tom

Saving on Nicotine Patches

86 posts in this topic

That's my problem I love smoking. I have cigars, a pipe and cigarettes around me all the time.

i hear you. but i think the love of smoking is actually a craving for nicotine and the effect of satisfying the craving. once the the addiction to nicotine is gone the appeal goes too (well in my case)... granted there is no better way to kill time ever invented, but that aside...

i can't believe what a social pariah you become if you smoke. It's a good thing if the cost benefit analysis means that subsidising nicorettes presents a savings to tax payers. Don't get me wrong. i don't want to smoke but the more bad lands it becomes the more attractive it seems to a contrarian. Catch 22 :smoke:

once the the addiction to nicotine is gone the appeal goes too

Oh good lord, NO.

I stopped smoking 12 years ago, have not had one since then, and and I still want to follow a freshly lit cigarette down the road like a puppy.

Oh good lord, NO.

I stopped smoking 12 years ago, have not had one since then, and and I still want to follow a freshly lit cigarette down the road like a puppy.

hahaha, i quit about 10 years ago and sometimes the smell sometimes catches me but about 6 years ago did i break down and puff one in a bar & it had none of the old satisfaction. just felt like inhaling smoke. absolutely no appeal left--which is good as i am pretty weak-willed...

i hear you. but i think the love of smoking is actually a craving for nicotine and the effect of satisfying the craving. once the the addiction to nicotine is gone the appeal goes too (well in my case)... granted there is no better way to kill time ever invented, but that aside...

Never worked for me. I often go for a day or two without smoking for work reasons and don't really get cravings for them. Flights to Europe with no smoking never bothered me either.

As soon as I have a chance to smoke something I am though :)

...and I still want to follow a freshly lit cigarette down the road like a puppy.

Mental note made.

Mental note made.

Did you not also note the will of iron?!

Edited by Ruffian

nico is about the only stimulant my brain gets, even just chewing the gum. patches really aint hititng the mark, but im out of gum and smokes now. so next day or 2 ill have to try and just survive on patches, maybe if things get desperate i can chew 1.

wake up and 1st thing i want is a smoke, so been doing that then wacking on a patch. maybe ill sleep all day . but still since the patches aint bought anything., and cut down usage.

i got a feeling boredom is gonna be my biggest problem cuz even boring stuff like surfing the net seems more fun with some nico going thru the system.

:wheelchair:~~~~

Oh good lord, NO.

I dont crave the smell. But i still long for a packet of cigarettes to keep me company on a raining night like an old friend who has died at sea.

I dont crave the smell. But i still long for a packet of cigarettes to keep me company on a raining night like an old friend who has died at sea.

It took me about five years to get the hang of having a drink without a smoke.

(But hey, practice makes perfect.)

It took me about five years to get the hang of having a drink without a smoke.

(But hey, practice makes perfect.)

That's still my problem after three years. I have adapted by becoming a binge drinker, I've maintained my overall alcohol consumption, but instead of temptation to smoke 6 nights a week it's now about once every two weeks.

I can't get a win here, I'm a non smoker but still a social pariah.

What am I going to do now when I am waiting for my luggage at the airport? :huh:

Stare at people.

What am I going to do now when I am stuck in traffic? :huh:

Fiddle with the CD player/radio, turn it up, look out the window.

There's a great book on giving up smoking by Allen Carr. "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" or something like that. He lets you smoke while you read it!

Over the last year or so I've seen some good results from people taking Champix - you can get prescribed one 3 month course a year via the PBS. Unfortunately, I've also seen a few develop some quite nasty de-novo psychiatric symptoms so it can be a double edged sword.

There is now a new pbs listing for champix so people can basically be on them for up to 6 months

Tom FYI patches will cost you $34.20 a month rather than the 55ish a week it would have been a month ago

OK, so I am on these gadets called e-cigs.

I noticed a few weeks back ummester mentioned on a post he is on them too.

Apart from an incident on site when I reverted to smokes (had half a 20 pack over an afternoon) I have been smoke free now for over a week. The remaining 10 smokes remain in my glove box for now.

Everytime I feel like a smoke I use the ecig in stead. way too easy to give one thing up and take up another as opposed to giving something up. There is speculation they are healthier than cigarretes but I know for certain they are a lot cheaper.

You buy a full kit from the UK with about a months supply of nicotine liquid for $100.00

After that costs about $50.00 a month.

I think you can get it all much cheaper from china but sticking with the UK stuff for now, made in China anyway but the china sites you appear to have to net bank your funds to them rather than using nochex via credit card etc.

Anyway if anyone is still a smoker I cannot recommend them strongly enough. Oh and they might get siezed by customs if you are in QLD so maybe you guys have to stick to the old fashioned way, cold turkey or champix etc.

OK, so I am on these gadets called e-cigs.

I noticed a few weeks back ummester mentioned on a post he is on them too.

Apart from an incident on site when I reverted to smokes (had half a 20 pack over an afternoon) I have been smoke free now for over a week. The remaining 10 smokes remain in my glove box for now.

Everytime I feel like a smoke I use the ecig in stead. way too easy to give one thing up and take up another as opposed to giving something up. There is speculation they are healthier than cigarretes but I know for certain they are a lot cheaper.

You buy a full kit from the UK with about a months supply of nicotine liquid for $100.00

After that costs about $50.00 a month.

I think you can get it all much cheaper from china but sticking with the UK stuff for now, made in China anyway but the china sites you appear to have to net bank your funds to them rather than using nochex via credit card etc.

Anyway if anyone is still a smoker I cannot recommend them strongly enough. Oh and they might get siezed by customs if you are in QLD so maybe you guys have to stick to the old fashioned way, cold turkey or champix etc.

Do you have a link for the site you buy from tom? I've seen a few people with these lately and they look like a good option for me. I've heard you don't want to run out of batteries though. The epack looks like a good solution. I wonder if you can use these indoors/at pubs etc. That would be excellent! I'm reliably informed you can see through time if you buy the strong mix.

Do you have a link for the site you buy from tom? I've seen a few people with these lately and they look like a good option for me. I've heard you don't want to run out of batteries though. The epack looks like a good solution. I wonder if you can use these indoors/at pubs etc. That would be excellent! I'm reliably informed you can see through time if you buy the strong mix.

I bought from liberty flights. Got here after about 20 working days! In one way the wait was good because it got me pysyched up ready to flick the cigs.

http://libertyflights.co.uk/products.asp

ECR69 will get you a 15% discount at liberty flights.

I baught the Riva510 SE and 2 30mL nic juices both tobacco flavoured.

An Australian forum on e cigs

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum.php

My latest order has apple flavoured, mint flavoured and coffee flavoured nic juices and more atomisers and cartridges.

I use it in the local near work but it is pretty seedy and I could probably smoke normal smokes if I really wanted to.

Definitely give one a go.

Part of the appeal for me is sticking it to the government around the smokes tax!

Edit: I should have added. About the seeing through space, order much stronger nic juice than you think you need. Well for me that was the case anyway. You definitely do not absorb it anything like smoking so I use 18mg now and have upped it a bit to 24mg for the latest lot as I would rather not having to work my lungs out so much to get enough nic. You can get 36mg from some vendors, so you will get one that packs enough punch if you need it just trial and error. Definitely not a one for one trade, i.e. I smoke 8mg smokes but 8mg nic liquid would not be enough. my 18mg nic juice is less potent than my 8mg winfields for me, so I am vaping more than I somked, though it is hard to compare cause with smoking I set verything to one side to have one or two, with this I occasionally have 3 or 4 drags. People say it is a personal thing though with some even getting off smokes using no nic juice so I guess get a mixture.

Edit 2: Oh and I use it in my ofice with the door closd as no one can actually tell you are doing it anyway being water vaper. I guess I could get unlucky if someone with a nicotine allergy wondered in...

I bought from liberty flights. Got here after about 20 working days! In one way the wait was good because it got me pysyched up ready to flick the cigs.

http://libertyflights.co.uk/products.asp

ECR69 will get you a 15% discount at liberty flights.

I baught the Riva510 SE and 2 30mL nic juices both tobacco flavoured.

An Australian forum on e cigs

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum.php

My latest order has apple flavoured, mint flavoured and coffee flavoured nic juices and more atomisers and cartridges.

I use it in the local near work but it is pretty seedy and I could probably smoke normal smokes if I really wanted to.

Definitely give one a go.

Part of the appeal for me is sticking it to the government around the smokes tax!

Edit: I should have added. About the seeing through space, order much stronger nic juice than you think you need. Well for me that was the case anyway. You definitely do not absorb it anything like smoking so I use 18mg now and have upped it a bit to 24mg for the latest lot as I would rather not having to work my lungs out so much to get enough nic. You can get 36mg from some vendors, so you will get one that packs enough punch if you need it just trial and error. Definitely not a one for one trade, i.e. I smoke 8mg smokes but 8mg nic liquid would not be enough. my 18mg nic juice is less potent than my 8mg winfields for me, so I am vaping more than I somked, though it is hard to compare cause with smoking I set verything to one side to have one or two, with this I occasionally have 3 or 4 drags. People say it is a personal thing though with some even getting off smokes using no nic juice so I guess get a mixture.

Edit 2: Oh and I use it in my ofice with the door closd as no one can actually tell you are doing it anyway being water vaper. I guess I could get unlucky if someone with a nicotine allergy wondered in...

Cheers tom and thanks for the advice. Might go order some now.

I believe a significant portion of the weight lifting crowd are moving into these from the gum. From what they say they are using it in the same way they use caffeine though. I recommended a big old cigar instead and was *ahem* frowned upon.

I believe a significant portion of the weight lifting crowd are moving into these from the gum. From what they say they are using it in the same way they use caffeine though. I recommended a big old cigar instead and was *ahem* frowned upon.

What about ecigars? We could reintroduce them to the board room.

epuffer-cohita-e650-electronic-cigar-2011-model.gif

How would that go in the boardroom.

The Riva 510 does not look at all like a cigerette and the SE does not have a poxy light at the end to even make it look like it is trying too.

If you are buying the riva starter kit or indeed most starter kits do not come with any e juice so you need to get that too. Otherwise you will be back on the smokes within days of getting it as you run out of the prefilled cartridges it comes with.

The pipes look even better!

Some of the home made mods are interesting. there is one person on the US ecig forum who has taken a smoke machine and rigged it up to be one of those arabic smoking devices people sit around and take turns chuffing on.

Anyway I will be keen to hear how you get on with them.

The pipes look even better!

Some of the home made mods are interesting. there is one person on the US ecig forum who has taken a smoke machine and rigged it up to be one of those arabic smoking devices people sit around and take turns chuffing on.

What? An eBong? :D

Anyway I will be keen to hear how you get on with them.

I'll let you know.

What? An eBong? :D

Actually sometimes if you put too much fluid in it does make that familiar gurgling sound.

Just looked them up. Hookah.

I want one of these now!

220px-Indian_hukka.JPG

forget cigars, these have more than class, they are exotic.

Nothing like an exotic hookah. ;)