tom

Saving on Nicotine Patches

86 posts in this topic

yeah tks , i expect to see some cash eventually, but ATM any spare money is being spent on gum, mints, and bags of salty nuts. hey if i manage to stop eating into savings and using credit it will be a positive. and instead of being called a quitter, i prefer tax avoided.

just a reply on my quitting smoke,s i see by dates that its pretty much 5 months, the post i made on 14th aug , says ive gone 14 days no nico, and now its feb, so 6 months almost to the day.

woot!

but as i posted over in the gambling thread i aint seen any of the cash ive saved lol

Edited by savagegoose

just a reply on my quitting smoke,s i see by dates that its pretty much 5 months, the post i made on 14th aug , says ive gone 14 days no nico, and now its feb, so 6 months almost to the day.

woot!

but as i posted over in the gambling thread i aint seen any of the cash ive saved lol

Well done SG. No mean feat to give them up. I haven't managed it yet. :blush:

woot!

Well done SG. Do you miss it.

I gave up about 1.5 years ago and obviously no cravings but there are still times I miss it.

Well done SG. Do you miss it.

I gave up about 1.5 years ago and obviously no cravings but there are still times I miss it.

yeah for 1st 3 or 4 months every morning i woke up i wanted to go out the front with a coffee, and suck down 3 or 4 smokes like i had done every morning for years.

and days feeling like they had turned into ages of tedious monotony , like an ice age length of time to get thru to bedtime, when i would get 8 hours of relief from the craving.

till i woke up and went thru it all again.

but after about 4 months i got used to that.

but do i miss it? i dont miss the expense, or ill health, but i do miss the satisfaction and enjoyment.

yeah for 1st 3 or 4 months every morning i woke up i wanted to go out the front with a coffee, and suck down 3 or 4 smokes like i had done every morning for years.

and days feeling like they had turned into ages of tedious monotony , like an ice age length of time to get thru to bedtime, when i would get 8 hours of relief from the craving.

till i woke up and went thru it all again.

but after about 4 months i got used to that.

but do i miss it? i dont miss the expense, or ill health, but i do miss the satisfaction and enjoyment.

I saw a price list of almost $20 for a pack of peter jackson 30's my former daily ration. I hadn't realised just how expensive they'd become.

yeah i went and picked up a pack of 50 for a pal on way around their place, $31! i used ot smoke roll your own. and way way back a pouch was $12, im not sure now but i think theyre $30- now. it was funny cuz the gov rebate on nico patches, making it cheap for a 3 month supply, really did help, because i knoew if i wanted to get off nico for good, i really had to use the 3 months of cheap patches. and once i got the determination up, i just wanted to get off any nico ASAP and get it the hell over with.

but did I mention having diabetes else where on the forum? that has some complications, and although they aint hit yet i can feel they're getting real close and while i still have everything functioning its a good time to call it a day.

so i aint just some guy decided to quit, i have some serious complications in my future, so that was the incentive.

And just in case anyone wants a little bit more of an incentive to give up - :blink:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/world/its-official-smoking-makes-men-stupid/story-e6frea8l-1226264362188

The day I base my lifestyle choices on what happens to civil servants will be a sad day indeed.

If they had a study saying that guys that were super cool and sexy and smart only retained some of their powers into old age due to smoking I would laugh, laugh with a jaunty bit of tobacco thrust from my lips. Because the civil servants cluttering up the old age home by surviving so long had never had a moment of fun like me :)

The day I base my lifestyle choices on what happens to civil servants will be a sad day indeed.

If they had a study saying that guys that were super cool and sexy and smart only retained some of their powers into old age due to smoking I would laugh, laugh with a jaunty bit of tobacco thrust from my lips. Because the civil servants cluttering up the old age home by surviving so long had never had a moment of fun like me :)

That's the thing about smoking... part addiction, but also part sheer hedonistic pleasure.

And it goes so damn well with all those other hedonistic pleasures, as well... sigh.