savagegoose

interest rates up down sideways?

todays RBA interest rates descision   11 members have voted

1. 1. is it going up down or sideways

• up
    • down
    • even

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Who voted on a rise?

It would be absolutely shocking if they went up and imagine the outcry. That said, I hope they rise, but vote that they will not.

Interesting though with the inflation figures out yesterday. If that trend continues the rises may continue as soon as February.

I'm a little concerned. I am in agreement with most economists that there will be no change. Something doesn't feel right about that. :dontgetit:

I voted up because I reckon the RBA have all sold their houses and can now get to grips with solving the problem without hurting themselves.

h i voted up only because they seem to go against popular opinion of late, and pop opinion is even

Edited by savagegoose

I think that a Feb rise is on the cards. High inflation figures, but they'll leave it on hold due to the rise last month.

I think that a Feb rise is on the cards. High inflation figures, but they'll leave it on hold due to the rise last month.

if yesterdays unofficial inflation data is correct and dec quarter ABS CPI is up then probably feb but maybe march.

Who voted on a rise?

It would be absolutely shocking if they went up and imagine the outcry. That said, I hope they rise, but vote that they will not.

Interesting though with the inflation figures out yesterday. If that trend continues the rises may continue as soon as February.

I voted a rise for the following reasons:

1) They refrained in September & October, when it was definitely due, so it is the last time to up IRs till Feb 2011.

2) With the EUR crisis the international cost of money is up, and I feel that there are going to be world wide rate rises with a surprising speed. Pls consider this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_vigilante

3) To scare the lurkers ;-)

At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 4.75 per cent.

Impact on the AUD in light of what's going on everywhere else? Would be interesting to have been in the room!

oh yeah i forgot about the affect on exchange rates. raaised rates would add strength to the AUD and thats something no one in gov wants.

still whats going on in usa seems to be more important , i geuss we'll see a 1.05-1.10 range in feb if all things stay at about same except the rate rise

oh yeah i forgot about the affect on exchange rates. raaised rates would add strength to the AUD and thats something no one in gov wants.

still whats going on in usa seems to be more important , i geuss we'll see a 1.05-1.10 range in feb if all things stay at about same except the rate rise

Ha! Just don't get Tor involved. The AUD is against the wall. Prices going up here...means prices going up...here!

Interest rates. Far more interesting when they make more than the mortgage entourage more expensive!

Between my growing indifference to house prices, the lack of attention and discourse in the recipe thread is a concern.

Lard.

Whatever.