Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Medved

Underground Bomb Shelters

10 posts in this topic

Erk. Can't say I enjoyed that site much. Took me back to my childhood, my parents took nuclear attack fairly seriously and I pretty much knew everything that site has to say from a very early age.

Build-it-yourself positive pressure ventilator made from a cardboard box, loo paper and some plastic sheeting for your improvised fallout shelter, anybody?

Not a great way to grow up, but it does make you more aware of your options - (in any situation.

Wow. I had a look at the website and I'd have to say that it's a unique website. It really plays on your fear of a bomb attack.

I don't know if I'd want OR need one, especially in Australia. We live on an island that is far from other countries, and doesn't have too much of a history of bomb attacks.

I wonder if you install one of those in Australia, if you're property value would go up or down?

I wonder if you install one of those in Australia, if you're property value would go up or down?

You could always rent it out as a granny flat for the extra income.

Using the interactive map the only thing I have to worry about hitting Perth is an asteroid. Mind you that wipes out most of the state...

Interesting about the fallout. A month after it reckons you are all good to go again. There will be no nuclear holocaust? I did not know that.

My knowledge of the issue extends to having read z for zacharia in yr 9, so it is good to know if you survive the blast stay indoors and it will be alright.

One thing that is interesting and makes me wonder about the design of these things, it seems you get ever diminishing "dividend" by going bigger. Why don't ICBM's work like cluster bombs rather than a single blast and spread as they re-enter the earths atmosphere? Reckon they would get more bang for their buck this way. 140 "little" bombs rather than one concentrated blast.

One thing that is interesting and makes me wonder about the design of these things, it seems you get ever diminishing "dividend" by going bigger. Why don't ICBM's work like cluster bombs rather than a single blast and spread as they re-enter the earths atmosphere? Reckon they would get more bang for their buck this way. 140 "little" bombs rather than one concentrated blast.

Tom just STFU! Don't give them any more ideas...

Tom just STFU! Don't give them any more ideas...

I cannot help myself... Even if I am wrong (often am) I always like offering my ideas to improve efficiency!

That said, I don't know if I could sleep at night if my job had anything to do with making stuff that kills people, especially indisciminantly.

I cannot help myself... Even if I am wrong (often am) I always like offering my ideas to improve efficiency!

That said, I don't know if I could sleep at night if my job had anything to do with making stuff that kills people, especially indisciminantly.

So whats wrong with atmospheric nukes for EMP? Totally take out the Infastructure of any modern city without hurting a single person. Make a perfect EMP weapon - you can sleep at night and no-one needs a bomb shelter. Thread solved:)