staringclown

Music thread

1838 posts in this topic

Melbourne band - Twelve Foot Ninja.

Interesting video!

Strangely reminiscent of Rage against the machine. Disturbing clip. :D

Requiem... Have I done enough? Will I be remembered? If I keep myself alive till 96 will it make a difference to the world? Virtually nobody creates their magnum opus past 76 years old...

Yesterday marked the 15th year since the passing of INXS front man Michael Hutchence.

One from the INXS era:

"watch the world argue,

argue with itself,

who's gonna' teach me,

peace and happiness?"

And this brilliant piece from a project Michael was involved in with Ollie Olsen.

"Whether it's god or a bomb it's just the same,

and It's only fear under another name"

R.I.P. Michael, you're sadly missed.

Great to see the upload from music video director and friend of Michael, Richard Lowenstein.

Thank you Richard.

And this brilliant piece from a project Michael was involved in with Ollie Olsen.]

"Whether it's god or a bomb it's just the same,

and It's only fear under another name"

R.I.P. Michael, you're sadly missed.

Great to see the upload from music video director and friend of Michael, Richard Lowenstein.

Thank you Richard.

Good song. I remember it. ^_^/> INXS had a lot of cred back in the day. Dancing on the Jetty was the second song I heard of theirs. The loved one being the first

Let's have some trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkd_BJozZB0&feature=related

INXS had a lot of cred back in the day. Dancing on the Jetty was the second song I heard of theirs. The loved one being the first

This was my favourite back then...a little brit punk?

Take it easy on the Gin man.

Hogarth nailed the dangers...

Beer-street-and-Gin-lane.jpg

A tenuous link at best - this song makes me want to drink bourbon. Plus it's coming up to Xmas where road music will be required. I'll endeavour not to drink whiskey while on the road but just in case I would avoid the hume hwy between 23rd - 24th December if I was you. ;)

Take it easy on the Gin man.

Hogarth nailed the dangers...

Beer-street-and-Gin-lane.jpg

I am struggling to see which side is more debaucherous. No I am not cross-eyed.

My Gin intake is with a dose of tonic and a twist of lime. Not straight from the bottle (as you might have been imagining).

But still...

I'll endeavour not to drink whiskey while on the road but just in case I would avoid the hume hwy between 23rd - 24th December if I was you. wink.gif

I am doing the Hume and Hovell expedition (or is that a human hovel expedition?) around the 9th-10th of january...just to return the courtesy of a heads-up.

I am struggling to see which side is more debaucherous. No I am not cross-eyed.

My Gin intake is with a dose of tonic and a twist of lime. Not straight from the bottle (as you might have been imagining).

But still...

I am doing the Hume and Hovell expedition (or is that a human hovel expedition?) around the 9th-10th of january...just to return the courtesy of a heads-up.

Hogarth obviously worked for the ale marketing board. The tumbling building and baby being fumbled are the obvious symbols. I don't know what they are doing to the man in the background on the right but it doesn't look good. IMHO the right looks like an average night in the cross.

On the left everyone is fat from ale and prosperity (the pawn brokers sign is crooked) I'm not sure what to make of the guy with all the pies on his head. Except that beer and pies == good. I'm a bit torn between the two as well.

Classic song regardless. While we is boozing... :)

Thanks for the heads up for the 9th-10th. Might take the back roads home. :D

RIP Dave Brubeck...

If this doesn't win the weekly dance-a-thon I don't know what will.

RIP Dave Brubeck...

If this doesn't win the weekly dance-a-thon I don't know what will.

A lay down misere....but at what cost to your reputation? How did you find yourself at that video? :shocking:/>

A lay down misere....but at what cost to your reputation? How did you find yourself at that video? :shocking:/>/>

I saw Dave Brubeck's Obit. (I didn't know he was still alive) I was going to play "Take five" but I have already posted it way back in the thread. Once I saw the dancing on the vid I couldn't resist. Are you saying those moves would be out of place on "So you think you can dance?" :huh:

Are you saying those moves would be out of place on "So you think you can dance?" huh.gif

Are you thinking of entering?

Are you thinking of entering?

Depends whether they have a comedy dance category. :)