cobran20

Martin Armstrong's Economic Writings

3565 posts in this topic

He is still using that "NASA said" line when the article quite clearly says the opposite. I wonder if any of his readers actually click the links when he has them.

He believes the McCain caused the Forrestal? That is a level of website he is trusting which is even more off the beaten track than normal...

He quoted an article that is over a year old (re Australian real estate). From what I see nothing has changed from the boom times.

1 hour ago, Mr Medved said:

He quoted an article that is over a year old (re Australian real estate). From what I see nothing has changed from the boom times.

By the looks of things, he quoted two different articles, and only placed a link for one of them.

He should also have placed a link to the article based on data from the Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, released a couple of days ago

Not sure which thread to put this so will mention it here,

Someone I know visited a prison yesterday as part of work duties. Apparently there are 3-4 four new prisons being built in Victoria (there are 11 at the moment). When asked about it, a guy working at the prison said that whenever there is an increase in the cost of living there is an increase in crime.

So judging by what the government is doing they are predicting a lot more crime in the next few years.

2 hours ago, Mr Medved said:

Not sure which thread to put this so will mention it here,

Someone I know visited a prison yesterday as part of work duties. Apparently there are 3-4 four new prisons being built in Victoria (there are 11 at the moment). When asked about it, a guy working at the prison said that whenever there is an increase in the cost of living there is an increase in crime.

So judging by what the government is doing they are predicting a lot more crime in the next few years.

Could be. But governments are reactive by nature. Also prisons have been working at over capacity for a while (based on what periodically is published on newspapers at least). So it could also be that they're just catching up with the old demand!

It is not just a rise in the cost of living that increases crime, but also rising unemployment or under employment. Basically any situation where people cannot support themselves. The trend in employment seems to be more casual jobs and a rise in under-employment. So you would expect crime to rise.