staringclown

Music thread

1822 posts in this topic

I was recently outflanked with my own music playing apparatus during a social gathering with some of my long time friends. It wasn't entirely comfortable but I allowed the evening to progress unhindered. It turned into a massive irretrievable retro fest. Any attempt by me to introduce any new music was met with derision and scorn. It has occurred to me since that most humans a reach certain age where they no longer wish to experience anything new and this is why certain radio stations exist only to cater to a particular demographic. Said stations die as their audience does. It was a sad moment that I realised that my peers had reached this stage. More sadly was that the same peers had once claimed to enjoy my early punk influences and yet these too had now evaporated in favour of mainstream retro disco... Most disturbingly I found myself suggesting tunes. At least according to my own recollection I picked the good ones.  :laugh:

I didn't pick this one but regrettably it was played to cheers. I should have conducted a vox pop as to trump supporters in the audience I know. But trump friends are still friends right? 

The night was a bit of a blur but I woke up hungover, embarrassingly with this ear worm.

I do like a pirate tune. Particularly as I face a trump presidency in the only sane way. unconscious. 

I'm transported back to a my three sons tune "ronald's got a ray gun" for which unfortunately have no youtube recordings. Only a soundcloud audio.

https://soundcloud.com/paislie-1/my-3-sons-ronalds-got-a-raygun

Clown, Johnny Cash and The Who combined. Nothing not to like.