zaph

It's a new car!

13 posts in this topic

POTENTIAL buyers are being offered incentives including new cars to help seal sales in a soft property market.

Agents and vendors are getting creative to lure buyers in an Adelaide market where the median house price is down 5.5 per cent over the past year and average number of days on the market is increasing.

Developer Jason Cummings is offering a new Hyundai car, or $10,000 cash back, with a house he is selling at Moldavia Walk, Osborne, for $345,000.

anything but drop the price.

i was just thinking , id rather keep the commissions ,and miss out on a buyers bag. and thats 350k for near an ADEL beach

Whenever I see those “free” extra’s worth ten’s of thousands of dollars I can’t but help think to myself “Keep those free extra’s and just knock it off the price"

Whenever I see those “free” extra’s worth ten’s of thousands of dollars I can’t but help think to myself “Keep those free extra’s and just knock it off the price"

Hyundai pfft! At least Chinese property developers give you a beamer.

Chinese property developer offers BMWs for buyers

Edit: linkage

me too but they don't want to 'devalue' their product.

me too but they don't want to 'devalue' their product.

Actually when I think about it, isn’t one of the Bull arguments about why people can’t afford to buy is because they want the manicured gardens, concrete driveways, garages etc etc. But just try and buy a bog standard house without the fancy schmanzy extra’s. You can’t. All I want is an affordable house with access to public utilities and employment opportunities in a non-crime ridden area.

Actually when I think about it, isn’t one of the Bull arguments about why people can’t afford to buy is because they want the manicured gardens, concrete driveways, garages etc etc. But just try and buy a bog standard house without the fancy schmanzy extra’s. You can’t. All I want is an affordable house with access to public utilities and employment opportunities in a non-crime ridden area.

A concrete driveway is fancy?

I am pretty sure that any work on a house now will mean the driveway has to be done to road type standards. In my neck of the woods anyway, neighbours wanted to subdivide and they had to put in serious driveways. Another neighbour is in the process and he has to as well. Not sure if that applies for all councils of course.

The bull argument I like is new house size which totally ignores the fact that it's land that's expensive and not the building cost. Also ignores that a whole bunch of outer suburban dwellers would love to be environmentally friendly and live next to publicly owned transport infrastructure like that which exists in the cities. Only problem is that as ridiculously expensive as outer homes are inner city is worse. It didn't use to be like this. My parents have said that new homes used to cost more than existing.

Anyway Tiger all you need to do is stop buying ipods and work hard :thumbsup:

My parents have said that new homes used to cost more than existing.

That's because your parents didn't have to pay fot their paren'ts retirement - they either lost 'em in a war, had 20s years less life life expectancy, or knew the government would support the one's who were left.

Anyway Tiger all you need to do is stop buying ipods and work hard :thumbsup:

That's right Tiger - your parent's are like the Greek Gods - they need to eat their young's debt to survive, instead of just their bodies. So generate some debt your parents can feed off already - you're just making it hard for everyone:)

As Mish says its game on when you are offering sweeteners to the wildebeste to buy into a Ponzi thats always meant to up in value. Timberrrrrr!

So I wonder if you could get the car, the $10k cashback, the showbag and $20k of the price if you haggled hard:)

So I wonder if you could get the car, the $10k cashback, the showbag and $20k of the price if you haggled hard:)

I've been in Adelaide this week and it seems likely... or it should only be a matter of time...

They have a local Adelaide TV news bulletin before the Melb/Sydney news daily.

Channel 9 one day last week had a segment clearly identifying 10-15% discounts from asking to selling prices across the city.

(No link I'm afraid - wasn't available/I couldn't find on the interweb). But clear MSM reporting of price situation.

Anecdotal information has people identifying their own place which would have sold for $750K last year now 'worth' $670K in their own eyes.

Another in $500K bracket who spent $70K on improvements to forced sale 12 months later for purchase price only.