urchin

how long will julia remain

253 posts in this topic

why is krudd challenging if he clearly doesn't have the numbers?

he's not going to be happy to rot on the back bench.

will he then resign and take up some UN job?

If he gets about 30 votes, it will be enough destabilise Gillard, go to the backbench for a couple of months, wait for the Labor popularity to drop even further in the polls and then go for the killer blow. I think that's what Keating eventually did to Hawke.

Interesting that this all happened the week that both parties were bringing an equal marriage rights bill in. No coverage of that at all now. Guess the gay people either missed out completely or we will have equal rights next week but no one will care anymore.

The world is so stuffed nobody cares about Kevin Rudd or gay marriage. The people would only take notice if it went quiet.

Edited by sydney3000

I'm just hoping that this whole leadership fiasco gets finished already after Monday, so that politicians can actually focus on more pertinent issues of the country. I don't like my tax dollars being wasted on petty leadership squabbles

If he is a sociopath (as you claimed earlier) I doubt he would do it without having a good indication that his plan will work. So delusion is unlikely I think.

THE SUM OF ALL SMEARS: Is Kevin Rudd actually mad or just maddening?

http://www.vexnews.c...just-maddening/

Rudd unfit to be PM: ex-advisor

http://www.sunshinec...r-john-mendoza/

We need to talk about Kevin

http://www.theage.co...0224-1ttxx.html

As long as Swannie never becomes glorious leader, I think I can cope with just about anyone else.

Thanks god that's over and I can now hear something on the radio besides kevin holding a press conference to announce the time of his next press conference. I'm with Medved - Rudd is a psychopath. He will have started plotting his next challenge at 11.01 am today.

I'm with Medved - Rudd is a psychopath.

A psychopath would have won. An egotist would have lost and blamed it on something else.

I am okay with an egotist being in charge as I think they all are. A psychopath in charge would be terrifying.

A psychopath would have won. An egotist would have lost and blamed it on something else.

I am okay with an egotist being in charge as I think they all are. A psychopath in charge would be terrifying.

Not if it was pointed out that he was a psychopath in the media. :) The direct appeal to the people (The people want me) and the grandiose claims of saving the party and the country along with stuff I heard prior his initial ousting from reliable sources lead me to believe he is at least borderline. Psychopaths can appear charming to those that don't know them well.

Not if it was pointed out that he was a psychopath in the media. :) The direct appeal to the people (The people want me) and the grandiose claims of saving the party and the country along with stuff I heard prior his initial ousting from reliable sources lead me to believe he is at least borderline. Psychopaths can appear charming to those that don't know them well.

I think you underestimate psychopaths.

You make it seem like he did these things as part of a cunning plan, it is true he probably thought it was cunning. But a psychopath would have picked up very early when it was obvious it wouldn't win. Long before the media knew anything about it.

If I was going to attempt such a thing I would have guaranteed I knew exactly what the media was going to say. I would have also known long before exactly which way all the people would vote (given the vagaries I would also have investigated the amount of sway each person voting for me would have over other claiming to be undecided or voting the other way).

And I am not even a psychopath. I am just sensible. Only an egotist would throw his career to the wind on a dream of what might happen or a self aggrandising moment.

Psychopaths are conservative people I believe, even more conservative than me.

I think you underestimate psychopaths.

You make it seem like he did these things as part of a cunning plan, it is true he probably thought it was cunning. But a psychopath would have picked up very early when it was obvious it wouldn't win. Long before the media knew anything about it.

If I was going to attempt such a thing I would have guaranteed I knew exactly what the media was going to say. I would have also known long before exactly which way all the people would vote (given the vagaries I would also have investigated the amount of sway each person voting for me would have over other claiming to be undecided or voting the other way).

And I am not even a psychopath. I am just sensible. Only an egotist would throw his career to the wind on a dream of what might happen or a self aggrandising moment.

Psychopaths are conservative people I believe, even more conservative than me.

I think you're thinking of evil geniuses. :D I suspect you may be one .

Most psychopaths I know are just manipulative. They do vary in intelligence and therefore he manipulation also varies in its effectiveness. Their constant faking of emotion always gives them away.

I don't think they are that uncommon either. Think of the classic kick down - kiss up manager. You must have worked with some?

Exaggerated sense of self importance, unwillingness to accept constructive criticism, excessively jealous and no empathy. (sh*t, I think I just described Ms clown* :lol: )

Edit: he'll be back

*And perhaps myself

Most psychopaths I know are just manipulative. They do vary in intelligence and therefore he manipulation also varies in its effectiveness. Their constant faking of emotion always gives them away.

I don't think they are that uncommon either. Think of the classic kick down - kiss up manager. You must have worked with some?

Exaggerated sense of self importance, unwillingness to accept constructive criticism, excessively jealous and no empathy. (sh*t, I think I just described Ms clown* :lol: )

I suspect that by using that phrase to describe them you have fallen for the manipulation.

"I am ineffective but it is manipulative therefore I am a "psychopath" rather than "bad at my job""

I think too many business magazines ran that article and somehow created the idea the successful hard core guys are "psychopaths" and therefore it is acceptable.

Real psychopaths eat your soul for breakfast (possibly amongst other bodily organs) and walk away scott free.

The idea that a psychopath makes you work long hours or steals your achievements is making psychopaths seem quite livable neighbours "Sure, he's a c**t but at least he's not a f*cking c**t".

Whereas psychopaths are actually really dangerous people, it is way more likely that they will wait for you behind the dumpster than they will claim to have spearheaded your project.

Some daft arse magazine put a single article about 10 years ago stating that successful business people shared the traits of psychopaths and since then it has become a get out of jail card.

Personally when they try that angle against me I point out they are tall (almost invariably anyone using that argument is tall) and that tall people make a sound everyone else can hear. It has been reported in the literature. Most of us find it very disconcerting and avoid conflict because it makes the noise louder. It is also kind of like the sweat stains we don't mention. The combination of absurdity (not my idea) and personal insecurities (tall people sweat more) tends to f*ck with them enough that they stop claiming to be psychopaths.

Mostly I do this at the pub because all the psychopath theory believers still feel they should take me to the pub.

The irony is completely lost on them.

Is she male and my business partner?

i thought that it was sociopaths that do all that, psychopaths do it and kill people?

cuz it sounds like you are describing an ex flatmate, and i dont think he was a psychopath. tho getting quite close.

I suspect that by using that phrase to describe them you have fallen for the manipulation.

"I am ineffective but it is manipulative therefore I am a "psychopath" rather than "bad at my job""

I think too many business magazines ran that article and somehow created the idea the successful hard core guys are "psychopaths" and therefore it is acceptable.

Real psychopaths eat your soul for breakfast (possibly amongst other bodily organs) and walk away scott free.

The idea that a psychopath makes you work long hours or steals your achievements is making psychopaths seem quite livable neighbours "Sure, he's a c**t but at least he's not a f*cking c**t".

Whereas psychopaths are actually really dangerous people, it is way more likely that they will wait for you behind the dumpster than they will claim to have spearheaded your project.

Some daft arse magazine put a single article about 10 years ago stating that successful business people shared the traits of psychopaths and since then it has become a get out of jail card.

Personally when they try that angle against me I point out they are tall (almost invariably anyone using that argument is tall) and that tall people make a sound everyone else can hear. It has been reported in the literature. Most of us find it very disconcerting and avoid conflict because it makes the noise louder. It is also kind of like the sweat stains we don't mention. The combination of absurdity (not my idea) and personal insecurities (tall people sweat more) tends to f*ck with them enough that they stop claiming to be psychopaths.

Mostly I do this at the pub because all the psychopath theory believers still feel they should take me to the pub.

The irony is completely lost on them.

:laugh:

None of the people I think are psychopaths would claim to be psychopaths though. Let alone the psychotic folk. Two different beasts. I worked with one chap that stabbed a parent to death (57 times). I worked with that guy for two weeks as he came back to work pre trial. He didn't bat an eyelid that everyone knew he'd done it. He was in the latter camp.

Kevin running for PM against the odds is evidence of unrealistic expectations. I see it as a spectrum. Maybe my psychopath equates to your egotist. Confidence is one thing but Kev has been plotting revenge for quite a while. There is evidence for this assertion. I know that is just politics but it takes on a different hue when you contrast the good of an individual against the good of a country. The labor party removed him as PM for a reason.

I will agree with you that the psychopath term is overused in a lot of cases. But I seriously don't believe that it was in Kevins case.

The only way to deal with the psychopath is to always make them believe you are useful to them and try to GTF out.

I will use the tall guy stuff if you don't mind. Keep 'em on their toes.

You have a permanent invite to the pub with me cos you ain't a psychopath :)

Is she male and my business partner?

Kinda. if your business partner is a six foot two transvestite that answers to boris. :laugh:

i thought that it was sociopaths that do all that, psychopaths do it and kill people?

cuz it sounds like you are describing an ex flatmate, and i dont think he was a psychopath. tho getting quite close.

Sociopath and Psychopath are same imho SG.

And that's my free wireless expired... :sadwalk:

I will use the tall guy stuff if you don't mind. Keep 'em on their toes.

It is a Scott Adams idea, which I regret mentioning as I have used him as a reference point a lot lately and don't want to seem all stalker about it.

I do love the idea though. I may have extended it. I like to run with ideas. As a caveat I just sent a corporate mail using the phrase "insane c**t".

Tomorrow we find out if I am fired or get a pay rise I guess.

I do love the idea though. I may have extended it. I like to run with ideas. As a caveat I just sent a corporate mail using the phrase "insane c**t".

Tomorrow we find out if I am fired or get a pay rise I guess.

I suppose it depends on the context e.g. if you were you referring to some famous person e.g. Kevin Rudd or Steve Jobs it would be ok, also if you were referring to yourself.

If it was referring to the secretary who keeps putting 2 sugars instead of 1 in your coffee then not so good!

1 person likes this

The only way to deal with the psychopath is to always make them believe you are useful to them and try to GTF out.

Yep. I only ever met the one but that was enough for me. Nod and smile and back slooowly toward the door...

and the real winner is Tony Abbott!

I'd agree with you, that Abbott and the Libs are the real winners in this Labor leadership squabble.

I was talking with my folks tonight. They live in Qld. Not Kevin fans but had him as a guest speaker at a recent dinner. A large chinese contingent at said dinner and apparently Kev gave a speech in three dialects. The chinese love him. My mum was speaking to Kevin after and during the course of the conversation inferred to him that we hadn't seen the last of Kevin politically. Kevin remarked back "You can count on it". First speech since the challenge was today. Personally I'm not a huge fan either. I did buy two Kevin07 t-shirts cos I enjoy political memorabilia and I figured "it's time" t-shirts circa 1972 would now be worth a mint. Pure speculative investment of course...

KRudd ain't done yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there were another challenge pre election. I'm more expecting a resurgent Kevin post loss next election to pick up the pieces.