a self proclaimed legal expert he doesn't know the definition of treason in the US. "Pay for make a deal" would be corruption or something but there is no viable way it could be considered treason. Treason is fighting against the US in a war or helping the opponent in a war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now