Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bullshark

REIV stats

6 posts in this topic

Reading, as i do, through the Auction results page of the REIV website and after running through some fairly bad clearance rates I noticed that the 'Unknown Results' figure had somehow been skipped this week. I'm sure it was just an oversight but will check back tomorrow and again next week just in case its a new trend...

http://reiv.com.au/~/link.aspx?_id=F86BFA7729DF4E22B9FB036CD6EFD36F&_z=z

Get ready to see a gradual rise in the headline clearance rates as the market begins to "recover" with that pesky no result figure out of the way. <_<

Is the "next 4 week's average" auction number new, as well? Didn't they usually just give the "next week's auction" number?

Tough to make bad numbers look good when they are really bad? Who are we to question an Institute's methods?

Is the "next 4 week's average" auction number new, as well? Didn't they usually just give the "next week's auction" number?

Tough to make bad numbers look good when they are really bad? Who are we to question an Institute's methods?

I place little confidence in data that is presented line by line with " : ", incorrectly uses commas and full stops. i like data in a table.

Dose are you from Melbourne? don't follow the mel market closely. Aren't you the auction capital of Australia?

I place little confidence in data that is presented line by line with " : ", incorrectly uses commas and full stops. i like data in a table.

Dose are you from Melbourne? don't follow the mel market closely. Aren't you the auction capital of Australia?

I'd call Melbourne my base but I have moved around a bit.

My understanding is Melbourne has the highest percentage of properties transacting via auction. We'll see what the future holds: silent reserve auctions really only work really well when prices are increasing!

My understanding is Melbourne has the highest percentage of properties transacting via auction. We'll see what the future holds: silent reserve auctions really only work really well when prices are increasing!

And when finance is easy to get hold of.

Getting valuations done pre auction is nearly prohibitively expensive when you think of how many auctions you might attend prior to purchasing at one, so you really take your 10% deposit into the realm of danger if you buy at auction conditions when finance and valuations are falling.