staringclown

Music thread

1820 posts in this topic

It's a nice tune. Are you familiar with Squarepusher?

I thought you had pics of me when I was a Flight Lieutenant and used to get drunk with my pinkie out wearing crsiply ironed pants, a sportscoat with elbow patches and sleeveless vest (now 3 day growth, Hawaiian shirt with surf sandals).:laugh:

Hi there

I love music especially seeing it live. Was in Melbourne during the 80s so spent lots of time at the ballroom, prince and espy. Then had kids and was too tired to keep up, am now renting in Darwin and it is difficult to find music that I like. Old punk, ramones, stooges and new york dolls still appeal - also enjoyed johnny cash esp. american recordings and lot of other stuff - janes addiction, rage against the machine. But the reason I am writing is to say... that I have discovered that I can listen to PBS music over the net (using realplayer) and I am really really happy! this means that I can put up with living in Darwin for a couple more years, while I continue to save to buy the land to be self sufficient in tassie.

So in case you guys live some where boring ... I wanted to let you know that it is possible to stream music and also listen to archived music from PBS (and I assume RRR as well but I haven't looked). there is also a free recording programme called audacity which you can get off the web which allows you to record the music as you listen to it and using another free programme called LAME you can export them as mp3 files.

tp

Just got home from the ACDC concert, very loud, but man those old blokes now how to rock

Hope I;m half that fit in my 50's

Just got home from the ACDC concert, very loud, but man those old blokes now how to rock

Hope I;m half that fit in my 50's

You know what that means?

It means that you are to old :laugh:

Any old how in Memory of the Canada Winter Olympics.....

Ok, everybody just calm the f*ck down...

Some more nice gear. Sound track muzic.

And for something a little bit more sinister Lost highway

Del Amitri - Nothing evers happens

Hmmm... Some of my links above have been hunted down by Sony. Replacements

Man, I've found youtube to be an inexhaustible source of long forgotten music lately. :) Long live the tube.

The anniversary of Me and Ms Clown on St Pats. St Pat -the patron saint of drinking. This really churns me up, it's our song :crybaby:

These guys from St Johns Newfoundland (more Irish than Dublin that place) have a cool sound StaringC...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=great+big+sea&search_type=&aq=f

Its very cool when you leave the waterfront pub at 1AM (Northern Atlantic next stop Galway Bay) in winter and its -20c. :shocking:

I saw them do a bonzer covers of Dirty Old Town and The Band Played Waltzing Matilda.

You know what that means?

It means that you are to old laugh.gif

Im mid 20's...... I think it means it was really loud

at least thinking like that makes me feel better.

Edited by itching

A mate who lives in West melbourne a couple K from Docklands claims the echo from the concert came off his back wall so well it was like being there (but quieter). Sat there drinking a few beers with his flat mates - all very pleasant.

These guys from St Johns Newfoundland (more Irish than Dublin that place) have a cool sound StaringC...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=great+big+sea&search_type=&aq=f

Its very cool when you leave the waterfront pub at 1AM (Northern Atlantic next stop Galway Bay) in winter and its -20c. :shocking:

I saw them do a bonzer covers of Dirty Old Town and The Band Played Waltzing Matilda.

Cheers TP. Good gear.

A coupla irish tunes for St Pat.

Chicks with shaved heads. :naughty:

And a sea shanty because I love 'em

A little girl, with a big voice!

Birthday

The song that "broke" them worldwide, and still their best song, in my opinion.

BTW, "Def FX - Surfers of the Mind" was a good post, love it, forgot I had the music video :)

Edited by tux

I was in the Mosh, thought it was an adequate volume for a concert. Where 'bouts were you?

A little girl, with a big voice!

Birthday

The song that "broke" them worldwide, and still their best song, in my opinion.

BTW, "Def FX - Surfers of the Mind" was a good post, love it, forgot I had the music video :)

Love Bjork. London 1989 that song was big. At least with me. :)

By god she is a good looking woman. :drool: Fell in love straight away.

New Cathedral album is due for release today in Europe! A very happy Mr Medved once I get it in my hands. :notworthy::thumbup::cheers::punk::yes: