tom

Saving on Nicotine Patches

86 posts in this topic

Actually sometimes if you put too much fluid in it does make that familiar gurgling sound.

If you tell me there's an ebucket I'm gonna be pretty impressed.

:smoke:

Just looked them up. Hookah.

I want one of these now!

220px-Indian_hukka.JPG

forget cigars, these have more than class, they are exotic.

Nothing like an exotic hookah. ;)

I'd love to drag one out mid meeting but they are a bit big for the top shirt pocket. I'm going to need a bigger briefcase. They are very cool though.

You know, with the e-cigs, you can mix nicotene, caffine and whatever else you want (from liquid form:)) into the filters. They can be a total get up, go and relax in the morning:)

A 30ml bottle of nicotine costs around $30 and fills around 30 e-filters - so it's a months worth of smoking.

Unfortunately, I am buying the odd packet of real smokes again. Dr recons I should just stay on the e-cigs. I have some complicated psychology going on with it though, as in exactly why did I start again and who am I giving up for.

You know, with the e-cigs, you can mix nicotene, caffine and whatever else you want (from liquid form:)) into the filters. They can be a total get up, go and relax in the morning:)

A 30ml bottle of nicotine costs around $30 and fills around 30 e-filters - so it's a months worth of smoking.

Unfortunately, I am buying the odd packet of real smokes again. Dr recons I should just stay on the e-cigs. I have some complicated psychology going on with it though, as in exactly why did I start again and who am I giving up for.

Still the odd packet is a lot better than full time buying / smoking ummester. Looks like lots of people still have the occasional durri reading the ecig forums.

Half the smokers who see me with it ask where they can get one. I reckon it really could be a pretty good weapon to get people to quit smoking. Albeit taking up another habit...

My missus was pretty sceptical at first but she cannot believe I have given smoking away after trying champix, patches etc and not having any success. Now using this gadget made in China I have given smoking away. In this first month I have only saved about $100.00 as I spent $170.00 on ecig gear and product. I reckon it will cost me about $80.00 a month into the future to just potter along and not become too involved with modifying ecigs etc to get more bang out of them so about a $200.00 a month saving.

Out of interest what gadget have you got ummester? The Riva 510 SE gave me more hit than an analogue at first and now I am used to it, it hits the spot in a tactile sense and I think this is a big part of the effectiveness of them. You feel like you are having a smoke even if it does not taste the same. Tricks the mind, and mine is pretty easily tricked.

Out of interest what gadget have you got ummester? The Riva 510 SE gave me more hit than an analogue at first and now I am used to it, it hits the spot in a tactile sense and I think this is a big part of the effectiveness of them. You feel like you are having a smoke even if it does not taste the same. Tricks the mind, and mine is pretty easily tricked.

A workmate imported mine for me and I just paid him. It's a black packet with a little green emblem. The packet holds about 4 cig recharges and charges itself via USB. I generally have 16mg filters, that the mate sells me for $15 a packet of 5 and each filter lasts a day if I don't have normal smokes. I also have the e-juice (which is almost out) and filling them is more tricky I think then the $50 odd a month you can save with it.

When I first went onto them, I just bummed smokes of workmates every now and then but after a while I fealt bad bumming and brought my own packet - which is a road to disaster:) I should go back to just the e-cigs but, as noted, the pshycology is complicated.

As far as I understand these products are perfectly legal to use in Australia and sell apart from the nicotene. There is a bizzare legal situation with nicotene being a poison where it is only legal for sale down under if it is in cigarettes or patches (if this doesn't prove that tobacco companies are controlling a certain poisons market in our country, I don't know what does - well the companies and the government who get massive revenue from them. It's funny, Australia can be really corrupt, worse than many parts of the world but it's on this small contained kind of scale that avoids being noticed by too many). All that said, importing the nicotene for personal use is fine - just so long as you don't on sell it.

A workmate imported mine for me and I just paid him. It's a black packet with a little green emblem. The packet holds about 4 cig recharges and charges itself via USB. I generally have 16mg filters, that the mate sells me for $15 a packet of 5 and each filter lasts a day if I don't have normal smokes. I also have the e-juice (which is almost out) and filling them is more tricky I think then the $50 odd a month you can save with it.

When I first went onto them, I just bummed smokes of workmates every now and then but after a while I fealt bad bumming and brought my own packet - which is a road to disaster:) I should go back to just the e-cigs but, as noted, the pshycology is complicated.

As far as I understand these products are perfectly legal to use in Australia and sell apart from the nicotene. There is a bizzare legal situation with nicotene being a poison where it is only legal for sale down under if it is in cigarettes or patches (if this doesn't prove that tobacco companies are controlling a certain poisons market in our country, I don't know what does - well the companies and the government who get massive revenue from them. It's funny, Australia can be really corrupt, worse than many parts of the world but it's on this small contained kind of scale that avoids being noticed by too many). All that said, importing the nicotene for personal use is fine - just so long as you don't on sell it.

It is indeed a wierd situation.

When the FDA met to assess e cigs and nicotine liquid they had submissions from a number of parties who were kept undisclosed for privacy reasons. I guess it would have looked prety ridiculous if say phillip morris was making submissions. In truth I don't think the cig companies would be that underhanded these days more likely the big pharmaceuticals...

I have finally ordered my Tornado Tank E-NIC Kit - Black form totally wicked for £59.99. Can't wait to smoke in pubs again. ^_^

Nice, you have one upped me there!

We should keep a tally on how much tax the government avoids by those on this forum who give up the smokes.

Probably run into the 10s of thousands. Could have built a school hall with that. Who am I kidding the way our government spends it, it would be lucky to get them a single set top box...

We should keep a tally on how much tax the government avoids by those on this forum who give up the smokes.

Probably run into the 10s of thousands. Could have built a school hall with that. Who am I kidding the way our government spends it, it would be lucky to get them a single set top box...

I gave up 26 years ago, when my third child was born.

Went "cold turkey".

Threw away the Winfields at the hospital.

Had been smoking for about 15 years.

One of the better things I've done in my life.

All the very best to those of you who are trying. Its worth the effort.

Sing out if you need any support.

I'll try to help.

Well, smoking now costs an average of 3-4k PA, I'd wager. And, i recon the government would see around 30% of that as revenue. So, each smoker who quits probably costs the government around 1k PA.

Sol, I gave up cold turkey 6 years back - kind of wish I didn't revisit it but turned to it as a known stress relief (which, unlike alcohol, keeps a clear mind). I know I have the willpower to stop again but still have the source of stress that caused me to re-start.

I'll try to help.

Cheers.

The ecigs really are the cheaters way out for those who get a buzz out of them. When you feel like a smoke you pick up an ecig instead and it 80% does the same thing. In stead of a sudden easing though you get a gradual easing of the craving which is close enough for me.

I am convinced I am addicted to them now but at least it is a lot better than the smokes on the lungs and the wallet.

If the government makes them illegal would be the only reason I could think that I would go back to smoking...

Nice, you have one upped me there!

I reckon I spend $140 per week. $7800 per year @62.5% in 2007 money (taxes have gone up since then but I figure the proportion would be roughly the same)

$4785 tax lost. But they may make it up on reduced future medical expenses. :)

More order status has changed to shipped.

In Australia, federal excise or customs duty and the more recently introduced Goods and Services Tax (GST) contribute substantially to the price of cigarettes and other tobacco products. In February 2007, a typical packet of 25 cigarettes cost $11.25.

As can be seen in Figure 13.1, of the total cost of $11.25, 53.4% is accounted for by federal excise duty on tobacco, and a further 9.1% by GST, bringing total taxes to 62.5% of final price.

I'll try to help.

Cheers sol. I have high hopes for this "vaping" technology. I definitely need to stop.

Cheers sol. I have high hopes for this "vaping" technology. I definitely need to stop.

For the first week you will find it does not taste the same and you may still hang a little bit for a smoke. Just keep reaching for the ecig and a week in you will not even like the taste of smokes.

The only time I really miss them is when I am drinking scotch or red wine. Both go really well with real ciggerettes and unfortunately do not pair well with mint or apple flavoured nicotine liquid though I persist anyway.

For the first week you will find it does not taste the same and you may still hang a little bit for a smoke. Just keep reaching for the ecig and a week in you will not even like the taste of smokes.

The only time I really miss them is when I am drinking scotch or red wine. Both go really well with real ciggerettes and unfortunately do not pair well with mint or apple flavoured nicotine liquid though I persist anyway.

Are you planning on giving up totally or just happy to be off the smokes?

For me it has taken nearly a year not to want them. I still think about smoking but not as often and is no issue to resist.

I used to smoke menthol. They weren't great with alcohol either so I have felt your pain. :) You right about the red wine/scotch. I bought the tobacco flavoured nicotine. I thought that might ease me into the vaping. Coffee time is also gonna be hard. :( I'd say that they will get more work out of me but maybe not, I do may best thinking while smoking. They may get less productivity

Edited by staringclown

Are you planning on giving up totally or just happy to be off the smokes?

For me it has taken nearly a year not to want them. I still think about smoking but not as often and is no issue to resist.

I am happy as is but I guess it would be even better to be off nicotine alltogether. One step at a time.

Congrats on being off them for 12 months.

I used to smoke menthol. They weren't great with alcohol either so I have felt your pain. :) You right about the red wine/scotch. I bought the tobacco flavoured nicotine. I thought that might ease me into the vaping. Coffee time is also gonna be hard. :( I'd say that they will get more work out of me but maybe not, I do may best thinking while smoking. They may get less productivity

I often think of important stuff when I go outside for a smoke. Stuff you forget while you hve your head down, and then go outside and think, ahhh thats what I should do with this etc.

I often think of important stuff when I go outside for a smoke. Stuff you forget while you hve your head down, and then go outside and think, ahhh thats what I should do with this etc.

I'm usually stumped completely. Go outside, stretch, and pace a bit. Smoke. think. bingo. Back inside and code til compleat. :shocking::)

I'm usually stumped completely. Go outside, stretch, and pace a bit. Smoke. think. bingo. Back inside and code til compleat. :shocking::)

The closest I get to that level of thinking is writing the odd nested if statement. Most of my day is spent just counting stuff which you can lose yourself in the moment and forget the big picture.. I wish I could go back to the days where I used my brain in such a fashion.

In my previous jobs I have often been a team leader or a manager. I have forced smoke breaks on everyone. Mostly because it was funny to kick non smokers out for a bit but my argument was that it got people thinking again.

Since then I have had a few people say that it really did work for them.

well 14 days no nico at all,

got the gov hand out patches, and wore them for a while, chewing nico gum when i felt urge to smoke.

switched to chewing normal gume when i felt urge to smoke,.

as soon as i was on no nico gum chewing, and only chewing normal gum, i started trying no patch

when i felt really angry , or like a smoke i put on a patch for rest of day.

about a week later, no more patches either and now i have a chewing gum addiction.

now i have a chewing gum addiction.

:lol: :lol:

I think there is counselling for that.

Congratulations though on your efforts so far.

Keep going.

:lol: :lol:

I think there is counselling for that.

Congratulations though on your efforts so far.

Keep going.

Yeah, well done!

well done savage.

in a few weeks you will really notice it on the budget.

about a week later, no more patches either and now i have a chewing gum addiction.

When I quit and substituted chewing gum, my jaw muscles got bigger/stronger and were occasionally painful, that will pass (Don't waste money on a dentist visit to find out you've strained your face).

The chewing gum desire eventually fades, but remember that the sugar free ones can be quite laxative :down: .

I am now a relaxed and regular guy.