Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xygen

The future of fiat?

16 posts in this topic

Old campaign, but some people here might appreciate it.

http://www.tbwa.com/#gsi121ci5b0q

Good read, thanks.

I have a framed collection of $1, $10,000, $1m, $1B, all the way to $100T, In fact Christmas 2010 I went to target got 10 frames and gave 10 away to family and friends. Its better if you can the blue $1 and the blue $100T, it looks crazy, same pattern.

They aren't expensive and make a great gift in a frame, you just spot uhu to them to card backing and slip them into the frame... Zimbabwe paper on ebay

zim_dollar_zoom.jpg.scaled.500.jpg

what gets me is mine has same serial number, im scare it might be forged!

Oh no! That would make your 100 trillion note worthless!

1 person likes this

what gets me is mine has same serial number, im scare it might be forged!

I'm sorry savagegoose but if it's forged it may be worthless. :dontgetit:

Great minds and all that.

I pre-open all the unread messages in new tabs, so I don't work in real time.

Yeah.

Its now only worth 1 trillion!!

Aren't numbers magical.

100,000,000,000 (have I got enough zeroes?)

How much is 100 trillion really??

I remember that comparison TP/Bernard had on GHPC, where the 1 trillion was equal to a football field of cash.

How much would 100 trillion equal.

Totally ludicrous.

Stick to gold boys, it's easier.

The total amount of above ground gold is in the region of 7 billion ounces............you'll never have to worry about any of that trillion nonsense.

Stick to gold boys, it's easier.

The total amount of above ground gold is in the region of 7 billion ounces............you'll never have to worry about any of that trillion nonsense.

How much is that worth in Zimbabwean forged dollars?

an oz of gold is 34 quadrillion zimbabwe forged bucks at a rate of $5/ F100 trill zimbos

The real question is if they can win and no matter how much you print you can buy more gold with your total quantity of cash. However if the market is a wake up then it will discount your money faster than you can print it. The result is then that total amount of gold for the total amount of fiat money contracts.

For example a decade a go there was 33 billion AUD in circulation. Then that was worth 1965 metric tons of gold. Today there is 55 billion in circulation, and that buys you less.at 1120 tons of gold.

The mysteries of intrinsically worthless money?

The inflation game fell apart 6 years ago.

The real question is if they can win and no matter how much you print you can buy more gold with your total quantity of cash. However if the market is a wake up then it will discount your money faster than you can print it. The result is then that total amount of gold for the total amount of fiat money contracts.

For example a decade a go there was 33 billion AUD in circulation. Then that was worth 1965 metric tons of gold. Today there is 55 billion in circulation, and that buys you less.at 1120 tons of gold.

The mysteries of intrinsically worthless money?

The inflation game fell apart 6 years ago.

I'm off to look for proof but I thought I read that Zimbabwe was printing money out of Germany and the price of the printing made it a loss making exercise.

I'm off to look for proof but I thought I read that Zimbabwe was printing money out of Germany and the price of the printing made it a loss making exercise.

At some stage they didn't use official currency quite as much. The banks simply wrote cheques and these were used for transactions. Yes you're right, that pretty printed cash was too valuable. This last stage was when things went very haywire, basically I suspect the banks were creating there own currency. Because of the shortage of cash I believe the bank cheque were made legal tender.