cobran20

Martin Armstrong's Economic Writings

3573 posts in this topic

hehehe armstrong loves his history of politics when it supports his position but loses the plot when he is the establishment. What happened to the romans again?

Sheesh even I realise that for many people overthrowing the establishment I would be viewed as someone for the wall.

Mostly that is the "sensible" argument for me thinking that governments should support the weak. Enough "weak" people pissed off will do a brannigan and throw waves and waves of their own men at the establishment and win (then kill their leaders). Hence people doing well should always support the less well off in their own society or just leave it before the revolution comes. If you choose to leave you must also plan for the revolution.

(of course that is filtered through my natural feelings of what is right and wrong and therefore pretty suspect as well, even if I do have a faintly sensible reasoning to it)

Anyone else noticed he doesn't have his trademark typos in either the letters sent to him or the replies anymore?

There seems to be a lot more incoherent stuff as well where there is an article where the top half has google search exact phrase matches with other news outlets and then the bottom just doesn't quite click? The Civil unrest killing france article would be a decent example. The top half is clearly written in an anti establishment style and the the bottom half seems to be trying to say that the youth are going mental for other reasons. Like it was two radically different people writing the article.

Kind of cool to sit on the sidelines watching it happen really.

I am hoping for a secret world government having taken over his site article coming soon.

Isn't the OFA that he describes and the articles he links to just describing someone setting up another political party in effect? Does anyone know what the threat is or is supposed to be?

11 hours ago, tor said:

Isn't the OFA that he describes and the articles he links to just describing someone setting up another political party in effect? Does anyone know what the threat is or is supposed to be?

I think he is implying that OFA is planning the overthrowing of a US government which presumably is illegal.

2 hours ago, cobran20 said:

I think he is implying that OFA is planning the overthrowing of a US government which presumably is illegal.

That would seem foolish, knowing your enemy is most of the battle. If your opponent is a constitutional professor then it is very unlikely he would do it illegally. More likely he is just going to cause the massive collapse that I am hoping to see through political pressure and destroy the hard core right people in a completely legal manner.

14 hours ago, tor said:

That would seem foolish, knowing your enemy is most of the battle. If your opponent is a constitutional professor then it is very unlikely he would do it illegally. 

Lenin was a politician and political theorist. I guess you wouldn't have expected such 'gentle' person to cause a revolution either.

If Trump increases real employment in the US, then you better get used to another 4 years of him. Those who voted for him are aware of the alternative.

Yep that is probably true with jobs, seems fairly unlikely to me for anyone to do that but maybe 4 years is a short enough period that the automation impact won't be felt. Does seem to be coming apace though.

With Lenin I am not sure the comparison holds that well.